Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope she is not mis-shapen as Spider-Woman.

Regardless of all her issues. The biggest one is how overpriced she is. She's a 18 inch small petite female statue. $359? Colossus was $400. So relatively she's the most expensive xmen yet. I know times are changing. But this "generic" price for premium formats is Bull, and she's the best example of why.

Don't seem to have any fabric material on her... The only thing that seem good is the simple X base to match Gambit and other X base... After seeing the new Mary Jane, this Jean is just :cuckoo:

Honestly don't know what to say without starting a war...

I really like this piece a lot, I'm a huge fan of all the X-men, and I think its a very good rendition of Jean. The only thing I really would of preferred is pupils, but I might look into having it customized. I honestly think it looks amazing besides no pupils.

Reading hate posts on this forum always makes me want to cancel my orders. When it ends up in hand, its not the same. Remember Storm, everyone said it looked like a guy. I have the white ex version of storm, nothing manly about her. She looks like a goddess.

Proud day 1 exclusive preorder of Jean.

Last edited:

I really like this piece a lot, I'm a huge fan of all the X-men, and I think its a very good rendition of Jean. The only thing I really would of preferred is pupils, but I might look into having it customized. I honestly think it looks amazing besides no pupils.

Reading hate posts on this forum always makes me want to cancel my orders. When it ends up in hand, its not the same. Remember Storm, everyone said it looked like a guy. I have the white ex version of storm, nothing manly about her. She looks like a goddess.

I hear you with saying things look better in hand. Storm is amazing and along with psylocke and dead pool they were on a role with the xmen. I don't have deal breaker issues with it. Just no pupils and no mixed media really brings it down. At least put pupils on the reg head. And she's way over priced. And no one tell me again that pf's don't need to have mixed media. That's what made pf's awesome. And sideshow sucks by getting rid of it. So shut it lol.

I hear you with saying things look better in hand. Storm is amazing and along with psylocke and dead pool they were on a role with the xmen. I don't have deal breaker issues with it. Just no pupils and no mixed media really brings it down. At least put pupils on the reg head. And she's way over priced. And no one tell me again that pf's don't need to have mixed media. That's what made pf's awesome. And sideshow sucks by getting rid of it. So shut it lol.

How did they get rid of mixed media? I would guess 85% of their stuff is still mixed media. Myself, I'm in the other boat, how can you truly call it a statue when you put doll clothes on it? Your taking away the artistic skill of the sculptor by covering it up in fabric. :)

As for Jean, SS already admitted they sculpted her 4 years ago and it's been on hold since then for whatever reasons, they saw a demand for Jean Grey and decided to use what they already had. Problem is, in 4 years the collectors expectations have grown a lot, if this was released 4 years ago I have no doubt everyone would be like "oh wow she's awesome". But as prices have gone up and technology has improved the looks of the statues we expect more for our money then we did 4 years ago.

Even though I don't think this is a perfect statue I still want her to fill a spot in my x-men collection, I figure I can sell her down the road if a newer version of her comes out.

I really hope they make a Phoenix/Dark Phoenix PF... I'm skipping this one and Jean/Phoenix is one of my favorite characters.

Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Passing on this and waiting for Phoenix and rather like Harley also have little interest in the exclusive. So will look for a cheap reg after release if the QC turns out good. Pretty sure it will drop below RRP here in the UK rather like Storm (and shes better). The only thing that will be in this ones favour will be a low ES in all likelihood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Instead of a "new" statue the phoenix whenever it come out will prob just be a repaint of this. With the reg head. Pretty lame but itll happen mark my words. Go ahead! Mark them!

Oh and rule 1 of this hobby is to always get what you like and irony is those r always worth the most

Oh and rule 1 of this hobby is to always get what you like and irony is those r always worth the most

:exactly: Don't base your choices on other people's opinions. At the end of the day it's you who is going to be looking at it & not them. I remember the hate the Green Lantern was getting & it turned out superb

The Modern Thor has got it's haters but I love it so I ordered it

I'm hoping Mark Brooks and Sideshow figure out how to get that Jean Phoenix statue going again.

Phoenix_Concept_Mark_Brooks.jpg

Going by the Jean Jim Lee costume preview artwork I thought I was going to get this version. But too many things I don't like about her.

Instead of a "new" statue the phoenix whenever it come out will prob just be a repaint of this. With the reg head. Pretty lame but itll happen mark my words. Go ahead! Mark them!

Phoenix has been in the design phase this time last year. It's pretty safe to say it will be a completely different piece.

Nightcrawler, Hellfire Emma Frost, Magneto, Phoenix are all in the pipeline and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of those are showcased at comic con

Kitty Pryde has also been hinted

Must wait patiently for another Jean Grey now since will be passing on this one :)

That mark brooks Phoenix wouldn't work. His line, while amazing, was only 1/5 and haters come out the word work "quarter scale or fail"

:exactly: Don't base your choices on other people's opinions. At the end of the day it's you who is going to be looking at it & not them. I remember the hate the Green Lantern was getting & it turned out superb

The Modern Thor has got it's haters but I love it so I ordered it

It looks like you just order everything :lol:lol

Back