Asmus Bilbo reveal!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just HAD to pre-order this!! Even if the head sculpt didn't look great (and it does!) the accessories alone would be worth it!!
Very happy indeed.

Looks great have PT's through SS so will wait till they have it up. (hope final looks as good)

This Hobbit looks fantastic... but it says 10"... that can't be right.

I'm assuming it's a typo... since this is their fourth Hobbit, I think Bilbo's height would be in line with rest of them.

And I too pre-ordered Bilbo... even though I have more pre-orders placed now than I ever have before. At 55, shouldn't I be slowing down on this collecting thing?

Last edited:
I'm assuming it's a typo... since this is their fourth Hobbit I think the height would be in line with them.

And I too pre-ordered Bilbo... even though I have more pre-orders placed now than I ever have before. At 55, should I be slowing down on this collecting thing?

IMO - well, with LOTR stuff or Hobbit stuff - that's timeless. It'd be nice to have a careful collection of figs and memorabilia. Also, as these figs are film-based w. really great casts - nothing like these will ever be made again.

Someday they'll reboot LOTR or the Hobbit but not sure whatever issues people have with the films - that the casts will ever be so perfect again. Like I was re-watching Predator and that's just "classic" with Arnie. Star Wars, the MCU, etc. great casts and aesthetics.

So IMO if your bills are paid, why not have things that make you happy? I've got a lot of POs in as well but I figure that's just how it is - learned the hard way to get stuff when released because, like, you can hardly get ASMUS' Thranduil now $$$$ Then there'll be long periods where probably stuff is being released that I will never have an interest in, ever. I always try to ask myself (since I don't sell my figs unless extreme emergency) if I can picture this 1 year, 5 years, 10 years down the road. That cuts the collecting binge down 'coz I have to WANT to manage the collection. It's why I passed on MOS even tho it's a really cool excellent fig - it's just...I didn't LOVE the character.

For sure I'd been hoping for a great Thorin and Bilbo for a good while.:drool:drool:drool

Just a quick FYI:

Asmus' website description for this is as follows:

Bilbo Sixth Scale Figure features:

Authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of BILBO from the movies: The Lord of the Rings

++++++++

This really should read:

Bilbo Sixth Scale Figure features:

Authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of BILBO from the movies: The Hobbit

Ordered! Love the attention to detail on the accessories. Wish he came with his walking stick that he has on the box art but that's a minor gripe. Oh and Bofur's leather snot rag hanky ;)

Pre-ordered for my youngest son. We saw all the flicks in the theaters and he loves them. We re-watch them several times a year...he's seen this but has no idea he's getting it, hopefully for Christmas!

Pre-ordered for my youngest son. We saw all the flicks in the theaters and he loves them. We re-watch them several times a year...he's seen this but has no idea he's getting it, hopefully for Christmas!
That’s awesome, hope it comes in time! And I know what you mean, seeing the first Hobbit was an amazing experience.

That’s awesome, hope it comes in time! And I know what you mean, seeing the first Hobbit was an amazing experience.

For me it was. I went in with kind of a breezy attitude and was *transported*. Couldn't wait for DOS which I'm gonna re-watch tonight. Don't wanna go down the LOTR vs. Hobbit road again and this isn't the right thread...but just love the dwarf cast and Martin Freeman's Bilbo + the films' designs and costumes. Thanx to ASMUS for the care they are taking.:clap

Really would like some more of the dwarves one day if ASMUS can manage it.

Couldn't wait for DOS which I'm gonna re-watch tonight.

Despite a serious lack of Azog, DoS is my favorite of the Hobbit 3 because of the magnificent Smaug and his dialogue.

I would love Asmus to do a scaled bust of Smaug to go with Bilbo... but I know it would be too huge a figure.

Despite a serious lack of Azog, DoS is my favorite of the Hobbit 3 because of the magnificent Smaug and his dialogue.

I would love Asmus to do a scaled bust of Smaug to go with Bilbo... but I know it would be too huge a figure.

Yeah, one of the things I totally support Peter Jackson on, was Smaug and his size and scale (and personality). WETA's behind-the-scenes and separate book on Smaug pretty interesting - the work on Smaug was staggering.

Middle_earth_hobbitmoviesize.jpg

smaug_sizescale.jpg

Kinda remember WETA talking about Smaug IF they had done a 1/6 his wingspread would've been 9-10 feet or something like that - room sized.
But maybe ASMUS or other - just use a poster? Could do a to-scale Smaug eyeball backdrop:cool:. Meanwhile, I gotta look into getting a created opal or dichroic glass cabochon "Arkenstone" or some sort of crystal small enough...

glass.jpg

smaug_eye.jpg

Luv the closeups of sculpts; Bilbo and Thorin look great so far!:clap

Yeah, if Smaug is the size of a passenger jet, in 1/6 scale, he'd easily be 30 or 40 feet long! Even just his head would be massive in 1/6! Like the size of a couch compared to poor little Bilbo!SmaugBilbo.jpg

But I'd be all for a diorama/background of his giant eye peeking out from his gold hoard!

Back