Ask Sideshow LOTR Q&A's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks liek everyone should start sucking up to Josh. I guess I should tell him I threw him into the volcano... or perhaps I can just let him find out on his own.

Great contest! :rock

With great power comes great responsibility. :lol

Great contest! :rock

shoot. you found out pretty quick. Did someone call you? I will assign the numbers one to five to the random potential winners selected. You will not know who has what number, you will just tell me what your number will be! Pretty simple yes?

shoot. you found out pretty quick. Did someone call you? I will assign the numbers one to five to the random potential winners selected. You will not know who has what number, you will just tell me what your number will be! Pretty simple yes?

I'm like the eye of Sauron I see all. :lol :lol yeah, that's simple enough for me and just how I like it.

If Josh picks himself, we all promise to revolt.

:D

Drat! You figured out my plan. :lol

Nah, I will refrain from entering since I'm helping pick the winner.

Looks liek everyone should start sucking up to Josh. I guess I should tell him I threw him into the volcano... or perhaps I can just let him find out on his own.

great contest!!! But I'm not a Bulls fan, so I think my chances of winning are slim to none, but I entered anyways :peace

I'm like the eye of Sauron I see all. :lol :lol yeah, that's simple enough for me and just how I like it.

Drat! You figured out my plan. :lol

Nah, I will refrain from entering since I'm helping pick the winner.

All kidding aside, I disagree with you. You have no idea if you will be one of the five finalists, and even if you are, you wouldn't know. You are just going to be picking a random number and there's no way you could cheat or rig that. So if you don't enter, I will enter your name for you. You deserve a chance at winning just as much as anyone.

All kidding aside, I disagree with you. You have no idea if you will be one of the five finalists, and even if you are, you wouldn't know. You are just going to be picking a random number and there's no way you could cheat or rig that. So if you don't enter, I will enter your name for you. You deserve a chance at winning just as much as anyone.

That's true. I just would hate for a great contest to have people get upset if it happened. If chicky is ok with it then I will enter.

Heads up LOTR fans. CAHobbit told me she already let you know an awesome LOTR item was on its way! Well i am offering you hobbits and dwarves a chance to win a free pre-order of this mystery LOTR item!

If you are interested then email your Name, address, phone number, email, board handle & board site name to [email protected], subject line: I LOOOVVVE LOTR and won't give Sideshow anymore crappola! This contest expires 11:59pm May 30, 2012. Winner agrees to pay for shipping costs, taxes and import fees, if applicable. (FYI- The mystery pre-order will be what I announce it to be! No assumptions. Just to make this fun, five potential winners will be randomly selected after May 30th and Josh will decide the ultimate winner by picking a number 1 through 5!

Thanks Chicky!!! Entered! :1-1:

JOSH!!!! Pick me! Pick me!

horshack.jpg

Last edited:

And i can see that power has already gone to your head! You closed a thread from a new member who is only just starting collecting... i was going to post a few things helping them out with what SSW have done before, but now the conversation has kinda been killed!

I see the aim of this contest has been achieved - no-one is moaning about Sideshow and LOTR announcements anymore! :lol

I am hoping that by the time someone wins this mystery pre-order, it won't be a mystery for much longer! Keeping my fingers crossed, but good luck to the other collectors here too!:hi5:

FrodoEyes, a little news or excitement doled out over time can keep us happy, but the previous lack of news has been too quiet on the Lord of the Rings front. I was looking forward to 1-2 Premium Format figures per year, and 1 Maquette per quarter. This schedule would be ideal, but with so little news, it is unlikely we would get a Premium Format to ship this year, and maybe a maquette depending on when it goes up for pre-order.

Well, with the news to come on the RWOS PF, 3 statues left to ship this year, and what I think we will see at comic-con we should be just fine news wise.

I think we have a lot on the horizon too, but I would hope that Sideshow creates a little bit of a smaller "sine wave" on their news and announcements. It seems like they tend to save up for the big shows or events, but then we have bigger lulls throughout the year. A lot of us here only collect LOTR, and even then, some people might only collect Premium Formats or Maquettes, so the pace of the line may seem more slow to them.

On a side note, I rearranged the guest bedroom into an office, and moved in two more detolfs with room for at least two more for now, and that should be enough space for the Ringwraith and Boromir Maquettes, but I have no idea where I might fit a Ringwraith on Steed Premium Format...not to mention any additional maquettes or Premium Formats down the road.

The contest from Chicky is totally cool though, and creates a ton of buzz, which this line needs! :clap

I'd love constant news for sure. I love collecting, talking about, reading about, watching all things middle-earth. So the more news the better.

Back