Asmus Toys 1/6: Grishnákh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome review! Can't wait to get this guy in November!

Something just occurred to me when you mentioned the accessories: this is the first figure I've used a payment plan through Sideshow for, and I did order him before the pre-order window ended, but since he won't be shipping until November will I still get the pre-order bonus spear? I kind of figured he would, but I'd like to know for sure. :lol

Awesome review! Can't wait to get this guy in November!

Something just occurred to me when you mentioned the accessories: this is the first figure I've used a payment plan through Sideshow for, and I did order him before the pre-order window ended, but since he won't be shipping until November will I still get the pre-order bonus spear? I kind of figured he would, but I'd like to know for sure. :lol

Yeah you should get it as a pre order bonus, so even though you flexed the item you still technically "pre-ordered" it.

Yup. I have him flexed through Sideshow as well.

I've done the same thing previously and still got the exclusives for Aragorn (extra head) and Gandalf the Grey (extra staff). So you should be just fine!

Really? I hadn't heard that Asmus was only making 500 Grishnakh! That's REALLY small...!

Really? I hadn't heard that Asmus was only making 500 Grishnakh! That's REALLY small...!

well... we make not the most popular chracter of the world to complete this mega universe called Middle-earth.

and if you compare to Hot Toys, 500 is like nothing... (Wonder Woman is like 30000 pc run)

Those who have this--are the wrists really as delicate as the MWC Review states? I've never had a problem with wrists breaking, and I don't want to start now because of not knowing how to deal with the problem.

His left wrist on mine came apart, it was easy to put back together but now swapping out that hand is a pin because u have to be extra carefull. Like MWC said, it's the only real issue with an otherwise outstanding figure.

Like I said, it would be smart to grip the ball on either side when swapping hands, tightly. I used needle nose pliers after I found the issue. I suspect it was less of a problem with Saruman and Gandalf because both had pretty soft hands, but the gloved hands on Grishnakh are harder material, making it tougher to pull them off, and putting more pressure on the ball of the wrist. What's weird is that I swear Aragorn had removable wrist pegs...

I personally use a hair dryer on the wrist pegs before removing hands . Especially Asmus toys and Kaustic Plastic figures . Never had a problem since .

Those who have this--are the wrists really as delicate as the MWC Review states? I've never had a problem with wrists breaking, and I don't want to start now because of not knowing how to deal with the problem.

It really isn't an issue, just like every other 1/6th if the hands are too hard just hair dryer first.

What do you mean, it isn't an issue? Other figures have wrist pegs that come out, ensuring the post itself won't pull apart. This is definitely an issue that is easy enough to correct - use a sensibly designed body.

Back