Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

SSC will have this PF up for Preview soon. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experience/2013/01/07/inside-the-art-of-jean-grey/

JeanGreyFINALART.jpg

if the statue hair looks like that, it will be difficult to pull off to make it look good. Given the high demand for this statue, hopefully sideshow will finally have a problem-free marvel girl pf for once.

ex ordered by default

I havent been very active on this site, as of late, because Sideshow hasnt really released much for me to get excited about; but I'm super glad I logged in today, and saw the concept art for Jean!!! I've been waiting a very long time to add her to my collection. So far, from what I see... I'm very hopeful that 2013 will be a good year for my shelves ;)

if the statue hair looks like that, it will be difficult to pull off to make it look good. Given the high demand for this statue, hopefully sideshow will finally have a problem-free marvel girl pf for once.

ex ordered by default

I'm excited because I love Jean Grey but I agree that hair is weird.

I figured this would be on an X base... if so it gives me a Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch vibe...uninspired pose forced by the flat, small base and hair with a life of its own.

But this artwork is at an angle. I rewatched a Production Peek video to see if the sketch was drawn at an angle. At :06 right before the intro fades you can't see the base but her right leg looks like it's raised, which wouldn't be possible with the flat X base. Maybe the base will be an environment, or match Cyclops'?

I'm excited because I love Jean Grey but I agree that hair is weird.

I figured this would be on an X base... if so it gives me a Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch vibe...uninspired pose forced by the flat, small base and hair with a life of its own.

But this artwork is at an angle. I rewatched a Production Peek video to see if the sketch was drawn at an angle. At :06 right before the intro fades you can't see the base but her right leg looks like it's raised, which wouldn't be possible with the flat X base. Maybe the base will be an environment, or match Cyclops'?

Would you be willing to post a link to that video? I remember seeing it, but don't remember which specific video her artwork was in.

ex ordered by default

It looks similar to the Spider-Woman PF Exclusive hair, and to me the Veranke head (hair included) looks great. Guess we will see once she actually is in hand.... errr.... sounded a lot dirtier than I intended LOL

I don't care what base she's on as long as she looks great. I'll have to put her next to Deadpool. Odd combination.

Looks like we are getting a switch out head with this. Can't wait! Hope we see a Phoenix next.

At fIrat I thought it was just a different stage in the artwork, but you are right Dude. Those are both different portraits.

If you say so. I see two very rough wip, followed by two more refined wip images. Are there more that I'm missing?

:dunno
Where exactly are you seeing two heads, VS?
All I see is a finished image followed by four work in progress images. All the same thing.

Granted, I don't doubt that there will be a COH as I think all of the X-Men statues have had them so far.

If you look at the first 2 pics she has no pupils. Almost like a glowing effect (similar to Storm). The last 2 pics you can see she has pupils.

With pupils
22021326-8704-4BF4-9F92-922D8574E1C1-758-00000076F4A1D523.jpg

Without pupils....

I wouldn't be surprise if this has light up feature...

1804F664-0EC4-44F9-B38C-923238FFADD7-758-00000076E984382C.jpg

Sorry, but your logic doesn't add up. Just because her eyes aren't detailed in the rough doesn't make it two different head sculpts. The rest looks the same. Why would they make two head sculpts and just make one with white eyes? Anyway, when are Jean's eyes ever white in the comics?
Besides, this is most likely the art for the print that will be coming with the Ex. They don't do art for both heads for that.

Sorry, but your logic doesn't add up. Just because her eyes aren't detailed in the rough doesn't make it two different head sculpts. The rest looks the same. Besides, this is the art for the print that will be coming with the Ex. They don't do art for both heads for that.

Wanna bet she has COH. :stickI don't know what you are looking at but you can clearliy see those are completely difference styles of eyes. l:lecture

I already said that I bet she will have a COH, because all of the X-Men PF's have had them so far. I just think you are incorrect that they are showing that fact with the WIP pics of the art. Time will tell.

Again, why would they make two heads with just different eyes? Even Storm's heads are clearly different.

Sorry, but your logic doesn't add up. Just because her eyes aren't detailed in the rough doesn't make it two different head sculpts. The rest looks the same. Why would they make two head sculpts and just make one with white eyes? Anyway, when are Jean's eyes ever white in the comics?
Besides, this is most likely the art for the print that will be coming with the Ex. They don't do art for both heads for that.

The hair is different in both portraits as well. Look to the left side there is a slightly different curl to it. As for when Jeans eyes have EVER been white ... Well ALL I have to say is DUHHHHHHH!!!!

JeanGrey_Land001_DarkPhoenix.png

Last edited:

The hair is different in both portraits as well. Look to the left side there is a slightly different curl to it.

:slap
Okay, once more, and I'm out of here. Those are rough work in progress pics.
Really? White eyes, and a slightly different curl of hair cuts it for a change of head?

That's it, I'm not coming back into this thread for awhile.

Back