Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

I've got the team apart from gambit and psylocke hoping to change that soon :)

This is a must buy for me can't wait to have the full set

But need a magneto very badly

I feel the same way as you ..... My favorite character is gambit by far. However I cannot rationally spend $1000 on one statue, I know he is a grail but sooner or later SS will make another. Or for $1000 I will have private commission done. Jean will be a day one pre-order for me.... even with SS prices being jacked up I don't see her being over 350.

I feel the same way as you ..... My favorite character is gambit by far. However I cannot rationally spend $1000 on one statue, I know he is a grail but sooner or later SS will make another. Or for $1000 I will have private commission done. Jean will be a day one pre-order for me.... even with SS prices being jacked up I don't see her being over 350.

Yeah the price on gambit is very high think I'm just going to bite the bullet on this one :-/ time to start saving

I think about $300 is fair going to order the ex as soon as it goes live first day one in a long time :)

Sorry I meant the head was off and the angle of the picture they took for the newsletter looks terrible.

I'm just not sold on that portrait and with sideshow current trend.
I'm calling a lack luster ex BUT, I hope I am wrong

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

I hope it looks better in pics. I'm not going to beat it down verbally. Just upset that after all this time it might not look so great. Really disappointed, I know a lot of you are equally or even more disappointed. Just sucks

Sent from the Bat Computer

It's hard to know without seeing the entire statue, from what I saw from the preview it looks pretty good, it could of been a bit better with a little more details in the sculpting of her outfit to make it look a bit more real but overall I'm liking what I've seen so far.

Already have my entire X-MEN lineup from Bowen. BD is really great if you want to complete teams and have classic and modern versions of Marvel characters. I just cherry pick my most favorite characters from SSC and I will only drop $$$ on something I think looks good. I won't settle for a statue just because I like the character. These pieces cost way too many $$$ to settle.

I know where you are coming from my Friend, I have more of the Bowen X-Men Pieces in my Collection than of SSC but the gap is starting ti narrow :lol:lol:lol, I have passed on some SSC just because of one thing or another, Mainly because I want X-Men Bases and I know that's not every-ones thing but that's what makes collections so diverse unless it is Very Cool looking sculpt like Cyclops on his Rock, 2nd the head sculpt and 3rd the pose has a lot to with it, those are just some things I look at but I might be put to the test with Jean if it don't turn out right.

BTW Sideshow needs to make
Wolverine
Cyclops
Storm
all on X-Men Bases
and maybe Emma Frost but a Clear X-Men Base would Look Cool
Emma is in the bottom right hand corner

Be Cool
Al

Mr. Green have the Cyclops ex and he is sure this Jean Grey ex would look nice together; but he would have to pass. might have to sell Cyclops ex, Gambit ex, and Rogue ex, in the future. should he order this Jean Grey that would all go nicely with Apocalypse ex too? hmmm.

Mr. Green bet she got light up head, lol.

Talk to these to guys if you ever want to sell your Gambit, Mr. Green
This Heads up brought to you by Colossus :lol:lol:lol

Why did they go with that pupil-less, ugly ass pony tail from the animated series? That was a horrible portrayal of Jean and it's just an ugly look. And to top it off, her face isn't even pretty.

Waited more than a year for this and it's just fug. I LOVE Jean. How disappointing. :(

Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Why did they go with that pupil-less, ugly ass pony tail from the animated series? That was a horrible portrayal of Jean and it's just an ugly look. And to top it off, her face isn't even pretty.

Waited more than a year for this and it's just fug. I LOVE Jean. How disappointing. :(

I don't like the head they've shown either, but there could be a second. Let's see on Wednesday.

I have the 4 other X-base (and in good condition despise the faulty females) in some boxes somewhere. It spooked through my head to sell them, but together they are way to cool. Gambit is by far the most impressive one, bought him secondhand from this board for a nice price a long time ago. I'm pretty excited to see the full reveal of this one and really surprised the x-bases are continued.

Back