Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would totally disagree that its not even close. You can see Liv in the sculpt at least from my pov you can. :dunno

I agree and it looks very nice overall. I think i'll be ordering her too, much much better than the SSW version.
Her and Strider will look very nice together :lecture

But yes, they are MEANT to be 1/6, but i wouldn't be surprised if they are 1/5 and there's a big SS conspiracy theory! (Again!) ;) :lol

:lol:lol:lol

sheep_conspiracy.jpg

I agree and it looks very nice overall. I think i'll be ordering her too, much much better than the SSW version.
Her and Strider will look very nice together :lecture

Like I said this will be the first Arwen piece I will have added to my collection. Depending on when she goes up for order I may have up to $140 in RP and could really knock the price down.

I do like the look. The look I'd really like is that green dress she wears at the end of ROTK but this looks nice too. Plus the fact I can knock a decent chunk off makes it a piece I will add as well.

i think i prefer the blue outfit she is wearing in fellowship. though the green dress version would go nicely with a coronation aragorn.

i think i prefer the blue outfit she is wearing in fellowship. though the green dress version would go nicely with a coronation aragorn.

It would go quite well with the Elessar statue out there. Thats still one of my favorite pieces.

This one certainly looks off to me too, as if her lips aren't as full as they should be. That little detail seems to be throwing the whole portrait off. Liv Tyler also has huge doe-eyes, but this could be the washed out lighting that is having an impact on our view of the likeness...I hope!

She just needs a little lipstick I think. Too bad I can't take some off the Galadriel PF to give her!

I do think its the lighting on the pic and a little better lip color would really finish this piece off.

I think this is a case of one of SS's traditionally bad previews pic's complete with lousy lighting. I have seen unpainted pic's of the headsculpt and the likeness is definitely better than what we're seeing in this photo. :lecture

Awful face and paint apps. Why would they show this? First bad one of the line.

This one certainly looks off to me too, as if her lips aren't as full as they should be. That little detail seems to be throwing the whole portrait off. Liv Tyler also has huge doe-eyes, but this could be the washed out lighting that is having an impact on our view of the likeness...I hope!

I agree. The lips and eyes are definitely off in this pic. Too small by the tiniest bit. Hopefully it's just the lighting.

Doesn't really matter, though. I've been informed by The Missus that I must purchase this statue for her regardless!

:lol

Must obey the Missus (and in this case, it isn't a bad thing). I hope that the additional photographs show a better look at this, as the sculpt is certainly a good one, and the rest of the statue is a great execution of the character!

I hope Arwen can continue the streak of great maquettes, but Live Tyler has really full lips, and without those, the rest of the likeness suffers somewhat.

ArwenHeadsculpt.jpg

You know, it really amazes me how some of the people around here who should know enough to realize how foolish it is to judge a piece on one photo......continue to do so. I guess some people just aren't bright enough to figure this out.....:dunno

Back