ASMUS The Hateful Eight Major Marquis Warren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6163.JPGIMG_6164.JPGIMG_6167.jpgIMG_6169.jpg

So I got this off of ebay casually like three weeks ago and he sat here unopened for a couple weeks and I cracked him open last night and he's been my project of the day.

Not sure why I'm the only guy who has this but I guess I have to post pictures then. So first off I apologize for only having two out of box pictures. I just didn't want to set him up I was so disappointed out of box I immediately went to work fixing him.

So I'll post the pictures of that later it won't be what you are getting that's for sure...

He's bad out of box... really bad. Not their worst but not John Ruth. I was impressed with Jon Ruth. I'd give him a solid 7.5/10 and all I did was make a custom fur hat with him and repaint his cheesy beard a bit and he was solid.

This guy really bummed me out. 6/10 at best.

Let me just say I think Asmus is a really bad company... like really bad. Bad paint, bad tailoring, really bad head sculpts and really bad production that always ends up with little distorted sculpts and loose joints etc. their accessories are good. That's their strong point.

So this suffers from all of the above. I have to say that the sculpt came out looking les rough than the prototype but where it doesn't lack in likeness, paint and that weird shrunken distorted Asmus horrible quality is present.

He had a cheesy painted beard and hair again.. like way too heavy on the black washing and drybrushig. They suck at this
It looks like a 7 inch McFarlane figure from the 90s.

Weird red eyes and nose... like he's sunburnt

The tailoring. Good god bad... thick tie knot terrible collar on the tie and that suit I mean really.

I was impressed with the tailoring on Ruth but I don't know what the hell this is... it's bad enough their birthing hips bodies they use but the material on this was ridiculous the suit material looks like a windbreaker!!

The coat is also bad. Hangs weird...those braid things on the front look terrible. I debated making custom ones but honestly I can't find good enough reference pictures to do that

The scarf is inaccurate it doesn't have enough fringe on the bottom. I'm debating fixing this or not...

The boots are just dry brushed with a weird blue and it looks so cheesy. Again McFarlane 90s

The hat... its thin plastic flocked and it looks ok to be honest and not too big. But they didn't flock the bottom. Lazy!!!

My modded guy with pics to come later tonight.

Overall a huge let down. I wish this company would go away and let other companies get their licenses. God damn all I want are semi decent LOTR figures in my lifetime.

I did these changes; pics to come later

- replaced suit with a pop toys black suit
- Replaced shirt with a Kato shirt
- Retied the tie knot much smaller
- Rubbed off the cheesy blue stuff on the boots
- Flocked the bottom of the hat
- Repainted his beard, eyebrows and hair
- Added a wire to the bottom of the cost so it sit better

Frack!!! I wasn't impressed with the proto but figured it wouldn't be so bad. I was wrong.
Thanks for the info. and the custom work that will come and make me hate you even more 'cause mine will never look like that.:)

Ah man I was apprehensive about this one due to the prototype looks like I was right to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAMN!!! wtf??? I had MASS high expectations after seeing the Hangman!!! Gonna have to do some work on him, when i get him. ASMUS is an odd company. They seem to be VERY hit and miss.. I wonder if these are the only 2 they are releasing from the series?

That Single Action Colt revolver looks to small. Think this figure not even for "parts" is good, thanks for the review and pointing out all the major flaws...wich seem wayyyyy to many for the cost of the figure.

Back