Asmus Toys 1/6: Grishnákh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if it is at all like Gandalf, he shipped within two days of me paying the remainder and then showed up a week after that so I bet he is coming soon.

Really excited for him but really surprised at how short of time between Gandalf and this guy. I don't have anything else on pre-order with them right now so I hope they make some more announcements.

Some in-hand pics have gone up on facebook:

14241690_279004529152287_3051139894063273151_o.jpg

14206050_279004339152306_1289447825927885295_o.jpg

14188360_279004515818955_7551754060119626294_o.jpg

14125478_279004332485640_5988676137768223715_o.jpg

The rest of the album is here:

https://www.facebook.com/ajstoysclub/photos/?tab=album&album_id=279004122485661

Personally, i think he looks amazing.

The little bit of hair he has needs to be combed out in the back . Surprised the photographer didn't do it . This Ork is disturbing to look at in a great way .

Looking really nice in those pics! Can't wait to see everyone here start posting pics and giving firsthand impressions

Well, guess who showed up at my house today.....

Grishnakh 1.jpg

I got to say a special thank you to George as he knows I'm moving in a couple weeks and was worried about this shipping out in time and I suspect he may have something to do with me getting this very fast.

So if you're reading this George... THANK YOU!

Quickie REVIEW:

I don't have too much time to really futz, so this is pure first impressions straight-from-the-box.

And there's good news ahead...

This figure is insane!

It's got weight to it. The feet hold firm. Joints are solid. The head sculpt is just sick as you can see. He even has real hair that's been slicked back and made to look wet and nasty -- but you can pull at it and make some extra-nasty styling. The detail on the outfit is terrific. And the fur is awesome.

He doesn't come with too much but its all he needs: a pike (the one that stabs him), sword, 4x extra hands and a pair of loose gauntlets and bicep armor that are all very well done.

The box is super slim compared to the previous arrivals -- but I like it that way. Hope more come this way, especially now I'm very aware of "box size".

box.jpg

box open.jpg

Grishnakh COMP 1.jpg

Grishnakh COMP 3.jpg

The figure has a lot of play as far as I can tell. Doesn't seem too restrictive. I was able to get him hunched and looking up just fine. I did not put the armor on the arms, but it doesn't look like it will limit him much. In fact, I believe the shin armor that spills out over the foot assists in keeping him from falling over.

The detailing on the outfit is really amazing. There's so much to look at. This one will really POP on the shelf.

Did I mention how sick the face is? Makes me wish they waited to do Gothmog now. Asmus really has come so far is a very fast two years.

Oh, and if anyone is curious: I got number 15/500.

So, is this figure the BEST yet...? I think it just might be. Some will of course have other preferences and likely choose the more major characters (like Gandalf), but if you look purely from an engineering and design standpoint (and the mixed media), I think Grishnakh would have to take top honors.

We'll see as this figure gets into more hands. One thing I can say for certain: those who purchased him won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Thank you for the early thoughts on this guy . Looks really cool !! Stupid question . Does he come with a stand ??

Back