Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received the Griffon/Shadow/Nightmare combo from BBTS. I only wanted Griffon, but he's sold out, so had to get the lot. I no longer own V, but I'm a Devil May Cry 1 fan, so I wanted to display these guys with Dante. I won't be using Nightmare, but it's a nice trio for $100. Dyeing Dante's shirt was the best decision ever. His hair is meant to really stand out and contrast with his clothing, so I don't understand how Asmus made the mistake of colouring his shirt almost the same as his hair.

View attachment 691173
View attachment 691174
View attachment 691177
Glad that the pants will now hold up over time and not worry about them flaking. The shirt looks great bud. Will probably do the same to mine.

Well, my updated Dante has arrived and as a former owner of the version from the first batch, I want to note the following differences:

- The color of the cloak became a little darker. They created a worn-out effect; the previous figure’s cloak was clean and as if new.
- Changed material for the pants, which we previously saw in the preview and promo photos. Visually it looks good, I like it.
- The joints of the hands are very tight, the swords of Sparda or Dante hold well. Additionally, they added a set of interchangeable hands with visible joints for a greater range of motion.
- There is a print with a promotional photo, a nice little thing that the previous edition did not have.

But there are also the following disadvantages:

- Rebelion still has a bad magnet inside his skull. It’s unclear why they installed it there and at the same time attach an additional holder like the one Nero had. At the same time, the polarity of the magnets still conflicts with each other, which makes it necessary to install the sword with its horns towards Dante’s back, and not away from it.
- The Balrog's armor, or rather the gloves, no longer seem to fit the new and more massive hands. I previously had the regular edition and it seems to me that Asmus did not change the size of the gloves. I didn’t put it on by force, I’m afraid of damaging the figure.

Despite the minor flaws, I like this re-release much better. This is how Dante should have been from the very release, it seems to me. Well, I’m very glad that now I have a Sparda sword for him.
IMG_20240309_175204.jpg
IMG_20240309_175502.jpg
IMG_20240309_175650.jpg
IMG_20240309_182140.jpg
IMG_20240309_185158.jpg
IMG_20240309_185543.jpg

- The Balrog's armor, or rather the gloves, no longer seem to fit the new and more massive hands. I previously had the regular edition and it seems to me that Asmus did not change the size of the gloves. I didn’t put it on by force, I’m afraid of damaging the figure.

20210818_034200_HDR.jpg

KakaoTalk_20240310_083027961.jpg

I've been through the same thing about Balrog.

Changing to a muscle body made the Balrog not fit in the arm,
which was solved by cutting the inside like this.

It is recommended to cut it little by little and adjust it.

I'm surprised they didn't account for that fitment change.

They got back to an email I sent. They said they'll send a 3rd shippment out which will include my order later March. I'm OK with that gives me time to set cash aside.

Did you fully pay them already or waiting for them to send the email for the remaining invoice?

Waiting for the final balance email.

Just found an email in my spam folder from a couple days ago with an email address from "@gatewaypreorder.com" and they said the item will be in the stockroom next week and gave a link which takes me to my preorder page on asmus. But the asmus site says I can't make any payment until the item is back to stock.

I guess we have to wait until next week to be able to pay it?

Just found an email in my spam folder from a couple days ago with an email address from "@gatewaypreorder.com" and they said the item will be in the stockroom next week and gave a link which takes me to my preorder page on asmus. But the asmus site says I can't make any payment until the item is back to stock.

I guess we have to wait until next week to be able to pay it?
I might cancel with Asmus got lucky my waitlist with Sideshow converted for this.

Back