ASMUS The Hateful Eight Major Marquis Warren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hat does sit a lot lower. i just pushed it back a tad so that you could see the face. The hat is one of the weakest pieces in the set though. Its REALLY thin plastic and its flocked only on one side. It looks like a vacuum formed piece.

Are Asmus waiting for the factory to make their own stock of these?

Maybe these will be improved version 2.0s. :lol

Just got the Major in today and I have to say I am very pleased with him. Head sculpt and outfit both look great

IMG_5633.JPGIMG_5636.jpg

Asmus finally sent the invoice. :lol

So...after the first very early showing of this figure, the reviews have been somewhat favourable. Which is reassuring. I thought their John Ruth was an outstanding looking figure.

Got mine too

Do you get you invoices in £ or $?

I realised it's a bit of a Paypal scam as they calculate it on a bad exchange rate so they earn their percentage. As opposed to when you make a Paypal payment and choose to let your own credit card company make the exchange.

First impressions on opening are really good.

He doesn't seem to look anything like those early in hand photos.

I didn't find him easy to pose because of all the layers of clothing. One option would be with outstretched arms brandishing the Colts, but I used the non-revolver hands on him after putting the great coat on.

After getting those hands on I didn't fancy changing them. It took a lot of softening with a hairdryer to attach, and then a pair of flat nosed tweezers to push the jacket and coat sleeves back inside them.

Harder still is taking a photo of him that reflected an accurate representation of the sculpt. I have LED lighting in the ceiling and two LED standard lamps at each end of the room, but it's not enough to take a photo without using the flash. It was easier when I had a portable LED lamp to light the figure close up.

Improvising with angles, I ended up with this:

36752343631_d323bdedc2_o.jpg

It still doesn't capture the quality of the sculpting and paintwork.

Found a little flexi lamp that will take an LED bulb.

It's designed for bayonet bulbs, and all the bayonets I have are warm white (all the screw-ins are cool white).

I don't know if it makes a great difference when photographing, but I was still having a tough time. What it does do is give me a fighting chance.

This was the best I got from a few tries:

36725108082_23878ca9c8_o.jpg

Back