ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they finally got a decent look for sculpted hair. But yeah, not sure about the likeness yet. The more pretty-boy aspect of his features seems to be missing.

What I really want to see is the Bloody Head.

Since Sideshow hasn't shown that, maybe Asmus can.

I thought about not posting this but it's out there so I don't see the harm. Better look at the figure at 55:45 of this video. I really don't like being negative but I'm not knocked out by it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP6Tr8oco3k. Maybe once we see some good quality pictures the likeness will come out.

ETA Time seems to have moved. May be like 59 minute mark. Cats out of the bag Asmus. How about some better pictures to make me eat my words.

Last edited:
I hope those boots are two pieces. They didn’t look soft to me and a could not see a seem separating the foot piece from the shin.
I hope I am wrong and it’s there and I just missed it. Also I am going to need to see more pictures of the sculpt from certain angles it looked better than others.

I thought about not posting this but it's out there so I don't see the harm. Better look at the figure at 55:45 of this video. I really don't like being negative but I'm not knocked out by it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP6Tr8oco3k. Maybe once we see some good quality pictures the likeness will come out.

Thanks for posting the video...I feel the same, it just looks OK (imo) in that video, I dunno, maybe we've been spoiled by the last few excellent sculpts that they have put out! :lol Hoping for some better quality pics soon that hopefully show a better likeness. :pray:

Took some screen shots of the sideshow con tour-
Face is looking pretty good but I think he needs a bit more stubble. I know we’ve had Asmus say the Boots are two piece so I’m hoping that’s still the case because the split is very well disguised if there is one. That’s a damn good looking outfit though and the stand is winning me over.
31BD61EE-1125-4CD3-950B-F9A840FD7583.jpg
176C2E9F-BDBF-4D00-A043-429C163F1A11.jpg
D079F9D1-9DD1-4471-99A4-4364F0445C82.jpg
42323B8A-3755-48B1-A0F7-52F9CD6730F8.jpg

Took some screen shots of the sideshow con tour-
Face is looking pretty good but I think he needs a bit more stubble. I know we’ve had Asmus say the Boots are two piece so I’m hoping that’s still the case because the split is very well disguised if there is one. That’s a damn good looking outfit though and the stand is winning me over.
View attachment 490667
View attachment 490668
View attachment 490669
View attachment 490670

So you seen it at the show? Looks better in person?

So you seen it at the show? Looks better in person?

? He said it was screen shots from the Sideshow tour in his post. I am not sure if Sideshow is letting people in to see it other than their own people or controlled PR stuff. Hopefully we get some better pictures of it as the week goes on but all we are going to have is screen grabs from whoever Sideshow lets in so I doubt we will have any first hand knowledge of whether or not it looks better in person.

? He said it was screen shots from the Sideshow tour in his post. I am not sure if Sideshow is letting people in to see it other than their own people or controlled PR stuff. Hopefully we get some better pictures of it as the week goes on but all we are going to have is screen grabs from whoever Sideshow lets in so I doubt we will have any first hand knowledge of whether or not it looks better in person.

Oh crap he did say that didn’t he. Sorry peeps

I may be getting really forgiving in my old age or maybe I am just really drunk on a combination of love for LOTR films and love for Asmus but in the video the figure looks excellent to me. I am really quite happy with what I see and very excited about it.

The lighting is really washing out the sculpt and playing havoc with shadows across his face (especially his nose) so it’s impossible to determine how good the likeness is. If Asmus is excited about it then I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt (they’ve earned it) and reserve judgement until they have the opportunity to show some of their own properly lit pictures.

Con photos always look bad no matter what. And usually causes the scare and harsh critiques. Will wait to pass any real judgment when Asmus shows us better photos and not just screen caps of unfocused video footage. For me though, I like what I'm seeing so far.

Last edited:
This is heartbreaking. I'm sorry to be rude...but this looks nothing like him....

5555555555555555.jpg

Last edited:
Asmus...if you are reading this....please don't rush this, you are close on the outfit but you need to take another stab at the head sculpt. It's so far off. My wife LOVEs Viggo in the LOTR and she walked in while I was looking at this couldn't help but giggle and ask who the neanderthal was. I told her it was Aragorn and she shrieked. PLEASE try again....we will wait.....

Oh crap he did say that didn’t he. Sorry peeps

No worries. I just wasn’t sure if you missed it or were being sarcastic and I missed the joke.

As far as the head sculpt is it just me or does it seem too small too? Again hard to tell from the way this is being done. Hopefully the official pictures when it goes up for preorder will give us a good look. So far in my opinion I think every figure in hand has looked better than the official solicitation pictures. Maybe there were one or two that weren’t and I am forgetting about them but overall that is how I have felt. I also believe my Elrond looks better in person than he did in the video so I am still holding onto hope. . . for now.

I'm sorry but "based on these pics" it's an easy pass for me (my first in this line).
IMO Looks to be just one step up from the open mouth head disaster- sad
Hope we will be able to buy the base separate...or the hands- the only parts i do like.
(please just be really awful pics)

Back