Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All very true. She only had the one SSW statue back in the day and one bust if memory serves me correctly. So there could very well be a bigger demand for the character. Which if there is thats great cause its just more good news for this line. I'm looking forward to see more pics of the piece so I can make up my mind. :lol

And I predict people will be very pleased when they see the statue up close and get their first real glimpse of the likeness.

I think the likeness will be the making or breaking of this piece. I pray your prediction is correct Collin and they get the likeness right. If they do, I'll be well up for getting her for sure...hopefully the Ex (if there is one). I'm hoping we won't have to wait too much longer for her reveal.

Bill

All very true. She only had the one SSW statue back in the day and one bust if memory serves me correctly. So there could very well be a bigger demand for the character. Which if there is thats great cause its just more good news for this line. I'm looking forward to see more pics of the piece so I can make up my mind. :lol

That's correct, one statue and one bust by Weta. And this will be SS's first "kick at the cat"....5+ year's and 40+ pieces into their LOTR licence. :lecture

I think the likeness will be the making or breaking of this piece. I pray your prediction is correct Collin and they get the likeness right. If they do, I'll be well up for getting her for sure...hopefully the Ex (if there is one). I'm hoping we won't have to wait too much longer for her reveal.
Bill

I'm right there with you and Josh....Arwen, and Gimli can't come soon enough for me. :)

Hard to imagine that in all these years only a couple pieces. An opportunity missed with several very nice looks as far as costumes back in the SSW days.

Hard to imagine that in all these years only a couple pieces. An opportunity missed with several very nice looks as far as costumes back in the SSW days.

We'll, SS will be taking care of one of those missed costuming opportunites shortly. :lecture

I think so. Assuming this line has and gets the legs I think it has or will have we should see multiple outfits covered from many characters.

I think so. Assuming this line has and gets the legs I think it has or will have we should see multiple outfits covered from many characters.

I have no problem with that whatsoever, but personally I don't want to see a single character "multiple" until all primary and secondary characters have been covered once....we've been down the road before. :nono

I have no problem with that whatsoever, but personally I don't want to see a single character "multiple" until all primary and secondary characters have been covered once....we've been down the road before. :nono

Yeah, that would be ideal thats for sure.

I subscribe to 99% of everything I read which has been posted by woodsy. :D

Woodsy for King! :wave

I don't post as much anymore I don't have to, Collin (Woodsy) does it for me!! :wink1::wink1::wink1: :duff

You guys are both exceedingly wise beyond your years........:lecture

If I were a politician, I think this is where I would say : My name is woodsy.....and I approve of these messages. :wink1: :lol

Last edited:
All that your posts does though Frodo is go to exactly what your winking smilie does. Nobody is perfect and many have gotten personal over the years with their comments.

As for any concerns over the likeness issue, it's a non-starter. Word has it a certain sculpting genious was brought in to tweak the likeness.....enough said on that I think. :wink1:

Woodsy - I assume that this tweaking was to be done after the group photo was revealed. Is that correct? If so, I would guess that it's a very possible reason for Gimli following Legolas. From the pic, it looked as if Arwen was a done deal and the Gimler was behind her in development.

I'm sure that, with the Master on the likeness, we will all be very pleased! Based on the schedule so far, we should be able to pre-order her in May. That leaves the 6th piece to go up during SDCC in July.

Woodsy - I assume that this tweaking was to be done after the group photo was revealed. Is that correct? If so, I would guess that it's a very possible reason for Gimli following Legolas. From the pic, it looked as if Arwen was a done deal and the Gimler was behind her in development.

I'm sure that, with the Master on the likeness, we will all be very pleased! Based on the schedule so far, we should be able to pre-order her in May. That leaves the 6th piece to go up during SDCC in July.

I really don't know if the group pic. Arwen is the before or after shot [hard to tell from one small photo :dunno], or whether Gimli moved up because of any alterations or not, as Gimli may have always been intended to be released after Legolas. But yes, when Arwen is released I think collectors will be very happy with her. :)

I do like your schedule, and it does sound reasonable though if Arwen is released in May and Boromir during SDCC that would give us 6 maquettes over a 13 month span which is quite a bit shorter than the 'one every 3 month's' number SS has given us.

i sure it will be good but would rather them make arwen at the ford before the ringwraiths.
i think we would all agree this would be iconic

Its a stand alone piece. As you can see here is a pic from the 12 days and what the piece will look at.

day_6.jpg

In the twelve days image, Aragorn's over cloak and the ground beneath him are so much more green, so much more verdant. Still came out awesome...

Back