ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This line is so awesome that it makes me continually question my Hot toys Star wars addiction.lol
:lol
Yep, I know last year I spent more on ASMUS than HT.

I don't have an Aragorn so will pick this up. Helm's Deep is one of my favorite sequences from LOTR - even tho am more of a Hobbit collector. But works out well for me to display with Theoden and Eomer - and Gimli.

Glad there?s two heads and the figure looks exactly how I?d want a Helms Deep Aragorn. The dude was filthy during that battle! Guess I?m gonna have to just take the risk with customs and buy bf Ron Asmus all the time now.

That dio base isn?t screaming Helms Deep to me so much as big generic arch though. It doesn?t seem like it?s from a signature scene within the battle- maybe it?s that side door area he and Gimli use for the ?Nobody tosses a dwarf? scene?
I think a section of the wall where they begin the battle with the peak of an Uruk ladder attachment, the stairs he climbs to reach Haldir, muddy ground covered in debris from after the wall is breached or an actual 12 inch slab of the wall from which could have a bit of rope and a podium on the inner side for Legolas to stand on to recreate where he pulls up Aragorn and Gimli would all better evoke the battle.

Any of those would be awesome for a future Helms Deep Legolas or Uruk Hais. Obviously note expecting any changes with this release- and definitely include a shield for Legolas to surf.

I agree that the dio is too generic but that may be a good thing. I can see it also being used with Faramir for an "Osgiliath" scene.

I?m not even going to act like I won?t order this the first second it?s up. Keep knocking them out of the park, Asmus.

I?m not even going to act like I won?t order this the first second it?s up. Keep knocking them out of the park, Asmus.

Yeah, out of all the manufacturers, these guys seem to be constantly pushing themselves and improving with each release (or at least with each version of a character). Their communication and updates are also awesome. Good on them! Really happy to support a company like this.
Now, team up with Nanjin and get Star Trek back off the ground.....and make some "Willow" figures too please :)

I’ve honestly got to say if they don’t at least get close with the head sculpt I won’t be getting this. It doesn’t have to be exact but close as possible. I was not knocked out by the out of focus shot from weeks ago. I hope I am wowed by it.

Asmus seems to be proud of the headsculpt.

So much so they went ahead and made TWO for us. Have they ever given us two heads in a regular set before? They must be very proud... and want us to replace our previous Strider as well.

If that is the reasoning, then I am all in to buy this. Its not necessarily something I would have bought, but the headsculpt intrigues me. And I like the blood so far.

Asmus seems to be proud of the headsculpt.

So much so they went ahead and made TWO for us. Have they ever given us two heads in a regular set before? They must be very proud... and want us to replace our previous Strider as well.

If that is the reasoning, then I am all in to buy this. Its not necessarily something I would have bought, but the headsculpt intrigues me. And I like the blood so far.
Wellll A35FA603-37AC-46F5-A765-482503CFD35A.jpeg

The bar for an open-mouthed Aragorn sculpt sure was set low. The eyes are pretty good on that one though. I’ll get the version with two heads but it’ll have to be a vast improvement to get me to lose the rooted hair sculpt on my slim Strider.

Back