Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling you guys are going to be extremely pleased with Arwen. The one photo we have of her does not do justice to her whatsoever, and I would think after the "Aragorn incident" [where a single preview photo had some around here declaring the maquette line dead and buried :lol] people would reserve judgement until after they see some better pic's. :lecture

I think so too. Still not sure I'll order but I like what we see in that one photo.

I think so too. Still not sure I'll order but I like what we see in that one photo.

Since I no longer own the SSW version this one really is a "must have" if I want at least one Arwen in my LOTR collection. Certainly not even remotely among my favourite characters [truth be told, I'm really not partial to any of the female leads], but I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far.

Yeah, I never had the one from the SSW line (one of the few statues I never had actually) so thats why besides it looking good in that pic that I want it. I like the character a lot but just never was impressed enough with the SSW piece to pull the trigger.

Although I find the Arwen posture iffy, it is certainly an improvement on the SSW version which does nothing for me at all

Hey, maybe they can pull off the change-o-outfit for the EX, and have her sport her Coronation outfit! That'd be a great 2-fer!

Ween! You went lotr today I see. Good choice.

Yeah I think from everything I've seen so far this is my line. Everything else has been scaled way back to make this work and I don't think I'll be dissapointed.

I can't wait for this one.

Maybe they'll give her a hood to go with aragorn as the EX.

I'm actually looking forward to this one as well. Hopefully the wait won't be too long. Very curious as to what the excl will be.

Yeah, I'm curious if nothing else to see what the Ex might be for her. Still on the fence about ordering but I can't wait to see it.

2011-02-18_163129.png

Looks like Arwen's been added to SS's prod. video's. I'll be surprised if we don't see her before Gimli.

Nice! I'm still unsure on if I'll order this one. I like what we've seen so far but its not a LOTR character I've ever bought before.

Nice! I'm still unsure on if I'll order this one. I like what we've seen so far but its not a LOTR character I've ever bought before.

knowing all the other characters that are in development, it'll be nice to step outside the box and order someone new and the one picture we have sure looks good IMO.

Come on SS :impatient:

I agree its nice for all those reasons. As I was telling Wetanut recently I am thinking about getting it because I do like the character and I've never had a piece representing her ever.

I can't wait to get her. The only Arwen I have is a toybiz one. It's a great little figure but a bigger one that's a sculpt will be great.
I hope they do a PF of her someday

I think she's going to have a smaller edition size, but I'm getting her. Looks great to me from what we have been shown. Maybe no exclusive this time....

I think she's going to have a smaller edition size, but I'm getting her. Looks great to me from what we have been shown. Maybe no exclusive this time....

I can't see her having a smaller ES than the excl. Legolas maquette [that caught me by surprise], but who knows.....:dunno

And the no excl. idea has crossed my mind though I'm still holding to the belief there is one based on the conceptual art.

23-07-201012-06-49PM.png

Yeah, the the Ex es on this piece probably will be around 350 assuming it does have an Ex. If it doesn't then the ES still needs to be around 750 or so total. Just because I don't think Arwen is one that will sell enough to generate something like 1500 ES. That way this does well enough and we move to say Gimli and then get shown say Boromir finally.

Yeah, the the Ex es on this piece probably will be around 350 assuming it does have an Ex. If it doesn't then the ES still needs to be around 750 or so total. Just because I don't think Arwen is one that will sell enough to generate something like 1500 ES. That way this does well enough and we move to say Gimli and then get shown say Boromir finally.

Josh, while I agree there's no way we'll see an ES anywhere in the 1500 range I think we might be surprised by how well Arwen is received. True, she's not the most popular character in Middle-Earth, but she's also a character that has received very little in the way of statue representation over the year's so oversaturation certainly won't be an issue. And I predict people will be very pleased when they see the statue up close and get their first real glimpse of the likeness.

Back