Asmus Toys : 1/6th Theoden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha ha...I am in too deep!

I hear ya!

Great pics, these two figures are fantastic! :rock

Thank you! :duff

:goodpost: :lol

Curious where you got it from - ? Just because I've been looking for an Eomer and trying to find one for a good price. BBTS has them but only the substandard grade.

What exactly does "substandard grade" mean? Is it just the packaging or the figure itself? If it is just the packaging, I recommend you go for it. These figures are made in limited quantities and once they are gone...

Curious where you got it from - ? Just because I've been looking for an Eomer and trying to find one for a good price. BBTS has them but only the substandard grade.

I got it from Secret Compass...I have been buying from them for years (preordered my 4 Ghostbusters from them many years ago and actually got mine in before anyone who ordered from Timewalker or BBTS). Great company. I have had an e-mail relationship with Shane their President for some time so he gives me good deals whenever he can. I was getting Theoden brand new for $170 so that ended up being the price for Eomer. $170 shipped brand new. Unfortunately they sent me the last one that they have in stock.

I hear ya!

What exactly does "substandard grade" mean? Is it just the packaging or the figure itself? If it is just the packaging, I recommend you go for it. These figures are made in limited quantities and once they are gone...

Only the packaging. I got my Asmus Hateful 8 Daisy Domergue from BBTS and they only had ?substandard? available. Figure and inner plastic trays were immaculate...the art box had some dents and creases...I was very happy and would not hesitate to purchase substandard again.
Also you are a big enabler for me. Watching you opening and then posting your LOTR figures for the first time has really been stoking the flames and motivating me to keep building my collection. I thank you...my wife probably does not though...:)

So substandard is just the outer packaging. I wouldn't hesitate in picking one up, either, especially if at a discount.

Enabler?! You just made me order Thorin! :duff

Just added this figure to the collection! Remarkable. My wife and I are watching the LOTR Extended Editions Appendices through and watching the work that went into those armies really makes me appreciate the figure on display...especially posed next to Eomer.

I finally added Theoden to the collection too - and am very happy with him:love. Staggering detail and the hair seam in hand doesn't bother me - it's not obtrusive in hand.

Good thing too as guess I could have gone through ASMUS, but U.S. seemed mostly sold out. There were about 6 left via Amazon and when I checked back,
now all gone. I don't know if flippers bought or what.

Really glad I slipped in under the wire - quick cell pic pretty much out of the box, just can't believe the details ASMUS pulls off. It DOES make you appreciate the details of Jackson's work
in Middle Earth and all the artists involved. Incredible.:clap:clap:clap Even the back of the shield has wood texture.

ASMUS_Theoden.jpg

Asmus carnival has this and more for the low!

Yeah but what’s the chance of getting one? The first figure sold out super fast and it’s hard to know what time of day they go up for sale during the carnival. I would love to get a Twilight Witchking and Theoden but somehow I don’t think I’ll be so lucky.

I finally added Theoden to the collection too - and am very happy with him:love. Staggering detail and the hair seam in hand doesn't bother me - it's not obtrusive in hand.

Good thing too as guess I could have gone through ASMUS, but U.S. seemed mostly sold out. There were about 6 left via Amazon and when I checked back,
now all gone. I don't know if flippers bought or what.

Really glad I slipped in under the wire - quick cell pic pretty much out of the box, just can't believe the details ASMUS pulls off. It DOES make you appreciate the details of Jackson's work
in Middle Earth and all the artists involved. Incredible.:clap:clap:clap Even the back of the shield has wood texture.

Congrats on getting him Sassafras, he is a fantastic figure IMO...deffo one of my LOTR 1/6 collection favourites. :rock

Congrats on getting him Sassafras, he is a fantastic figure IMO...deffo one of my LOTR 1/6 collection favourites. :rock

Thank you! I almost feel like I waited too long - that's just my rough estimate re availability. I just hadn't had the funds. But Bernard Hill in LOTR is a huge favorite of mine - I couldn't NOT have this terrific fig.

As a detail junkie I've got more time to just spend admiring as I get him set up - hopefully this weekend. I so appreciate ASMUS and their attention to Middle Earth while keeping the price within means. There's not any of my ASMUS figs I would give up unless EXTREME emergency.:love

Now available on Asmus’ site for their Carnival sale. I have seen many folks on multiple forums and sites mention this figure as a possible pick up. Do not wait long if he is on your list to get.

I picked one up as my second ever Asmus figure, the first being Eomer from last week. I figure even if I don’t go LoTR crazy, the two Rohan boys will look good together even on a more general fantasy shelf.

Now available on Asmus’ site for their Carnival sale. I have seen many folks on multiple forums and sites mention this figure as a possible pick up. Do not wait long if he is on your list to get.

I picked one up as my second ever Asmus figure, the first being Eomer from last week. I figure even if I don’t go LoTR crazy, the two Rohan boys will look good together even on a more general fantasy shelf.

I got Theoden about an hour ago. I picked up WK, Eomer and Theoden. At $150 a pop including shipping and taxes it’s too good to pass up. WK already arrived, hoping Eomer ships soon. Did your Eomer ship yet?

Yes. I received a tracking number from Asmus service. According to the tracker it left Taipei yesterday.

Good luck.. I bought Theoden and Eomer two weeks ago. After having no notice about shipment, I contact them to know what was going on. Now they say they cant ship to my country due to covid. I received a package from that country some weeks ago.. :huh They dont even alert about that. Very upset with Asmus..

Do anyone has had the same problem?

Back