ASMUS - The Conner Clothing Set / Scaled Teenager Body - T2 John Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously you must all now pay

After the police badges appear. . .

Baa-dee-da-dah, ba-dee-dah-da-da. Baa-dee-da-dah, ba-dee-dah-da-da.
DEE-DEE-DOOO, DEE-DEE-DOO, DEE-DEE-DOO DUH-DA-DAAHHHHHH

I hate you.

After the police badges appear. . .

Baa-dee-da-dah, ba-dee-dah-da-da. Baa-dee-da-dah, ba-dee-dah-da-da.
DEE-DEE-DOOO, DEE-DEE-DOO, DEE-DEE-DOO DUH-DA-DAAHHHHHH

I hate you.

:lol :yess:

Man, Cagney and Lacey. Ended in 1988. I remember my mum watching that. Unless it was reruns I would have been the age of 5 or 6 that I'm remembering that music from. Damn...

Sculpt looks bizarre (assuming it comes with the set) but beggars can't be choosers in this case.

It does say headsculpt of a teenager boy. If you follow the threads concerning their LOTR/Hobbit figures, they do pay close attention to critiques about their headsculpts. They spent many many months revising their Aragorn, and they are replacing the Gandalf the White head they did several years back for those who bought it. Maybe some noise here will do some good, although, it does bother me that this seems to be unlicensed. Don't know why they would go that route.

Just questioned him about that. The hair is completely different at the very least. How can it be the same?

it does bother me that this seems to be unlicensed. Don't know why they would go that route.

Well, doesn't Hot Toys still have the T2 license? I don't see how it could have been licensed. And if it was I don't think they'd start with John Connor, we'd be seeing an Asmus T-800 instead of this surely.

Seems to me the explicit intention here is to fill in a gap Hot Toys clearly won't be tending to themselves while they sit on the license.

Well, doesn't Hot Toys still have the T2 license? I don't see how it could have been licensed. And if it was I don't think they'd start with John Connor, we'd be seeing an Asmus T-800 instead of this surely.

Seems to me the explicit intention here is to fill in a gap Hot Toys clearly won't be tending to themselves while they sit on the license.
I don't see how Asmus will be able to do this. Hot Toys issued a C&D to someone I know who was just casting and painting some slightly modified Kyle Reese heads. When they get wind of this, it's dead. Asmus is a little too high profile at this point to sneak this through. If they put it up for pre-order, I'm ordering direct or from one of the other HK shops I deal with. Want it before something happens.

Caine said they must have modified his sculpt and he wasn't aware it was unlicensed.

Going back to the unpainted sculpt, I realized that there is a seam in the hair. The part that hangs down over the face is a separate piece. That makes sense for the casting process. I guess Asmus chose not to use it and also chose to give the head a sub-par paint job. That's why it looks so different. They have been known to improve the paint jobs on their sculpts, but if it's at least the same sculpt, it is encouraging. Still need to see if this actually gets done.

My work here is done.

:devil

:cuss :lol

Going back to the unpainted sculpt, I realized that there is a seam in the hair. The part that hangs down over the face is a separate piece. That makes sense for the casting process. I guess Asmus chose not to use it and also chose to give the head a sub-par paint job. That's why it looks so different. They have been known to improve the paint jobs on their sculpts, but if it's at least the same sculpt, it is encouraging. Still need to see if this actually gets done.

Yeah, the paint is going a long way to throw this I think. :( Caine's original hair was much better IMO too.

Still, it's a decent head for your random lesbian collection.

:lol

I don't see how Asmus will be able to do this. Hot Toys issued a C&D to someone I know who was just casting and painting some slightly modified Kyle Reese heads. When they get wind of this, it's dead. Asmus is a little too high profile at this point to sneak this through. If they put it up for pre-order, I'm ordering direct or from one of the other HK shops I deal with. Want it before something happens.

Caine said they must have modified his sculpt and he wasn't aware it was unlicensed.

I think asmus likes to get a bit shifty sometimes. Two of their licensed figure on their site are just called "night guard" and "pet detective" instead of actually naming the franchise or character. They may try the same thing here. Just call him like "future leader" or something like that.

Back