Asmus Toys 1/6: Grishnákh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks perfect !
Such an improvement on Guritz and Gothmog ( and I have both)!
The evil side is much more interesting to me, on a design standpoint. I enjoy the characters , like Bilbo, Frodo etc. But they're just "regular people"
Orcs, Nazgul , Trolls, Uruks , Sauron - thats the real fun ( on a display standpoint) ! So I heartily applaud Asmus for going with these evil characters, even if minor ones like Guritz and Grishnákh !
Thank you Asmus, you`re delivering :D
Just a sidenote , the name for the orc in question is Grishnákh , I noticed a little spelling mistake :D

Agreed!

This figure looks like it might blow away everything before it... and a solid contest against Gandalf.

This looks FANTASTIC!

Bravo, Asmus! :clap

My only quibble -- and mind you this is based solely on ONE photo from ONE angle -- is the placement of the eyes. If they were angled over to one side or angled downward (with some white showing above), he might look a little more intimidating and creepy. But the straight ahead placement makes him look just a little bit like a worried old man.

That's a TINY suggestion but I think it could make him look even better.

That said, I would be more than happy if he looked like this out of the box!

Good point. Can you imagine Lurtz with this level of detail?

I`m glad then, that Lurtz isn't done yet, so we can expect improvements on the next figures :)

Hopefully they add a little finesse on Thranduil, and maybe some elven warriors

OMG!!!!! Is this the actual figure and not a photo of the actual actor in the film? It is simply amazing!!!!!

I love the figures I already have from you - Morgul Lord, Gothmog and Guritz/Skully and have ordered Mouth of Sauron and am looking forward to that. But this looks to have taken this art form and elevated it to an entirely new level.

There are advantages you get with your format that go beyond a simply poly statue and it looks like you finally achieved perfection.

This is a must have.

How about a catapult roll from FIVE ARMIES? Or the Stumpy troll who brought down the tower Legolas was on?

Last edited:
He looks perfect !
Such an improvement on Guritz and Gothmog ( and I have both)!
The evil side is much more interesting to me, on a design standpoint. I enjoy the characters , like Bilbo, Frodo etc. But they're just "regular people"
Orcs, Nazgul , Trolls, Uruks , Sauron - thats the real fun ( on a display standpoint) ! So I heartily applaud Asmus for going with these evil characters, even if minor ones like Guritz and Grishnákh !
Thank you Asmus, you`re delivering :D
Just a sidenote , the name for the orc in question is Grishnákh , I noticed a little spelling mistake :D

Have to say you could have written my post for me as I feel the exact someway about the baddies and the regular characters.

80493364becf56c7b6aec3368311b8ba.jpg

31ae61a0615a87104819912dea14846e.jpg

76900429bb6c32fad871471889086446.jpg

3c121a646e0e4bb3b07d2d673939efde.jpg

13ad7b55d1fcf7cd89777312dcb0d31f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There should be another piece on the leg over the knee (and I could swear the leg armor is what I received as build an orc with Saruman) and probably I'll dye/weather the clothes, but overall this is very good: gorgeous sculpt, several layers of complex materials...I like what I see.

Edit: and of course it's Grishnakh not Grishnaksh.

Back