Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Such strong opinions so early. Don't worry, I'm sure if they drop it likes it hot and give her an ... like catwoman opinion will be swayed. But, if they keep her modest, consider it a flop.

Usually, I say if SSC has a chance to charge more, they will. I don't see it with Jean Grey...pretty sure she's gonna be $400. There's just no way she's gonna have more mass than say, Catwoman, who is arguably more popular overall. I can't see this going over $400.

Such strong opinions so early. Don't worry, I'm sure if they drop it likes it hot and give her an ... like catwoman opinion will be swayed. But, if they keep her modest, consider it a flop.

idk man im not judging purchasing a statue based on how fat the ass appears or doesn't appear…speaking for myself personally of course but if that face winds up looking that way who cares lol

JeanGrey.jpg

preview_JeanGreyPF-1.jpg

Here's the switch out heads side by side

I love Jean Grey!

But not feeling the white eyes. Jean never had white eyes outside of being the Phoenix. Also I hate how SS doesn't make red heads have red hair. Like Black Widow's hair it looks too brown. It might be more realistic but these ladies need the bright red hair that they're almost always shown with.

The head being shown is much more like the Animated Series head with the pony tail. The pony tail was never in the comics.

tumblr_ls2796GCnc1qd2fzuo1_500.png

I think this Jean, having been designed 4 years ago, was designed to go along with the Jim Lee nspired Rogue and Psylocke PFs which had skin tight outfits which matched the 90s skins tight spandex. The Storm really is based on a design from a different era.

Very true. As much as I like my Classic and White Storm, we now NEED the actual 90s Storm that goes with Rogue, Psylock and Jean. All 4 ladies in that early 90s time had Jim Lee costumes.

Looks very cartoonish. I'd wait for a John Byrne era Phoenix.

THIS! As a matter of fact, none of the Jim Lee X-MEN PFs do anything for me (except Gambit but I'm not a big fan of the character). I'm hoping we get a Byrne PF line. A classic Cyke, Wolvie, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, and Phoenix would have me dropping mad $$$. I would need all 6 of those characters in Byrne's artistic style and I'd call it a day.

Looks very cartoonish. I'd wait for a John Byrne era Phoenix.

THIS! As a matter of fact, none of the Jim Lee X-MEN PFs do anything for me (except Gambit but I'm not a big fan of the character). I'm hoping we get a Byrne PF line. A classic Cyke, Wolvie, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, and Phoenix would have me dropping mad $$$. I would need all 6 of those characters in Byrne's artistic style and I'd call it a day.

I am with you guys. I may get this if the full reveal blows me away, but I am not holding my breath.

So where is the mixed media on this statue? I see a seem on her right hand so maybe her gloves? Pretty lame if it's all poly. Maybe it'll just be her belt or something

I am new to this collecting game. But when they put this next to say, wonderwoman, they can't tell me it is worth more. If anything logic would say people who collect xmen statues have a lot more statues to buy than most, so they should be cut some slack...

"You, yeah you. Stop that sense making right now!"

This is my least favorite Jean Grey outfit--I'd like to see a Phoenix PF instead. I'm happy for those who have been waiting for this for so long and plan on getting it, but I'm going to have to pass. It'll be interesting to see the full reveal and extra HS though.

No way Phoenix was coming first. This is gona be my first pf in awhile since I only collect xmen

I am with you guys. I may get this if the full reveal blows me away, but I am not holding my breath.

Picking this up was never really an option for me. I passed on all of the other X-MEN PFs because I didn't care for them. The only mutant PF I own is Mystique. I'm resigned to never really owning any other X-MEN PFs if SSC doesn't get around to releasing the Byrne era X-MEN. If they do release them, I'm down for the 6 characters I mentioned. No way I pass on them so long as they look good.

Yea I know but most of me all still do. No mixed media sucks

I feel the exact opposite. I'd take fully sculpted PFs every day of the week. However, SSC has really stepped up their game with their choice of fabrics lately. Batman and Supes costumes look great. That said, I still prefer fully sculpted pieces.

Picking this up was never really an option for me. I passed on all of the other X-MEN PFs because I didn't care for them. The only mutant PF I own is Mystique. I'm resigned to never really owning any other X-MEN PFs if SSC doesn't get around to releasing the Byrne era X-MEN. If they do release them, I'm down for the 6 characters I mentioned. No way I pass on them so long as they look good.
Yeah this is mainly gonna be for the ppl who want to complete their xmen collection. I was too late for Spider-Man venom and carnage. So I never got hobs and rhino. She's not a character you would have by herself. But on the shelf with cyclops and Emma.. Oh yeah.

I feel the exact opposite. I'd take fully sculpted PFs every day of the week. However, SSC has really stepped up their game with their choice of fabrics lately. Batman and Supes costumes look great. That said, I still prefer fully sculpted pieces.
Yeah I know some ppl aren't into the mixed media. I love it tho. The reason I started collecting them was cause I thought how cool it was that my wolverine had a leather like jacket and denim like jeans. And when ppl see my collection they're like oh cool their clothes are real. Lol it's charming I think it brings them to life.

Back