Asmus Toys 1/6: Grishnákh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only-child-problems-sharing-main.jpg

I agree, so refreshing to see him in the front page.

I don't see him anywhere. Where are you seeing him? Link?

I personally guarantee this bad boy is going to be the BEST monster(ugly creature) figure ever,

I have got a mass product in hand,
and it is freakingly good !!

I absolutely can't wait! :clap

I don't see him anywhere. Where are you seeing him? Link?

I absolutely can't wait! :clap

I posted that some time ago when he was the just put up on the Sideshow site and so he was up at the top under new additions at that time.

I have not been there recently (as I am currently not ordering from them. Free shipping and straight from the manufacturer are great incentives but even when I cant do that, BBTS with no tax and reasonable shipping beat out whatever reward points I might get).

Pics are looking great! TT is my favourite LotR flick. Hope to see more characters from it. Eomer, King Theoden, Wormtongue, Gamley even Treebeard!!

Yes to all of those but we really need to finish the Fellowship while hopefully simultaneously giving us some good supporting characters.

I really want Uglúk, Gorbag, Lurtz, and Shagrat to round out with the upcoming Grishnak for some more bad guys and would love an Arwen and Galadriel to round out some females (and Elves at that).

Big fan of Denethor and of course the not yet mentioned by Asmus, Gollum - arguably one of the more important creatures/characters to the tale of the Ring.

Realistically though, I have no idea what I would do with all of these figures. I had to temporarily cancel my Mouth of Sauron as I have no where to put him right now. I am trying to plan a new logistical approach to displaying my collection and for the first time might involve parting with some older figures but I really don't want to do that.

I'm a pack rat though. I hold on to stuff for ridiculous reasons. I just went through "Box Gate". I lined up all my empty figure boxes and they spanned two full walls in my apartment! They were taking up every free closet space and storage area and also sitting around in stacks in my figure room.

I finally said F-it and threw away all the inside junk and flattened the ones that cool graphics.

20160423_114152.jpg

I'm a pack rat though. I hold on to stuff for ridiculous reasons. I just went through "Box Gate". I lined up all my empty figure boxes and they spanned two full walls in my apartment! They were taking up every free closet space and storage area and also sitting around in stacks in my figure room.

I finally said F-it and threw away all the inside junk and flattened the ones that cool graphics.

View attachment 288328

That's kind of awesome. I think you will not regret taking that pic. :rock

One could make a literal wall of those boxes and it would look kind of cool.

But I sympathize -- I'm moving this coming month and I dread having to deal with the masses of boxes I've collected in the last 8 years here. I keep telling myself I will do exactly what you did -- toss the trays and flatten them out for easier storage -- but I have never done it.

Looks like I may be forced to soon enough.

Those DX boxes are going to be tough to "fold" though. :lol

You're a brave man Travis...I've wanted to do that many times but I just can't bring myself to actually do it

It's just packaging at the end of the day, but we are collectors, are'nt we? And have trouble letting go of things!
Even shipping boxes, which when you really think about it, is a bit nuts.

Yea, it's tough letting figures go but it has to happen or i'll end up in your situation. If I see a figure I think I'm going to want, I take stock of my existing figures and decide if I want that new figure more than any of my other figures. If not, no new figure. I do have the "I'll never sell" list, but anything else is replaceable with something I like more. I never let my collection grow larger than 25 - 30 figures.

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to chuck all the boxes for my collection! In fact, because our house is so tiny, we actually rent a storage space at a local self-storage place and it costs $200 a month. About a third of it is empty figure/statue boxes. Even when I'm not buying anything new, this collection is costing me money!

But I'll never part with the boxes because you never know when you might want to sell them off. I never thought I'd ever be a seller, but I ran into some financial issues last year and sold off all my HT Nolan Bats figures for reasonable prices and dug myself out of the hole. Wouldn't have been able to do that without the boxes.

And it felt kind of great, too! Very freeing.

Now I just need to do that a hundred more times to clear some space for all the new stuff!

Back