Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Some people don't like dressing their statues up like dolls :p

lol…i bought the nathan drake pf and while i love how it looks it took me an hour to but his clothes on and all that other crap and I was saying wtf am i doing this for its supposed to be 2 arms a head 2 pegs in a base and done lol…i don't mind how it looks, I have my lion-o pf which is a good usage of material imo..i love the sculpt on that and a badass sculpt beats clothes everyday of the week barring a few exceptions..

Looks very cartoonish. I'd wait for a John Byrne era Phoenix.

This pretty much is the Animated Series head though. All of the X-women look too cartoonish while the men for some reason don't. The Storm PF is the best so far, at least her eyes really were huge back then but that PF isn't the Jim Lee version. I think Rogue's face is the worst.

my,little,pony,rogue,x,men-8972e3fa9137a4c9a5f0924f720656ea_m.jpg

THIS! As a matter of fact, none of the Jim Lee X-MEN PFs do anything for me (except Gambit but I'm not a big fan of the character). I'm hoping we get a Byrne PF line. A classic Cyke, Wolvie, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, and Phoenix would have me dropping mad $$$. I would need all 6 of those characters in Byrne's artistic style and I'd call it a day.

Picking this up was never really an option for me. I passed on all of the other X-MEN PFs because I didn't care for them. The only mutant PF I own is Mystique. I'm resigned to never really owning any other X-MEN PFs if SSC doesn't get around to releasing the Byrne era X-MEN. If they do release them, I'm down for the 6 characters I mentioned. No way I pass on them so long as they look good.

But the Wolverine and Storm PFs are in those classic costumes...you passed? I guess they don't look good, lol. And I doubt SS will do those costumes again in PF.

UncannyX-Men1980-03131-01.jpg

But I agree, I'd LOVE the Claremont/Byrne Roster to be completed in PF. SS needs to give us at least a Nightcrawler NOT on an X base to go with the Wolverine and Storm PFs.

And yes, it seems we also both agree that Gambit is STILL the best X-Men PF. But he and Storm are my favorite 2 X-Men so I'm ok with that. :yess: (I also think Storm's PF is one of the best females SS has done once the EX head is on)

Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

So far slightly disappointed by this but will reserve judgement until the full reveal. Phoenix is required ASAP!

I think I have owned (and mostly sold off now) the majority of the xmen PFs now except Colossus. A very mixed bag indeed. The comis have been more consistent (mystique/psylocke are lovely)

Gambit ex (which is currently the only one I wouldn't sell) is as most people know a clear grail. I have rogue to go with him but in desperation (re paint mostly) I have her currently being repainted and re sculpted by Dark Spidey. Finally have a storm ex which is a really nice piece and easily one of the best, if not the best x females out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

So far slightly disappointed by this but will reserve judgement until the full reveal. Phoenix is required ASAP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whoever did apocalypse ( I believe Canale) should do phoenix..all his work seems on point and it shows in the sculpts…a good villain like phoenix/dark phoenix needs a presence and I think he could provide it..unlike what we see here imo

Jean is a lovely character,I think the most important woman in the history of Marvel Cómics ....

that is why we put the bar so high,I expected a super piece,something like wonderwoman pf,a piece that you can't stop looking at her.

I feel the exact opposite. I'd take fully sculpted PFs every day of the week. However, SSC has really stepped up their game with their choice of fabrics lately. Batman and Supes costumes look great. That said, I still prefer fully sculpted pieces.

+1, save the mix media for pouch or jackets, which are easilly fix if needs be. Leave the body fully sculpted

For me, getting her is kind of pointless unless you already have Cyclops in the matching uniform. I have a bid on one on Ebay but if I don't get him then I'll probably pass on Jean Grey... I was hoping the Jean Grey they were going to release would be a bit more modern to match up with the Storm PF I have.

I would of loved it if they went with the Jean Grey on the far right...

x_men_evolution_jean_grey_by_paulrenaud-d3a7ict.jpg

Last edited:

Picking this up was never really an option for me. I passed on all of the other X-MEN PFs because I didn't care for them. The only mutant PF I own is Mystique. I'm resigned to never really owning any other X-MEN PFs if SSC doesn't get around to releasing the Byrne era X-MEN. If they do release them, I'm down for the 6 characters I mentioned. No way I pass on them so long as they look good.

I am actually quite happy with wolvie, storm and colossus. I liked cyclops as well, although I want an 80s version. Nightcrawler was my biggest disappointment.

Alex confirmed it on SF

Thanks. I just hopped on that forum and seen it. I dont mind the X base, I just didnt get any of the others.. I'd like to know if the new brown suit wolverine is going to be on the X base as well.

Does anyone actually like this design for Jean? As far as I can tell it is literally the worst possible outfit to give her out of everything she has ever worn. The bullet helmet thing is especially awkward. Some things are best left forgotten, and her animated series design is most certainly one of those things. Everything from the wonky shoulders and awkward pseudo armor tights thing is just weird. Nothing works. I'm sure we all let it slide as kids, but looking back it is a pretty laughable design.

I liked the design. It defines a period in x men history. The happy 90s. Everything goes downhill for them the next decade. Including the art and storys. Only in the last few years have they produced good material and gotten back to good writing art

This pretty much is the Animated Series head though. All of the X-women look too cartoonish while the men for some reason don't. The Storm PF is the best so far, at least her eyes really were huge back then but that PF isn't the Jim Lee version. I think Rogue's face is the worst.

my,little,pony,rogue,x,men-8972e3fa9137a4c9a5f0924f720656ea_m.jpg

:horror Sacrilege, Blasphemy! :panic: :lol:lol:lol

Back