Asmus Thorin 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope so! My dream would be if they did Lurtz

They've definitely confirmed Azog is on the way. And it seems to me that once they've designed him, from a figure production standpoint, they might be able to re-use a lot of Azog parts to make an Uruk-Hai. The base bodies would be similar ... :pray:

View attachment 422079View attachment 422080View attachment 422081

Asmus Toys THE HOBBIT series : THORIN OAKENSHIELD

(Product ID: HOBT 06)

The Thorin Oakenshield Sixth Scaled Figure features:

Authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of Thorin from The Hobbit trilogy.

· Asmus Toys DWF 1.0 male body

· Approximately 27 cm tall

· Over 32 points of articulation

Features:

· An authentic likeness of character from the film.

· One pair of relaxed posture hands

· One pair of weapon holding hands

· One pair of fist posture hands

Special features on Clothing:

· One textured fur wrap coat

· One dark blue vest

· One pair of long underpants with stitched pattern

· One patterned armoring tunic

· One patterned vast

. One pair of two parted boots (enhanced ankle joints)

. One pair of Thorin’s wrist bands

Special features in weapons:

. Orcirst (metal)

. One dwarf sword

· The Oakenshield

Accessories:

· One Asmus Toys figure stand

Est. Shipping Date: Q3 2018

MSRP: 199.50 USD (Pre-order with 20 UDS deposit)

Gold.

Gold beyond measure.

Asmus please show Bilbo as soon as he is painted.

Damn I think Star Wars 1/6th will be taking a back step for the next few years, if Asmus keep making figures like Gimli & now Thorin. Bilbo is a must (Freeman & Holm).
As for the other dwarves deffo Balin (my favourite), Kili & Gloin (from a design pov), Dwalin & Dain (badass) and Bombur (for comedy). As for the others if they are ever made I'll be very tempted.
LOTR is my passion, so I'll get any of the main & supporting characters if the quality remains. Do need a revised Gandalf though...

Yup. Star Wars, Marvel and basically everything else has taken a backseat to Asmus’ Middle a Earth for me.

Really wish Asmus could throw in a preorder bonus or cool base just like the ol' times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I HOPE I ordered - hard to tell got an error but Paypal seemed to send payment. Never used ASMUS store before. Sent an e-mail to ASMUS requesting to check. Spoiled from instant order stores like Amazon I guess.

Anyway, I NEED this. He looks great - no skimping on the hair, full set of weapons - just lush. Is he gonna be available via Sideshow?

Really wish Asmus could throw in a preorder bonus or cool base just like the ol' times.

I'm gonna use one of Phicen's snow huntress bases. This will be such a great fig to work with.:love If ASMUS puts out some 1/6 ponies I would lose it LOL:google

Edit: Prompt response from ASMUS (computer glitch) so my Thorin is reserved - thank you very much ASMUS!:clap:clap:clap:)

I gotta get more than one, anyway. If I could have only one I think of Thorin in his travel gear - IMO the journey is the thing, for me - but there's his war gear from the film. I've already got WETA Thorin-on-throne in gold armor (tho I wouldn't object if one day ASMUS did that too.) This fig will be great to customize.

I gotta start looking into heavy-ish 1/6 bows - not Thorin's primary weapon and I don't expect ASMUS to make - but just to have one and Thorin does fire off a few arrows in the extended edition and at Thranduil LOL "I will put the next one between your eyes"

Thorin_arrow.jpg

:blissy:blissy:blissy

journey1.jpg

Bilbo and 12 more dwarves to go, ASMUS:lol (And Beorn too:monkey3)

So excited for this! I'm gunna wait until he goes up on Sideshow so I can use some rewards dollars, but that's going to be a hard wait! He looks even better than Gimli, and I didn't think that'd be possible.

Haven't been this excited for a fig in a while - I think I was for Thranduil and still kicking myself for not squeezing out funds for more than one of him - just to have or customize. At least the SDCC reveal gave me notice to put some *gold* aside for Bilbo and Thorin.:cool:

So excited for this! I'm gunna wait until he goes up on Sideshow so I can use some rewards dollars, but that's going to be a hard wait! He looks even better than Gimli, and I didn't think that'd be possible.

This is so weird. I tried gong to the Asmus website to order this and when I click BUY, it says FORBIDDEN, you don't have permission to access this. If I click on Store, it says this account has been suspended. I haven't even logged in so how can it say it is suspended. Never had that issue before. Anyone else having that problem?

This is so weird. I tried gong to the Asmus website to order this and when I click BUY, it says FORBIDDEN, you don't have permission to access this. If I click on Store, it says this account has been suspended. I haven't even logged in so how can it say it is suspended. Never had that issue before. Anyone else having that problem?

Srsly they are having store/web problems at moment. I had the problem for a different order a while back so I just used SSC/BBTS. Only difference I can see is via ASMUS u can get fig before anyone else. And I guess immediate action if there is a problem.

E-mail: [email protected]

Remember time difference tho as they are in Taiwan.

Not your problem, the site is down today. I guess it will be solved soon.

Yup. Star Wars, Marvel and basically everything else has taken a backseat to Asmus’ Middle a Earth for me.
If more and more people are prioritizing this line over other licenses / companies, Asmus better step up their production numbers! It looks like they gained alot of attention and fans thanks to Gimli.

I HOPE I ordered - hard to tell got an error but Paypal seemed to send payment. Never used ASMUS store before. Sent an e-mail to ASMUS requesting to check. Spoiled from instant order stores like Amazon I guess.

Exact same thing has happened to me, I hope my order has gone through - this will be my first Asmus figure, but I dont think it will be my last if the Bilbo prototype is any indication!! :yess:

Srsly they are having store/web problems at moment. I had the problem for a different order a while back so I just used SSC/BBTS. Only difference I can see is via ASMUS u can get fig before anyone else. And I guess immediate action if there is a problem.

E-mail: [email protected]

Remember time difference tho as they are in Taiwan.

I ordered Thorin right when he went up and after PayPal went through there was an issue and it wouldn’t send me back to the site and when it did it had him back in the cart. I email Asmus and they responded saying they had the record of my payment and that I was good to go for my order. That being said I did place a back up with bbts just in case.

Ordered!

Didn't get any glitchy screens until the end when Paypal couldn't manage to send me back to their site. Got hung up on an error screen. But I got an e-mail receipt from Paypal, so I should be good.

Now let's see if they really can make that ambitious Q3 delivery estimate! (Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with Q4, though.)

We are under going an major update on the website,
basically, we are making a brand new one.
So, some her and there errors may occur during the transition, we are really sorry about this.
we will solve this with the new host asap/

Great job on Thorin. I’m sticking with LotR only but the prototype looks awfully tempting.

Back