Asajj Ventress Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing the two PF I will be getting are PT, even though I like the OT more, they just didn't nail any likeness on them...with Asajj there is no real likeness to hit so they are in the safe zone.

Have you seen Leia, I think it's the best Star Wars PF yet;

Leia_Exclusive_01.JPG

Old Ben is another great sculpt.

True true Tom, but after the animated movie comes out, this will all change :lecture

I still have the GG animated maquette for just such an occasion.

:D

I think that a lifelike Asajj will be similar to the Snowbunny Padme figure. If it has its roots in CGI or animation, making the jump to a lifelike representation doesn't always translate that well. I will say that the Asajj PF looks far better than Padme, based upon the preview. But we still don't have a memorable live action representation of Asajj seen on screen.

I still have the GG animated maquette for just such an occasion.

:D

I think that a lifelike Asajj will be similar to the Snowbunny Padme figure. If it has its roots in CGI or animation, making the jump to a lifelike representation doesn't always translate that well. I will say that the Asajj PF looks far better than Padme, based upon the preview. But we still don't have a memorable live action representation of Asajj seen on screen.

And mostly never will. But here's the thin Padme has a likeness in real life being Portman, the Snowbunny Padme didn't look anything like her, the bug eyes are enough to disown it figure and burn it. Ventress is fairly tangible in real life we have a lot of realistic depictions of her.

But here's the thin Padme has a likeness in real life being Portman, the Snowbunny Padme didn't look anything like her, the bug eyes are enough to disown it figure and burn it.

Uh, no. The sculpt is dead-on Portman. The PAINT, however, is a different story. :banghead

And those of you who keep saying Asajj "isn't a movie character" have completely forgotten about the Clone Wars FILM that is coming out this summer. She'll be VERY popular when that hits (and this PF won't even be out until way after that). This is actually a smart movie on Sideshow's part.

Unless this character seriously impresses me in the Clone Wars Movie, this will be an easy pass.

I too was hoping for one of the following:

Jedi Luke
ROTJ Vader
ROTJ Emperor
Stormtrooper
Slave Leia
R2D2/3P0
Chewie
ROTS Obi
….

I predict this figure will be a lot like Lurtz PF. Its going to be awesome and well made, but the character isn't going to be a big draw.

Its exactly the type of item everyone would love to win in an SSC contest but many less will want to pay for.

i think SS made a good choice with this one cuz the clone wars is right around the corner and everyone is gonna be jumping on the asajj bandwagon after the movie hits. i dont collect PFs but i have the 1/6 version of asajj and i love it. its right above my computer on the top shelf right now. she's well done. cant see the PF as being any less awesome. and what's with all the noobs coming out of the woodwork and whining about this and crying for a stormtrooper? STFU NOOBs.

I predict this figure will be a lot like Lurtz PF. Its going to be awesome and well made, but the character isn't going to be a big draw.

Its exactly the type of item everyone would love to win in an SSC contest but many less will want to pay for.

Lurtz was a pretty big draw. There was some serious clammering for him before he was made.

Well, he was supposed to be made in the SSW never did so we ^^^^^ed forever to get him. The Ex sold out quite quickly I thought.

This came out of left field. So far it looks good, but not something I'd spend the money on. The 12" figure is enough for me.

Well, he was supposed to be made in the SSW never did so we ^^^^^ed forever to get him. The Ex sold out quite quickly I thought.

No doubt. The ex for anything sells pretty quickly. I'm sure it will for Assaj.

Incedently, the alt head would be a great option for this one...:lol

I hope they don't go alternate head for this actually. This one though I don't think there will be many choices.

I hope the exclusive for this one is a damn Stormtrooper or :chew or :emperor
:rotfl

Unless this character seriously impresses me in the Clone Wars Movie, this will be an easy pass.

I too was hoping for one of the following:

Jedi Luke
ROTJ Vader
ROTJ Emperor
Stormtrooper
Slave Leia
R2D2/3P0
Chewie
ROTS Obi
….

What he said. I want a ROTJ Emperor sitting in his big chair. Then give me a classic Stormtrooper PF. (Let the Clones dominate the 12" line.)

Have you seen Leia, I think it's the best Star Wars PF yet;

Old Ben is another great sculpt.

I think Grievous was the best so far. I would also add the speeder scout, but I haven't seen it in person yet. I'm still trying to get the funds together.

Back