Asmus Toys : 1/6th Theoden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck.. I bought Theoden and Eomer two weeks ago. After having no notice about shipment, I contact them to know what was going on. Now they say they cant ship to my country due to covid. I received a package from that country some weeks ago.. :huh They dont even alert about that. Very upset with Asmus..

Do anyone has had the same problem?

I had to send my Elrond to them for a replacement and due to covid, they couldn't ship here. Taiwan has actually blocked sending and receiving mail to many countries, including here in Canada, so all we can do is wait until the ban is off.

congrats on your purchases tho! It'll be worth it when they arrive.

I had to send my Elrond to them for a replacement and due to covid, they couldn't ship here. Taiwan has actually blocked sending and receiving mail to many countries, including here in Canada, so all we can do is wait until the ban is off.

congrats on your purchases tho! It'll be worth it when they arrive.

What was the problem with your Elrond?
Taiwan has not blocked sending and receiving, thats not true as I received a package from there two weeks ago. The courier they work with has banned such countries, as Asmus showed me a list with at least one hundred countries banned by their courier since March. In that case, Asmus should find another courier to ship their products and fulfill with their customers. Or at least warn their customers in their webpage that they are unable to send their products to those countries. They were not even capable to send a message to the customer reporting about that issue, I had to contact them after two weeks when I didnt saw shipping notifications. I think that is very unprofessional by their part. But well.. we will have to wait...

Hmmm. I was able to score my 2nd Theoden with their deal and he just arrived today.

Everything is screwed up, even within U.S. Some stuff shows up with blinding speed; other stuff just gets stuck either at USPS or in transit.

Everything is screwed up, even within U.S. Some stuff shows up with blinding speed; other stuff just gets stuck either at USPS or in transit.

Doesn’t help with the mail sorting machines being dismantled as well.

100 countries? Including Canada!? I assume the US is NOT on that list.

Someone should post that list here. Be helpful to many.

USA, UK and France were not in that list as I can remember, not sure wich more but yes, there were at least one hundred countries in that list. I got it as Asmus sent it to me, but I think that is Asmus the one that should post that list, as I am sure they are reading all this. I told them to put that list in their webpage too but I suposse they are not interested as they would miss a lot of purchases.

Yep so my Theoden/eomer package that arrived on 8/15 has been in transit with no scans since leaving LA, no idea when it will even be processed in Seattle. For comparison last month my WK from Asmus arrived in LA and in two days was in Seattle and the same week delivered to me.

What was the problem with your Elrond?
Taiwan has not blocked sending and receiving, thats not true as I received a package from there two weeks ago. The courier they work with has banned such countries, as Asmus showed me a list with at least one hundred countries banned by their courier since March. In that case, Asmus should find another courier to ship their products and fulfill with their customers. Or at least warn their customers in their webpage that they are unable to send their products to those countries. They were not even capable to send a message to the customer reporting about that issue, I had to contact them after two weeks when I didnt saw shipping notifications. I think that is very unprofessional by their part. But well.. we will have to wait...

Maybe not now but i do know that for awhile the mail was stopped as i have a few friends who live in Taiwan and nothing could be mailed. Now that must all be over with.
The Elrond i received had something wrong with the legs and a replacement is being sent. I think the pegs holding them were broken because they were unattached from the body in the clothing.

They did notify me immediately that i would have to wait for a replacement to be sent back. I didn't have too many issues with that considering everything that's going on but if their shipper is choosing not to send things now that is a little bit ridiculous.

Maybe not now but i do know that for awhile the mail was stopped as i have a few friends who live in Taiwan and nothing could be mailed. Now that must all be over with.
The Elrond i received had something wrong with the legs and a replacement is being sent. I think the pegs holding them were broken because they were unattached from the body in the clothing.

They did notify me immediately that i would have to wait for a replacement to be sent back. I didn't have too many issues with that considering everything that's going on but if their shipper is choosing not to send things now that is a little bit ridiculous.

Dunno if it's choosing not to - at least in the U.S. Sideshow had told me UPS and Fed Ex are all backed up. I just had Target re-ship items as a package went to the UPS hub and just sat - that happened to me already with an Amazon order.

Weirdly tho Sideshow seems to be able to get things through. U.S. Postal problems are probably well known. I don't know if folks are quitting from Covid, ill, not enough staff, or what.:dunno Maybe just overwhelmed with mail orders.

U.S. Postal problems are probably well known. I don't know if folks are quitting from Covid, ill, not enough staff, or what.:dunno Maybe just overwhelmed with mail orders.

All of the above. USPS has been a sinking ship for a long time, bleeding billions of dollars — and with several offices having reduced hours, or closing altogether years ago, the shutdown has forced more people to shop on line — which is straining every shipping company right now.

All of the above. USPS has been a sinking ship for a long time, bleeding billions of dollars ? and with several offices having reduced hours, or closing altogether years ago, the shutdown has forced more people to shop on line ? which is straining every shipping company right now.

1. USPS is a service not a business.
2. No other institution is required to pay in advance for retirement for 75 years and those funds are being diverted for other government debt
3. Shopping online results in more deliveries not less...and yes straining their delivery capabilities.

Yup and we haven't even reached the holiday season... its gonna be even more dreadfully slow getting anything delivered.

Yup and we haven't even reached the holiday season... its gonna be even more dreadfully slow getting anything delivered.

Yeah that's why I'm either hoping to get stuff paid off and in by October -early November; or it can sit on PO until late January or whatever.

That's the plan, anyway:google. Unless I get something 1) from E-bay close to home or 2) Amazon seems to do OK having its own drivers.

Got Theoden pretty fast at retail going through Amazon tho he might be sold out there now. :dunno

I emailed Asmus asking when Theoden was going to ship and they said they can’t due to the pandemic, but if I paid an extra $25USD they’d ship it via EMS. I’m a bit disappointed that I had to reach out to them wondering where it is. Couldn’t Asmus have emailed people letting them know of the extra charge?

I emailed Asmus asking when Theoden was going to ship and they said they can’t due to the pandemic, but if I paid an extra $25USD they’d ship it via EMS. I’m a bit disappointed that I had to reach out to them wondering where it is. Couldn’t Asmus have emailed people letting them know of the extra charge?

If it's not a way they usually ship, I dunno if any smaller company would contact a customer. Like, I might contact WETA in New Zealand for something, and pay an extra charge to have it ship from New Zealand vs. the U.S. warehouse.

Larger companies like Popcultcha have a website set up where u click the pricier shipping method at time of order. A lot of people don't want to pay any extra charges.

I don't think Asmus led you astray if that is what you are saying. I ordered a figure through TNS Figures that was supposed to have free shipping. Same story, they couldn't ship because of Covid. I waited probably a month or better with no change. Then I found out about the EMS shipping. I have no idea what it is all I know was I was tired of waiting. I paid the shipping and got my figure. It's just the way it is right now. Either wait until everything opens up or pay the shipping.

I was just surprised that they didn’t email me saying, look, we can’t ship your item to you due to Covid (which I completely understand) but we can ship it to you for a fee using someone else. If I didn’t contact them, I mightn’t have heard from them in weeks. Anyway, I will cough up the extra for it as it might take a few months if I don’t.

Back