Asmus Bilbo reveal!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, if Smaug is the size of a passenger jet, in 1/6 scale, he'd easily be 30 or 40 feet long! Even just his head would be massive in 1/6! Like the size of a couch compared to poor little Bilbo!

But I'd be all for a diorama/background of his giant eye peeking out from his gold hoard!

ASMUS could do it. Or someone. Just a base w. a vertical insert background that slots together - the eye of Smaug w. coins all around.

But I won't pester ASMUS as IMO they have done great w. accessories for Bilbo. Plus looks like a great portrait - not too extreme but not
blank either - like he's either worried (often) or serious. Praying the production paint is as good.:pray: For Thorin too.:pray:

How long does it usually take to see production photos before release from Amus?

How long does it usually take to see production photos before release from Amus?

ASMUS said Thorin photos are production. Thorin is scheduled at Sideshow Oct-Dec; Bilbo Dec-Feb. Imagine folks ordering from ASMUS will see them first. But who knows all the things that can happen plus holidays. By the time I get HT Loki think will be 2 years from first proto reveal. Ordered Thranduil in October from BBTS and think it was around 6 months before I got him. People ordering from ASMUS had him way earlier.

am i the only one who thinks the head is too skinny and older than he looked in movie?

am i the only one who thinks the head is too skinny and older than he looked in movie?

No. 2D art, 3D like this fig isn't gonna look the same - ever - as someone on screen with makeup and changing lighting conditions.
Esp. w. the expressive Martin Freeman.

So far so good- outstanding even:bounce - if ASMUS can keep on the paint production.

Bilbos.jpg

Getting 2 Bilbos:drool
Wonder if ASMUS would toss in the Bag End bathrobe?

No. 2D art, 3D like this fig isn't gonna look the same - ever - as someone on screen with makeup and changing lighting conditions.
Esp. w. the expressive Martin Freeman.

So far so good- outstanding even:bounce - if ASMUS can keep on the paint production.

View attachment 424750

Getting 2 Bilbos:drool
Wonder if ASMUS would toss in the Bag End bathrobe?

After looking at the pics you provided I would think the jaw line needs to be rounded out somewhat.

After looking at the pics you provided I would think the jaw line needs to be rounded out somewhat.

Well, for me, I'm good with it (if the paint is kept up). I'd have to go through a lot of pics to really think about it as these actors' weights/appearance change through filming...IMO Sam is too bloated in the face. Freeman seems to have a well-defined jaw...he might've lost weight during the filming. Which would've gone along with being on a journey.:dunno

Not going to worry about it yet 'till we get stuff in hand...ASMUS seems to have spent a lot of time with Gimli, Thorin, and Bilbo. :impatient::impatient: I know I'd rather have a face slightly on the thin side than too fat, at least with these characters. Of course perfection is always good.:cool:

(Not that the version of Gandalf didn't need some help:monkey3 *cough* hope they re-do him with Shadowfax and new sculpt one day)

This is a surprise gift for my son (either Christmas or birthday depending on release date) and I'm sure he'll love it. :yess:

Got notification of my first flex payment coming out soon ... still holding out hope for a Christmas release. My son is going to flip. I'm really looking forward to seeing this in hand.

Got notification of my first flex payment coming out soon ... still holding out hope for a Christmas release. My son is going to flip. I'm really looking forward to seeing this in hand.

On ASMUS Facebook page, they say THORIN will be released no later than October. So perhaps there is hope that Bilbo can be released earlier??? e.g I wouldn't have been surprised if there were delays, but maybe things are on track?

Don't belong to FB w. their security problems:horror but like reading the info - and these ASMUS
figs are real labors of love.

Glad I have two Bilbos on order:monkey3. If ASMUS can keep proto paint quality/sculpts up on Thorin/Bilbo IMO they could be "figures of the year" with those superb accessories and tailoring.

My Gimli has shipped from BBTS and excited to get him. Wasn't even planning on him, but looks like amazing release.:drool If Thorin and Bilbo turn out great might as well hand ASMUS the card. Yep, I'll get multiples. IMO something like these may never be made again, and not with the accessories and diecast weapons.

Oh, no, Bilbo is nearly done,
in fact, if the order is via our website, it should ship something like before 15th November

Sooner than Thorin

in fact, if the order is via our website, it should ship something like before 15th November

Sooner than Thorin

Thanks so much for the update!! That's great news. I did purchase through Sideshow so I hope that doesn't add too much more time for delivery. I would love for this to be here in time for Christmas!

Sooner than Thorin

Yes ! That's great news, thank you !
:)

Back