Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Just receive Saruman. looks fantastic! But looks like one of the hand is missing from the trey. Can someone tell which one It is. Thx

View attachment 240604

Just receive Saruman. looks fantastic! But looks like one of the hand is missing from the trey. Can someone tell which one It is. Thx

Its not a missing hand, it is actually a click-on we designed for the package, but properly was drawn too near to the hands, so factory must have thought it is a space for another hand, so they took liberty and made it that way.... :slap

If you compare the listing in our website to the accessories in the package, you will have there is actually nothing is missing.

Never understand Asmus shipping schedule. Seems rather random.

George: do you happen to know when Saruman will hit the States?

We normally ship our first batch to the distributor in China, also distributor with forwarder in China.

as you know, travel to states takes about 1~2 month by sea, so yeah... the fastest way is order from our website,
we ship world-wide by air-mail from China directly.

We normally ship our first batch to the distributor in China, also distributor with forwarder in China.

as you know, travel to states takes about 1~2 month by sea, so yeah... the fastest way is order from our website,
we ship world-wide by air-mail from China directly.

OK, so its similar to HT -- once released to the Asian market, then released in US about 6 weeks later (give or take).

So Saruman should get to retailers like BBTS some time in mid-to late February.

I need to start ordering direct from Asmus.

Thanks!

Saruman looks fantastic. Whatever happened to the replacement GTW head sculpt? Seeing those two side-by-side it's quite apparent. Hopefully GTG will turn out nice.

Quick shots of my Saruman - great figure...

24646694965_5a7b11029b_c.jpg
[/url]Saruman by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr[/IMG]

24620513806_39ed72f1ba_c.jpg
[/url]Saruman and the Palantír of Orthanc by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr[/IMG]

24018562044_98f86fb893_c.jpg
[/url]Saruman vs. Gandalf by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr[/IMG]

Did have to fiddle with the head a bit (removed the black rubber plug from inside the head sculpt so it would sit lower and neater upon the neck) and also did a little bit of basic hairdressing (setting the hair with hot water before adding a bit of product to stop the fly aways - more detailed info if you follow the first picture back to Flickr) and I'm slightly worried by how tightly the forearms grip the wrist posts (lovely hand sculpts btw, shame they don't fit a bit flusher with the wrist ball but the sleaves help hide that)... otherwise he's a rather good figure.

The Palantir is very nice (no batteries included but I love the magnetic battery cover)... the orb less so; mine isn't anywhere near spherical and paint effect on the outside is a little 'meh', I'll probably hunt around for a more suitable marble, but it's still a pretty cool diorama piece.

Its not a missing hand, it is actually a click-on we designed for the package, but properly was drawn too near to the hands, so factory must have thought it is a space for another hand, so they took liberty and made it that way.... :slap

If you compare the listing in our website to the accessories in the package, you will have there is actually nothing is missing.

Ok...I see. Thanks for the quick reply. really appreciated.

That looks great!!! But you're right the Palantir looks a but meh. Oh well I can't wait for this to arrive. I think I'll try and make the led light have an orange glow to it though. Not sure why they wen't with a blue/white led light instead of orange.

oh man great pics! anyone who doesn't display him hovering over a palantir is crazy, it looks great with his hand over it.

Never received a shipping notice, but mine was delivered in Los Angeles this morning. Won't post pics as I only did a quick once over inspection to make sure everything was there. One thing I was happy about is that his stand has the "Lord of the Rings" logo rather than "The Hobbit" as seen in earlier pics.

Back