Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Phoenix has been in the design phase this time last year. It's pretty safe to say it will be a completely different piece.

Nightcrawler, Hellfire Emma Frost, Magneto, Phoenix are all in the pipeline and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of those are showcased at comic con

Kitty Pryde has also been hinted

Not taking anything away from what you said. Thats all possible. But the other side of my brain just says yeah yeah yada yada heard all that before.

So it's safe to say this Phoenix is guarantee to have 4 to 5 repaints? This way people will know what versions to buy the color they want.

People will want this later, guaranteed. 9 times out of 10 it seems things look better in person.

Yeah I think so. I would actually like to order this but I've got to much already to pay for. Especially knowing Grey Hulk & Doom are going to be getting add to my list

Rainbow Jean Grey... will go along well display with the 3 Hulk

Honestly don't know what to say without starting a war...

I really like this piece a lot, I'm a huge fan of all the X-men, and I think its a very good rendition of Jean. The only thing I really would of preferred is pupils, but I might look into having it customized. I honestly think it looks amazing besides no pupils.

Reading hate posts on this forum always makes me want to cancel my orders. When it ends up in hand, its not the same. Remember Storm, everyone said it looked like a guy. I have the white ex version of storm, nothing manly about her. She looks like a goddess.

Proud day 1 exclusive preorder of Jean.

Hi, I never even noticed the eyes as that is what her power does when she uses it so I was cool with that. Bottom line is that this statue does not even look like it is worth 50% of Storm, People may have had words about storms face but her body and costume and the Iconic pose made her rock solid from the start, I wish I had the white Storm and lost an auction on ebay about 2 months ago and wish I had bid higher.

Sorry, getting off track, Storm is great and Jean Grey looks like a $15 action figure, really! Grab something to drink or eat, relax and look at it, Thick clumsy belt, oversized buckle with all the bulk of an action figure sculpt, Bland simple design with no Iconic pose or costume. I am a huge X-men fan and remember all the $1 comics with here wearing this outfit and nobody thought much of it then.

This piece for sure is cheaper to produce than the $170 Kotobukiya Hulk and Juggernaut and probably smaller overall and easier to produce. So even if it looked good to me $199 would be the top dollar for not really a Premium format figure. Yeah the box says PF but the figure says something else, Please Sideshow, Dont destroy the PF line with figures like this.

No war wanted, Just want a really nice $370 Jean Grey Premium format. When one is made I will be first in line to order it.

Hi, I never even noticed the eyes as that is what her power does when she uses it so I was cool with that. Bottom line is that this statue does not even look like it is worth 50% of Storm, People may have had words about storms face but her body and costume and the Iconic pose made her rock solid from the start, I wish I had the white Storm and lost an auction on ebay about 2 months ago and wish I had bid higher.

Sorry, getting off track, Storm is great and Jean Grey looks like a $15 action figure, really! Grab something to drink or eat, relax and look at it, Thick clumsy belt, oversized buckle with all the bulk of an action figure sculpt, Bland simple design with no Iconic pose or costume. I am a huge X-men fan and remember all the $1 comics with here wearing this outfit and nobody thought much of it then.

This piece for sure is cheaper to produce than the $170 Kotobukiya Hulk and Juggernaut and probably smaller overall and easier to produce. So even if it looked good to me $199 would be the top dollar for not really a Premium format figure. Yeah the box says PF but the figure says something else, Please Sideshow, Dont destroy the PF line with figures like this.

No war wanted, Just want a really nice $370 Jean Grey Premium format. When one is made I will be first in line to order it.

I actually like this jean, though I would probably buy a phoenix too. I just replied mostly to wish you luck on getting a white storm. I find the paint job on mine to be the best of all of my sideshow xmen. I am no scalper and would not pay a scalper the asking price for one though. Too expensive for me. Only reason I got one is cause I got up early that morning cause I was off of work that day, and signed up for all the comic Con giveaways, and saw a new storm was for sale. Best of luck bud on eBay. Storm, especially white storm is a beautiful piece.

So if everyone hates this. Will it end up with a low edition size? and then eventually everyone wanting it? Could you guys see that happening?

This! :exactly: Give us a Byrne era X-MEN line up and I promise I'll open my wallet big time for that.

Colossus and Storm fit right in Byrne era. Upcomming Brown Wolverine will too.

Byrne-X-men-Montage-Small.jpg

Have to say I by far prefer The Jim Lee era and even the modern (pre Marvel Now) era.

The costumes are very similar, but Colossus PF is in the Jim Lee version costume, not the classic Dave Cockrum version. Wrist bands vs Gauntlets, circle buckle vs square X buckle, Yellow tip boots vs all red boots are the differences.

Yup, I'm a geek.

Back