Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

I think sideshow is hands down the best especially in the 1/4 scale game. And that's quality of statue period, not just marvel. But that's my opinion.

I also think this jean grey looks pretty cool and would look awesome with gambit.

It's probably bc SS has the 1:4 scale license where others don't :dunno... We don't get that many options out there other than SS

I think sideshow is hands down the best especially in the 1/4 scale game. And that's quality of statue period, not just marvel. But that's my opinion.

I also think this jean grey looks pretty cool and would look awesome with gambit.

For several years SS has pretty much been the only 1:4 scale game in town with their exclusive licenses. But it looks like Marvel and hopefully DC won't be giving exclusive licenses out down the road.

I have 3 of GG 1:4 scale statues on order, but judging only by the pictures they look far superior to anything SS has done in the $400 price range, the amount of details on these statues are awesome. But as I've said they're only pictures, I'll make final judgment once I get them in hand. I think in the next few years SS might finally be getting some serious competition in the 1:4 scale market.

For several years SS has pretty much been the only 1:4 scale game in town with their exclusive licenses. But it looks like Marvel and hopefully DC won't be giving exclusive licenses out down the road.

I have 3 of GG 1:4 scale statues on order, but judging only by the pictures they look far superior to anything SS has done in the $400 price range, the amount of details on these statues are awesome. But as I've said they're only pictures, I'll make final judgment once I get them in hand. I think in the next few years SS might finally be getting some serious competition in the 1:4 scale market.

What companies are making 1/4 scale that you are purchasing?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I can only base it off pictures, I think the black widow looks good, but I do not like their captain america. I would take my Allied Charge Cap pf over their tWS Cap.

But like you said we should wait until in hand.

What companies are making 1/4 scale that you are purchasing?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Right now only Gentle Giant, and unfortunately they only have a deal to do Marvel Movie 1:4 scale, I'm hoping that will change down the road so they can do comic also. Other companies like XM Studios are making 1:4 Marvel comics but can't sell to most places due to licensing restrictions... But I'm hoping with GG getting a Marvel Movie license which I assumed used to be exclusive to SS they might also get the comic one too.. Only time will tell..

I can only base it off pictures, I think the black widow looks good, but I do not like their captain america. I would take my Allied Charge Cap pf over their tWS Cap.

But like you said we should wait until in hand.

I'm mostly talking about the quality of the statue not poses, likeness or bases (Since those are arguable to which is better), if you look at GG WS Captain America sculpted fabric outfit is incredibly detailed out so is Artemisia from 300 that GG is doing.

Last edited:

Right now only Gentle Giant, and unfortunately they only have a deal to do Marvel Movie 1:4 scale, I'm hoping that will change down the road so they can do comic also. Other companies like XM Studios are making 1:4 Marvel comics but can't sell to most places due to licensing restrictions... But I'm hoping with GG getting a Marvel Movie license which I assumed used to be exclusive to SS they might also get the comic one too.. Only time will tell..

I'm mostly talking about the quality of the statue not poses, likeness or bases (Since those are arguable which is better), if you look at GG WS Captain America sculpted fabric outfit is incredibly detailed out so is Artemisia from 300 that GG is doing.

I think GG have a marvel 1/4 license now.

I'm mostly talking about the quality of the statue not poses, likeness or bases (Since those are arguable to which is better), if you look at GG WS Captain America sculpted fabric outfit is incredibly detailed out so is Artemisia from 300 that GG is doing.

Not to mention the XM Studios Marvel 1/4 scale Statues are priced super high and that's without importing them. GG's sculpts are nice but I don't find them to be better or worse than Sideshow. If they really want to hit SS where it hurts if they obtain a Comic License it's with pricing, but judging from their Honeytrap line I doubt it.

Not to mention the XM Studios Marvel 1/4 scale Statues are priced super high and that's without importing them. GG's sculpts are nice but I don't find them to be better or worse than Sideshow. If they really want to hit SS where it hurts if they obtain a Comic License it's with pricing, but judging from their Honeytrap line I doubt it.

The last 2 releases Gentle Giant put up, Sideshow came right back with thier own

the paint app on GG stuff seems way ahead of SSC. My LCS had all the Sucker Punch statues from GG except for Baby Doll and I was blown away how good the paint apps were.

Of course this is still based on pictures, but the only piece I've seen that SS has done that comes close to the detail of GG new 1:4 scale statues is the predator that SS did and if I'm not mistaken they wanted around $900 for it.

Last edited:

Movie characters are always going to look "more detailed" than a statue based on a comic book version. That's just how it is.

Has someone made a size chart photo yet of all the X base X-Men lined up? I'd love to see one if someone has the time.

Back