Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

And I can respect that,thanks for being civil Colossus :hi5:

No Problem my Friend, The way it should work is in life as on the forums is everyone is entitled to there likes and dislikes on every topic and someone that precedes to berate someone of them because of that is a Control Freak in my Book ( I am being Nice), so I have the option to disagree and that is where it should end, not page after page, post after post

Be Cool Akira
Al

I can't stop looking at the preview pics of Jean. Cant wait for the full reveal

Wow! That head sclupt portrait looks really fugly. Looks bit manish but, I can not wait for the full reveal next week so I can be proven wrong

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Do people ever complain about male statues looking "womanish"? :lol

yeah, my only main issue so far from what we can see, is the portrait. i hate it. it looks weird. i really REALLY hope the coh looks way better then this one shown. if not, it'll be an unfortunate pass. that being said, i really want this piece, just hoping that the other head sculpt will be miles better then this one displayed.

yeah, my only main issue so far from what we can see, is the portrait. i hate it. it looks weird. i really REALLY hope the coh looks way better then this one shown. if not, it'll be an unfortunate pass. that being said, i really want this piece, just hoping that the other head sculpt will be miles better then this one displayed.

I had the same concerns with the Rogue PF at the time of the Sneak all they showed was the 80's version and was worried then I saw the Modern, Sold, I just hope this is the same with Jean

Hoping on a much nicer looking COH or it might be a pass for me. So SSC is using the same X base but this is now 1/4? I'd be pissed if I wanted 1/5 from the start and the scale changed mid run. Completionists/OCD would be throwing a fit now unless they sold the existing 1/5 chars previously released.

Hoping on a much nicer looking COH or it might be a pass for me. So SSC is using the same X base but this is now 1/4? I'd be pissed if I wanted 1/5 from the start and the scale changed mid run. Completionists/OCD would be throwing a fit now unless they sold the existing 1/5 chars previously released.

They're all 1/4

Really excited to see this reveal, I grew up on the 90's cartoon and the Lee run so if this looks great and is reasonable in price it'll be a definite buy for me. :)

So you want classic x-men but modern Hulk. You are hard to please sir... lol :lol

I don't think so. Where is it stated that you have to like only one version of characters? Variety is the spice of life. Grape ape Hulk never did it for me. Many peeps feel the same way. It doesn't make us picky or hard to please. When they actually get around to making a modern Hulk PF...watch how many of those will sell. As for the classic X-MEN, they made a classic Storm. Why? Everyone is waiting on a Lee Storm to complete the line. It would be beyond hilarious if that's the only Storm PF that SSC makes. Then I can hear all the Lee PF collectors complain about how the classic Storm isn't the same as a Lee Storm and they need the Lee Storm to complete the line. Can I just call those peeps picky and hard to please if that happens?

Might as well get over it...the 90's X-Men is where it is with Sideshow

I like the Lee run on the X-MEN. I have all those issues. However, no other run on the X-MEN can compare to the Claremont/Byrne run. I mean, it's not even close. That run is one of the greatest runs in comic history. The X-MEN as we know them today wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for that run. They certainly wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are today without Claremont and Byrne. I have no doubt we'll see some more classic X-MEN PFs. Why would they give us a classic Storm PF instead of a Lee PF? Do you honestly believe a Phoenix PF won't get made? There is no doubt some of those classic X-MEN PFs will get made. The thing I "can't get over" is that SSC will probably stop with those few pieces and never complete the line. Why? Could you get over the fact that the classic Storm may just be the only Storm PF that SSC makes? It wouldn't bother peeps that are collecting the Lee line that there is no Lee Storm PF? I guess they'll just have to get over it.

That is true at least we are not getting statues based on Rob Leifeld :lol:lol:lol but for those who want Classics, Bowen would your best bet, mind you I know it's not 1/4 scale but it may keep you from Jonesing to much :wink1:

Already have my entire X-MEN lineup from Bowen. BD is really great if you want to complete teams and have classic and modern versions of Marvel characters. I just cherry pick my most favorite characters from SSC and I will only drop $$$ on something I think looks good. I won't settle for a statue just because I like the character. These pieces cost way too many $$$ to settle.

Do people ever complain about male statues looking "womanish"? :lol

Usually it's just the pose or a stance of a male character that can get the label womanish. I don't ever recall anyone tagging a face portrait on a male sculpt with a womanish complaint.

Usually it's just the pose or a stance of a male character that can get the label womanish. I don't ever recall anyone tagging a face portrait on a male sculpt with a womanish complaint.

The Thor PF got some woman complaints facially ha. I dig it. I just complained about the price hike. . . And rightfully so!!!!!

Well just scored a Cyclops EX PF on Ebay so Jean Grey is now a must buy for me :)

Mr. Green have the Cyclops ex and he is sure this Jean Grey ex would look nice together; but he would have to pass. might have to sell Cyclops ex, Gambit ex, and Rogue ex, in the future. should he order this Jean Grey that would all go nicely with Apocalypse ex too? hmmm.

Mr. Green bet she got light up head, lol.

The Thor PF got some woman complaints facially ha. I dig it. I just complained about the price hike. . . And rightfully so!!!!!

Really? I don't remember that. I certainly don't see it. However, the left hand has certainly been tagged as lady like buy some peeps. I personally think the modern Thor PF looks fantastic. However, as you said, the $40 price hike is alarming. The EX is lame as well. I'll more than likely pick up a REG somewhere down the line since there is no way I'd display Thor without Mjolnir.

Mr. Green have the Cyclops ex and he is sure this Jean Grey ex would look nice together; but he would have to pass. might have to sell Cyclops ex, Gambit ex, and Rogue ex, in the future. should he order this Jean Grey that would all go nicely with Apocalypse ex too? hmmm.

Mr. Green bet she got light up head, lol.

If you have decided to sell those other X-MEN PFs, I'd pass on Jean. What's the point of pairing just her with Apocalypse? I'd wait on a Cable PF. I think he'd make a better companion piece to Apocalypse.

Really? I don't remember that. I certainly don't see it. However, the left hand has certainly been tagged as lady like buy some peeps. I personally think the modern Thor PF looks fantastic. However, as you said, the $40 price hike is alarming. The EX is lame as well. I'll more than likely pick up a REG somewhere down the line since there is no way I'd display Thor without Mjolnir.

Oh no wait that was tranny ha. Sorry I'm drunk. Friday night. But yeah you're right I remember the feminine hand talk too

If you have decided to sell those other X-MEN PFs, I'd pass on Jean. What's the point of pairing just her with Apocalypse? I'd wait on a Cable PF. I think he'd make a better companion piece to Apocalypse.

Good point. You need the Xmen team :)

Back