Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very excited to see this line on the move again.
I must say they look great all together.
Can't wait to have them on my shelfs.
Don't know why SS have not been keeping us up-to-date on this line's development.
Judging from the group pic there was a lot they could have told us before now.

Bill

I probably could...but I'll hold off on that .0001 until we see it in polystone, Woodsy.

I'm just happy that there is activity in the LOTR section again. Seems like ages since I posted in here.

Let's just say I heard it from an extremely reliable source. :naughty

True enough, this place has more closely resembled a morgue in recent month's.

As to the likeness issue, I also believe it is too soon to tell....though at 1st glance it doesn't appear that Arwen is on par with the incredible likenesses of Aragorn, Gandalf, or Legolas.

Still, as a previous owner of the original Arwen statue I will say I was less than thrilled with the likeness, or any other aspect of that statue. The pose, costuming, splendid-looking base, and the addition of Hadrafang are all upgrades as far as I'm concerned so this maquette really is a "must have" for my collection.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing in regards to Arwen. Too early to judge, but the likeness doesn't look too far off. The SSW Arwen wasn't 100% spot on either, but it was still a very nice piece. It will be nice to display this side of Arwen in contrast to her previous incarnation. Really looking forward to this one.

In this larger image, the likeness gets more worrying, there's just something that doesn't seem right. Lets hope it's not the actual sculpt.

day_6.jpg

Thats beautiful! Gonna get legolas and gimli an I like what I see of Arwen enough right now to get her.

Yep, i think this version is better than the Weta one. I like what Weta were trying to do, showing the graceful side to her, but of course Sideshow went for the more action-orientated pose, so we have two sides of Arwen represented in polystone now, so yes they might look good together :clap

Outside of Aragorn, Arwen is the one that really holds my interest (I prefer the PFs of both Legolas and Gandalf); but I need to see a larger picture before I get too worked up either way. The Weta Arwen is a fine piece and pairs well with the Elessar statue, but I too like to see the other side of her represented.

This is not meant to sound childish at all, but is her chest alittle too big? I remember Arwen looking more lithe and less busty.

Otherwise, I kinda like it. The pose is alittle weird - she's walking towards something with a blank look on her face and her sword drawn. I know that Elves can be aloof and distant like that, but even in the movie Arwen showed facial expressions during dramatic scenes. I hope the Ex will be something to swap out the sword with.

I have no interest in this statue but if I had to choose between this version and the Weta version, it would be no contest. I would pick this one without giving it a second thought.

I think Arwen looks ok, but I doubt that I'll pre-order it especially if there is a deposit required. I would maybe consider picking it up if it's still available at the time of shipping as long as there are no other conflicting collectibles. Other than that I hope it sells well as this seems to be the perfect candidate for bringing the slow momentum of this line to a screeching halt. The other characters look amazing, I already have the Strider & Gandalf ex's on order and will be happy to add Legolas to the list. I just hope we start seeing some baddies soon.

Last edited:
I think Arwen looks ok, but I doubt that I'll pre-order it especially if there is a deposit required. I would maybe consider picking it up if it's still available at the time of shipping as long as there are no other conflicting collectibles. Other than that I hope it sells well as this seems to be the perfect candidate for bringing the slow momentum of this line to a screeching halt. The other characters look amazing, I already have the Strider & Gandalf ex's on order and will be happy to add Legolas to the list. I just hope we start seeing some baddies soon.

I don't think you could possibly be more wrong, or at least I hope you are. In spite of the fantastic likenesses of Aragorn, Gandalf, and Legolas alot of people have refused to get involved with this new line so far because a]. they already own numerous versions of these characters from numerous lines or b]. they have questioned the long term viability of this line.

I think SS has now clearly indicated they are in it for the long haul with this new line, with the group photo definitely easing the concerns of most collectors. As for the character, Arwen has never been done by SS and only once by SSW in statue form, which I think will bode well for her eventual ES numbers. As for any concerns over the likeness issue, it's a non-starter. Word has it a certain sculpting genious was brought in to tweak the likeness.....enough said on that I think. :wink1:

I don't think you could possibly be more wrong, or at least I hope you are. In spite of the fantastic likenesses of Aragorn, Gandalf, and Legolas alot of people have refused to get involved with this new line so far because a]. they already own numerous versions of these characters from numerous lines or b]. they have questioned the long term viability of this line.

I think SS has now clearly indicated they are in it for the long haul with this new line, with the group photo definitely easing the concerns of most collectors. As for the character, Arwen has never been done by SS and only once by SSW in statue form, which I think will bode well for her eventual ES numbers. As for any concerns over the likeness issue, it's a non-starter. Word has it a certain sculpting genious was brought in to tweak the likeness.....enough said on that I think. :wink1:

Believe me, I hope I am wrong, and I find the hint at the end of Your post encouraging. If they nail the likeness like they have with the others I will most likely pull the trigger. I really want this line to thrive. I'm gonna trust Your insight on this one. I'm thinking that maybe SS slipped you a Palantir with the Galadriel PF. :lol (Congrats on that by the way) :duff

Last edited:
Believe me, I hope I am wrong, and I find the hint at the end of Your post encouraging. If they nail the likeness like they have with the others I will most likely pull the trigger. I really want this line to thrive. I'm gonna trust Your insight on this one. I'm thinking that maybe SS slipped you a Palantir with the Galadriel PF. :lol (Congrats on that by the way) :duff

I wish! Now that's the gift that keeps on giving.....:lol and thanks. :duff

I have a feeling you guys are going to be extremely pleased with Arwen. The one photo we have of her does not do justice to her whatsoever, and I would think after the "Aragorn incident" [where a single preview photo had some around here declaring the maquette line dead and buried :lol] people would reserve judgement until after they see some better pic's. :lecture

Last edited:
While this could just be a bad shot, the reality is this is a female character, and not a very interesting one at that, doing something not very interesting. But I don't have any of these characters in any form, so I represent the new collector that has considered hitting eBay and buying the SSW Legolas for 50 bucks but am now putting all my money in this new line. FWIW I never een considered the SSW Arwen statue as something I would own. And for me the key feature is the excellent, detailed and consistent basing which makes the line look like a line. I can't stand that the SSW Eowyn and Morgul Lord statues are on those wonky bases.

Anyway, with Arwen I would gladly purchase in the after market in 5 years.

Last edited:
Back