Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Does anyone actually like this design for Jean? As far as I can tell it is literally the worst possible outfit to give her out of everything she has ever worn. The bullet helmet thing is especially awkward. Some things are best left forgotten, and her animated series design is most certainly one of those things. Everything from the wonky shoulders and awkward pseudo armor tights thing is just weird. Nothing works. I'm sure we all let it slide as kids, but looking back it is a pretty laughable design.

I think what it falls down to is this is the 90s costume. The X-Men PFs are the only comic PF line up where they're all in the costumes they wore together, the exception being the Storm PF. I wouldn't doubt if they revisit Storm in the Jim Lee costume at some point.

The Avengers PFs represent all eras, it's almost impossible to have PFs of any one true roster as they appeared in the comics. JLA might be a bit more consistent since the core members have had more consistency in their costumes. But the X-Men PFs are pretty much all 90s era. Jean, Gambit, Colossus, Rogue, Psylocke and Cyclops (we have almost that whole middle portion from X-Men #1 below), I dig that they at least match even though NONE of these are my preferred costume.

2831587-x_men_vol_2_1_full_gatefold_cover.jpg

not feeling this at all
will wait for the full reveal but as of now...an easy pass

They going to reveal a new PF every Thursday for the rest of our lives?

They going to reveal a new PF every Thursday for the rest of our lives?

lol feels like it doesn't it...

Right now I feel like it's a good thing and bad all rolled up into one. At some point all of these PO will destroy our accounts.

Yep mine is next month with Widow and Harley all at once. Plus whatever new preorder pops up ha. If Doom or Emma Frost, then that'll be another $40 NRD. Happy to have them though.

But the Wolverine and Storm PFs are in those classic costumes...you passed? I guess they don't look good, lol. And I doubt SS will do those costumes again in PF.

UncannyX-Men1980-03131-01.jpg

But I agree, I'd LOVE the Claremont/Byrne Roster to be completed in PF. SS needs to give us at least a Nightcrawler NOT on an X base to go with the Wolverine and Storm PFs.

And yes, it seems we also both agree that Gambit is STILL the best X-Men PF. But he and Storm are my favorite 2 X-Men so I'm ok with that. :yess: (I also think Storm's PF is one of the best females SS has done once the EX head is on)

I really like the Storm PF. As for the Wolvie PF, I think the cloth on that statue looks like cheap kids PJs. It completely ruined the PF for me. That's OK though because I have the EX COM in my collection and I love it. As for Storm, if SSC puts out the other 4 X-MEN I want (I have no problem using the Wolvie COM to complete the lineup) in classic Byrne costumes, I'll definitely go back and pick her up. As for SSC not making another Wolvie PF...your kidding, right? Storm maybe, but I highly doubt we have seen the last of Wolvie in his classic togs. He's just too popular. To be honest though, I wouldn't mind a brown PF. I know that Byrne didn't draw him much in that costume, but hell...he created it. That's a good enough reason to add it to my collection. Especially since I have the COM already representing the classic costume.

The biggest issue I have with SSC is incomplete lineups. For example, I collected the astonishing X-MEN COMs but sold most of them off. The COM line is just about dead and we haven't seen any new X-MEN COMs in years. What good are the COMs that are already released when Cyke, Wolvie, and Emma are missing from the astonishing COM line? I have zero faith that lineup will ever be completed. The same thing happened in the AH COM line. We had Rogue, Black & White queen, as well as Mystique released. Where the hell is Storm? How can any female X-MEN lineup be complete without her? I have learned my lesson when it comes to SSC. If they release a complete classic Byrne styled lineup, they'll get my money. If not, I'll save it for other PFs. To be honest, I only need a handful of Marvel hero and villain PFs from SSC. For the heroes I need the classic 6 Byrne X-MEN I already mentioned. For the Avengers lineup I only want Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and a raging modern Hulk. I have the original Spidey and Punisher COMs so I'm good there. For my villains: Red Skull, Apocalypse, Green Goblin, Thanos, Magneto, and Dr. Doom will do me. That's really my complete want list for Marvel PFs. Anything else I pick up would be a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

So you want classic x-men but modern Hulk. You are hard to please sir... lol :lol

So the other head for this hasn't been seen correct? That small pic in the news letter looks like the same ponytail head, not a different one with hair down as some have mentioned

Wow! That head sclupt portrait looks really fugly. Looks bit manish but, I can not wait for the full reveal next week so I can be proven wrong

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Might as well get over it...the 90's X-Men is where it is with Sideshow

That is true at least we are not getting statues based on Rob Leifeld :lol:lol:lol but for those who want Classics, Bowen would your best bet, mind you I know it's not 1/4 scale but it may keep you from Jonesing to much :wink1:

At last a character I can pass on :yess: :lol

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the full reveal & congrats to the ones who have been wanting this

I for one am in the minority who like Leifield, love his version of Cable his wolverine is one of my favorites and Deadpool. I am not fond of his overly distorted physiques but his other work I love.
That is true at least we are not getting statues based on Rob Leifeld :lol:lol:lol but for those who want Classics, Bowen would your best bet, mind you I know it's not 1/4 scale but it may keep you from Jonesing to much :wink1:

You dare mention that hack? :lol

Only with the Greatest of all Disgust that his style was ever considered ever at all, let alone produced.

No, I'm not on any other forums either? :dunno

Someone must have my username & thinks just like me :lol

Someone else with a similar name must have used that very comment my Friend :wink1::wink1::lol:lol:lol:lol

I for one am in the minority who like Leifield, love his version of Cable his wolverine is one of my favorites and Deadpool. I am not fond of his overly distorted physiques but his other work I love.

I think that is what a lot of people have trouble with, Akira

Back