Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta say I'm so disappointed the reg sculpt doesn't have pupils. I'm ordering but they really messed up on that one

Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Sadly I'm passing. I so wanted to love this. Colossus knows man. He knows how much I waited for this. Congrats to those who get her. Maybe if SS alters it I'll get on later but for now I'm out. I can order something else now too. I'll wait for Phoenix

Sent from the Bat Computer

Yea, after a couple more days to contemplate, I think I'm passing on this. I think I'm saving my money for grey hulk.

I might consider getting the Green Hulk now. I have about 360 I saved that can go towards that as well as a $45 credit I can put towards him that'll make his price come down ( in my mind)

Sent from the Bat Computer

Really do not like this statue at all, it looks simple, cheap and like a bowen piece... lacking detail.

Also the face sculpt makes her look like a transexual.

In my opinion, they did not capture their own artwork(below) at all in the statue.

Very easy pass.

300173-jean-grey-009.jpg

Really do not like this statue at all, it looks simple, cheap and like a bowen piece... lacking detail.

In my opinion, they did not capture their own artwork(below) at all in the statue.

Very easy pass.

300173-jean-grey-009.jpg

Looks like the actress who played her

Jean-Grey-x-men-21349888-1024-768.jpg

Very easy pass.

300173-jean-grey-009.jpg

Pupils would change the whole portrait. I'm invested in the xmen so I need her more then want. But damn they f'd her up. Hopefully someone on here can petition a page to change her face. They did it with psylocke

It does look like a Bowen statue to me also. I'm not feeling the EX portrait at all. Congrats to those that like it.
The only X-Man I want is Brown Wolverine!

Pupils would change the whole portrait. I'm invested in the xmen so I need her more then want. But damn they f'd her up. Hopefully someone on here can petition a page to change her face. They did it with psylocke

defiantly pupils, darker red hair would help too, the statues hair looks a bit orange.

Very easy pass.

300173-jean-grey-009.jpg

Agree 100%. passing on this too.

Played around with paint shop.

---

The PF is not bad just needs adjustments. The ones I'd make are as follows, the pose should've been inversed and flipped.

The EX head should've had green eyes and a phoenix reflection or effect in the eyes.. even a subtle bit of pink or red within the iris.

Maybe longer profile, narrower nose.

I thought a psionic butterfly effect similar to that of a halo would've made for an interesting effect with Jean.. although I don't remember Jean creating psionic butterflies, that was Psylocke but both rely on psionic attacks.

d37df7ad901efd5d6ce3609d45b00983.png

---

Phoenix eye reflection, elongated portrait. Maybe nose could've been more refined and narrower like concept art.

---

Inversed pose with eyes.

VS.
300173-product-silo.png

I think this could've easily been salvaged.. it seems rushed. or almost likely exhausted and forgotten.

Last edited:
Looks like a plastic mcdonalds toy.
The flowing hair is the only thing this statue got going for it and barely at that.

-The pose is weird.
-the suit looks cheap
-the body's curves looks bad

One of many statues sideshow would have to PAY ME to own it. The lower price tag than other 1/4 statues should be viewed as a warning. It's sideshows way of saying:
- We'll, let's just get this x-man business over with so we gonna rush this statue and but a lower price tag of let's say 40 bucks from the currently normal 400 for a below average 1/4 statue that should cost 199,99

Everyone other than fanboys should beware. Personally, I would feel like **** if I tried to collect all the x-men line. Considering how problematic they have been.

Back