ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus, really sorry you are getting this negative feedback but to many of us it looks nothing like Viggo as Aragorn. I know you said you poured you heart into it but the likeness is not there. I, and I’m sure most of us were hoping for this to be a slam dunk but it’s just not there. I have the original and I have the rooted replacement sculpt. I will buy this as well if the head sculpt is better but as is there is no reason to. I’m sorry if that is harsh.

I’ve always loved this sculpt and have no idea why you didn’t use it? Unless This was from the first figure which to ,e it doesn’t seem like it. B02BDE57-0825-40CF-BA27-AF921A63751C.jpeg

Last edited:
I still won’t worry until we see better pics that aren’t from that same video. However, I will say that if this one doesn't end up better then I'll probably end up selling my V1 boots as I've been holding on to those for awhile hoping to use on a better version or the ACI had I been able to find one for a good price.

Last edited:
I like the intensity of the stare , but it's a bit off..... Otherwise great quality
Maybe the wounded head looks better

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

I think it looks great! It will be my first Aragorn and it matches the Helms Deep expression very well. I think more specifically the part where he tells the Galadhrim to charge.

I think it looks pretty good. The only thing that is a little distracting for me is that he is looking slightly up so there is white underneath his irises.

Thanks for posting those pictures Asmus. I honestly think it is a really strong likeness to Viggo in that shot posted by DakRen which is definitely the iconic look for Helms Deep, hoping you will post the battle damaged version as well. I think when people add rooted hair to it in the future that this will really shine even more.

I like it. It's not perfect and I think the previous Slim version might edge it, especially if you fix the hair so it looks like the prototype though. I think the hair on the HD version looks really good and I was definitely in the rooted camp for this figure. I'm definitely looking forward to picking this up and might buy two so I can use the extra heads and parts on my various Aragorn customs.
2e9ee06834ebe2add3b7ac063a70e2bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The profile does look pretty cool. It’ll just be nice to have such an intense looking character on display even if it’s not 100% Viggo. I kind of accepted that his face is simply too complicated to replicate even back in the toybiz days so even a 90% likeness is a treat. Asmus has an assortment of Aragorn attempts now and the potential to easily release 3 more Aragorn figures- Crown Strider with ROTK accessories, Black Gate & Coronation- so perhapsnsomeday they’ll do the impossible and get it 100%.

The whole body shot does highlight another slight issue I have with the stand designs; pretty much every character has a skirt piece or something that hangs behind them and the depth of the crotch-grabbing poles usually has them crumpling up fabric or elevating it unnaturally like in the SS Con shot. I feel the black beam design with two pronged crotch grabbers is going to move out of fashion soon (hopefully) in favour of a clear acrylic pole with a more discreet, less hook-like crotch piece- it’s just a matter of which company will pioneer the transition.

These diorama pieces (Crown Gandalf & Aragorn) would be a great place to employ a less invasive stand and to get the ball rolling for all other companies to follow suit- where applicable.

Back