Asajj Ventress Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right but there may be some who don't buy 1:6th that want her in this scale.

That would be me. I have every PF exclusive and nothing in 1/6 scale. Not my first choice, but I will be glad to add her to the list - I'm hoping for dual sabers that ignite and an alternate head as the exclusive.

It does seem to work out that way. I agree things could be worked out a little better on the mixing of things but LFL I'm sure does have say in these matters. Which goes to show they are a little out of touch with the fans.

I don't doubt that at all....

I still say its an awesome choice, and his a very popular character with fans of the clone wars..I like her better than a generic clone trooper.

Apparently she will be in the new Clone Wars show a lot. I don't see them doing many EU characters, but there are so few signicant villians, I think it's a good choice.

I thought I knew but maybe not - what is the definition of EU?

In reality anything not directly written and done by Lucas would classify as EU. According to Lucas though even though he did not write the Clone Wars cartoon and will not write every episode of the new TV series, if any, LFL is classifying them as canon. According to Hardcore SW fans anything outside of the 6 films is EU. According to LFL any books, comics, games are all EU.

The picture, as least, is superb. I never thought a bald woman with colorless skin and black make up could be so strikingly beautiful, yet it has a stunning blend of evil and elegance which is almost unnerving. I don't consider her to be Expanded Universe because she's not; the cartoons are canon and the new TV show will be to, so accept it--she's a real, legitimate Star Wars character who is just as valid as Darth Maul or C-3PO, and in my opinion much more interesting. I would have preferred her to Grievous in Episode III, and even to Dooku. After all, she was originally the concept for the Episode II villain, and they used the very same designs when creating the Clone Wars cartoons. I think it's an excellent choice, much better than a Lando or a Tarkin would be. PF's need characters who are visually powerful, and Asajj certainly is.

Well, I am going to concentrate on original trilogy characters in the PF line. If space was not an issue, I would continue to be a completist, but for the time being I will not be picking up pieces from the prequels. And she wasn't even in the prequels, so she definitely doesn't make the cut. People who look at my 12" display in my office invariably say, "Who is that?" when they get to Asajj. In my experience, she is not typically recognized in my collection--and while I don't mind paying 12" prices for an unfamiliar EU character, I'm not going to devote PF dollars to a character that didn't appear on screen if nobody who sees it (besides hard core fans) will recognize it. I'm happy for those who want her, but we still have some key OT characters that need to be done and I'm waiting for them instead.

I'm glad to see SS take a leap and do a EU PF Character. I dont collect the 1/6 anymore, got rid of them to concentrate on the PF line. Also happy its not another Han or Luke, Asajj is a great choice, just let me put my order in.

Well, I am going to concentrate on original trilogy characters in the PF line. If space was not an issue, I would continue to be a completist, but for the time being I will not be picking up pieces from the prequels. And she wasn't even in the prequels, so she definitely doesn't make the cut. People who look at my 12" display in my office invariably say, "Who is that?" when they get to Asajj. In my experience, she is not typically recognized in my collection--and while I don't mind paying 12" prices for an unfamiliar EU character, I'm not going to devote PF dollars to a character that didn't appear on screen if nobody who sees it (besides hard core fans) will recognize it. I'm happy for those who want her, but we still have some key OT characters that need to be done and I'm waiting for them instead.

That's exactly how I feel Tom, I wonder how much more popular she will be though with the release of the clone wars movie/TV show. I have not been following news from the show so I’m not sure if she will be one of the main characters or not. That could help this PF sell but like you if it was not seen in the movies I don’t consider it a necessary piece in my collection.

So you're saying that you only pick up pieces that people will recognize when they see it? Perhaps I read this wrong....

Funny thing the two PF I will be getting are PT, even though I like the OT more, they just didn't nail any likeness on them...with Asajj there is no real likeness to hit so they are in the safe zone.

So you're saying that you only pick up pieces that people will recognize when they see it? Perhaps I read this wrong....

I didn't make a blanket statement that applied to any and all collectibles and every situation--I was talking about one factor in this one specific case that is a part of my decision not to get it. If they made a Lobot, I would get it no matter who recognizes it. (However, just about any OT character, background or not, will probably carry some level of recognition by casual fans in a way that prequel era EU characters don't.)

I am not going to collect prequel PF figures, and she is not a prequel character, but an EU character. If I'm not keeping Darth Maul, I'm certainly not getting Asajj. So she is too far down the list to get ordered by me. I'm not going to keep from ordering a piece just because it isn't recognized, but in this case that is one of the factors. I don't want my collection to feature the top lineup of main characters from the classic trilogy alongside an obscure EU character that appeared in two or three episodes of the animated series. The 12" line is perfect for something like that, and I bought and enjoy the Asajj figure. But I don't personally think that this character is important enough to warrant a purchase in the PF line--for me and my collection.

Back