Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thoughts. Damn. My box was absolutely destroyed by auspost. Not just the brown shipper but the collector box as well. Thankfully no damage to the figure.

Next thought upon opening the box, the display board the pillar is supposed to sit on is a bent piece of cardboard. I might put a heavy book on it to try and get it back into shape, but no biggy because everything else is AWESOME!!!

The quality of the pillar is amazing! A real stand out of this set. So solid.
I also love the old wizard hands.

Still not 100% sold on how the beard came out but it's not a deal breaker. I'm really looking forward to setting him up in my detolf.

Great job Asmus. Thank you for making a figure of the legendary Christopher Lee.

First thoughts. Damn. My box was absolutely destroyed by auspost. Not just the brown shipper but the collector box as well. Thankfully no damage to the figure.

Next thought upon opening the box, the display board the pillar is supposed to sit on is a bent piece of cardboard. I might put a heavy book on it to try and get it back into shape, but no biggy because everything else is AWESOME!!!

Still not 100% sold on how the beard came out but it's not a deal breaker. I'm really looking forward to setting him up in my detolf.

Great job Asmus. Thank you for making a figure of the legendary Christopher Lee.

Your compliment means the world to us :rotfl

USPS attempted to deliver it yesterday (I am in Los Angeles as well, also never got a tracking email or anything). I left instructions for them to leave it at my apartment door so maybe it will be there tonight when I get home from work..

As far as posting pics on the forum, have the pics you want on the device you are posting from or on a URL you can post a link to and then hit the little tree in a square icon when making your post (up near the Bold/Italics, etc panel) or hit the globe icon if you have URL instead...

aupost? damn, still haven't got mine yet, guessing monday if you got yours in aus today.

I have no idea how to post pics on a forum haha. Any place you can direct me to figure that out?

if you have a picture, just click on the third icon from the right in the area above where you write your comments. You can either browse your computer or use a URL.

Finally got him after a few days waiting for USPS to redeliver him. I have to say he is pretty awesome. I like the sculpt and hair a lot. I wish they could have done a bit thicker on the back of the head but was able to futz it to look good from all angles. The Palantir altar is gigantic and really heavy. I wish they would have included batteries with it... I ran down to the corner CVS (drugstore) and they no longer carry button batteries so now I have to hunt them down.

Here are a few quick phone snaps of him:
saruman_3.jpg
saruman_4.jpg
saruman_2.jpg
saruman_1.jpg

The pattern in the white cloak is super subtle, I had to really look for it. My sleeves got a bit wrinkled in the box so could use a bit of help in the future but overall I like the outfit. The rubber belt is a bit loose but looks ok. The hands are awesome and mine changed out really easily compared to Tauriel. Some of the hands are a bit redundant as they are really close to the same pose. I think I will be keeping the two I have on now so he can hold his staff and the wide gesture hand works both for spellcraft and Palantir work.

Just got mine today, great figure but the build-an-orc parts were missing. Anyone else missing these or did I just win the missing parts lottery?

I got them but this is the only figure I have so far that has them... I have five figures of Asmus so it is a bit hit and miss whether they come with them but this release has the shin armor it looks like. pretty nice quality too, leather straps on the back of weathered metal armor.

P1070358.jpg

Sorry they aren't the greatest photo's but they'll do. If I knew posting photos to the forum was so easy I would have been posting pics all along hahaha
I'm normally on my phone so it isn't offered as an option.

Back