Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

No red in the gold parts of mine at all... just the grayish weathering scratches. I gave it a real thorough inspection when it came in.

View attachment 311813

View attachment 311815

Thanks for the response ... that side on my figure looks the same. And so do the shoulders. I did mean the other side of the abdomen though.

b5cdbd63c3c1f005885d018e95819bdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you mean now, I was looking for spots of red paint, not the faded effect... It seems they all have that... it's similar above the knee as well

My figure also had a very stiff knee joint on the double hinge. I didn't want to break it but it worked fine, just had to put a little force to get the initial bend.

I'll take that rather than a loose hinge.

This 1/4 45 makes the 1/6 look like it has twigs for legs. I can't believe how good the proportions are fire the quarter scale.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Got my Soap Reactor today. Still need to light the Detolf he's in and adjust the shelf up a bit, but he looks cool in the low light at the moment anyway, heh. I didn't do the hands since I was planning to pose him in a way that didn't need them lit, so I have two slots available for my 1/6th War Machine MK 1 diecast. I'll do his head and chest with those.

Used museum putty to pin the wires behind him and the arm to kind of hide what went behind the base. You can only see them if you look in the back, but I think it's a worthy concession to be able to light him up anytime I want. Definitely going to run one on my MK 42 and Hulkbuster when I get them.

IronMan_Mark_45_Lit.jpg

Got my Soap Reactor today. Still need to light the Detolf he's in and adjust the shelf up a bit, but he looks cool in the low light at the moment anyway, heh. I didn't do the hands since I was planning to pose him in a way that didn't need them lit, so I have two slots available for my 1/6th War Machine MK 1 diecast. I'll do his head and chest with those.

Used museum putty to pin the wires behind him and the arm to kind of hide what went behind the base. You can only see them if you look in the back, but I think it's a worthy concession to be able to light him up anytime I want. Definitely going to run one on my MK 42 and Hulkbuster when I get them.

View attachment 311837

Soap reactor is totally worth it. So many lights!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Teaming up with the Bandai Mark 45 that I got to help ease the wait ha

cca3c15be00bd24576e9eca108c8bc00.jpg

Finally got a chance to break out the XLIII

c427543d53aa72dfd813517f8a330a6f.jpg

Last pic. This is how they'll be displayed for now ...
55987fbf27ab38210b1a469d28996114.jpg

for those that have both the 1/4 and 1/6, if you could only choose one, which would it be and why?
1/4 easy if it is as simple as just picking the better figure.

1/4 has a better design, better proportions. The shoulder gap is nonexistent with the 1/4 figure, and the legs are better proportioned to the figure. More details, better engineering for more poses.

1/4 is a 9.9/10
1/6 is a 9.5/10

Both great, but 45 1/4 is HT best work so far.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Could you please specify what you ordered/need exactly? I can't work my way through their site, not sure what to do after seeing the chart.

Could you please specify what you ordered/need exactly? I can't work my way through their site, not sure what to do after seeing the chart.

The full pack has the following:

1 x Soap Reactor
1 x Neo Sensor
3 x LR621 cables
1 x LR936 cable

It's $20 more than just the bare reactor, which is just the reactor itself from what I can tell. No wires, no power supply, no remote sensor.

I guess it's worth it for the first reactor you buy since it comes with the remote, which I cannot seem to find as a standalone product. I'll end up doing my Hulkbuster and MK 42 with two more of these, but I won't buy the full pack, since I have the remote now and the cables that come with the starter pack may not all be used on either of those. They should just let you pick the full pack, and pick 4 cables to go with it, but for some reason they force you to take those four.

With that said, for the MK 45, you need 3x LR41, 1x LR44 and 4x LR621. That would take up all 8 banks on the reactor. That means you would need to buy the full pack, then 1x LR621, 3x LR41 and 1x LR44 along with a power supply (or find an aftermarket adjustable power supply, since they charge like $20 USD). I guess you could try contacting them and asking if they'd swap out the 1x936 with something you can actually use. I happened to use it on my War Machine MK1 diecast chest, so it wasn't a loss.

I had the front hip flap part that attaches to the actual connector pop off on my figure when I went to lift the leg forward. It came apart cleanly where it looks like it was glued together so it didn't necessarily break. I trust all of my fellow freaks on here and wanted to know what the best adhesive is to use on the plastic portion of Hot Toys? Thanks everyone and happy New Year!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to mine! Augh.

I had the front hip flap part that attaches to the actual connector pop off on my figure when I went to lift the leg forward. It came apart cleanly where it looks like it was glued together so it didn't necessarily break. I trust all of my fellow freaks on here and wanted to know what the best adhesive is to use on the plastic portion of Hot Toys? Thanks everyone and happy New Year!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

An epoxy resin would be what I would use. Very thin amount. You can use super glue, but that has a decent chance of eating the plastic.

Hi DarthZevyn
Have you ever used a soap reactor LR44 lead? I bought one to use in my Tamasi C-3PO and when it arrived it was a large barrel as if three LR44 were stuck together. Just like how the 621 takes the place of three batteries. I cannot work out their site as it would appear you could buy a 1,2 or 3 option, but when you order I never got a choice. Any ideas?
The full pack has the following:

1 x Soap Reactor
1 x Neo Sensor
3 x LR621 cables
1 x LR936 cable

It's $20 more than just the bare reactor, which is just the reactor itself from what I can tell. No wires, no power supply, no remote sensor.

I guess it's worth it for the first reactor you buy since it comes with the remote, which I cannot seem to find as a standalone product. I'll end up doing my Hulkbuster and MK 42 with two more of these, but I won't buy the full pack, since I have the remote now and the cables that come with the starter pack may not all be used on either of those. They should just let you pick the full pack, and pick 4 cables to go with it, but for some reason they force you to take those four.

With that said, for the MK 45, you need 3x LR41, 1x LR44 and 4x LR621. That would take up all 8 banks on the reactor. That means you would need to buy the full pack, then 1x LR621, 3x LR41 and 1x LR44 along with a power supply (or find an aftermarket adjustable power supply, since they charge like $20 USD). I guess you could try contacting them and asking if they'd swap out the 1x936 with something you can actually use. I happened to use it on my War Machine MK1 diecast chest, so it wasn't a loss.

Hi DarthZevyn
Have you ever used a soap reactor LR44 lead? I bought one to use in my Tamasi C-3PO and when it arrived it was a large barrel as if three LR44 were stuck together. Just like how the 621 takes the place of three batteries. I cannot work out their site as it would appear you could buy a 1,2 or 3 option, but when you order I never got a choice. Any ideas?

If I remember correctly it was a thin one on the wire, and it had an additional barrel.

It's exactly like what is framed out in the lower right corner of this picture with 1 and 3. Not sure what they mean by the 1, 2 & 3. Sounds almost like they just spared you having to push in two separate pieces and combined them into one maybe? I wasn't even sure why it was in two pieces to begin with.

SSCA005LR41.jpg

Back