Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

The 43 was the first 1/4 scale Iron Man so it was something new and exciting, plus it came with that killer headsculpt. Personally I've little interest in the 45 because I really don't need more than one 1/4 scale Iron Man, and of the two figures I prefer the 43.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It's not the first, it doesn't come with many accessories and there's no Stark headsculpt. Still looks like a great figure and an improvement over the Mark 43, but all that adds up to less 'wow' factor for this release. It was also a pretty forgettable suit from a not-so-great movie.

The first thing is the biggest factor.

But the point you made about it being from a not great movie...um, isn't the 43 from the same movie? Lol

Received my order from SS. The paint application is amazing as well as the engineering that went into making this quarter scale figure a beast to own. For anyone on the fence about starting on 1/4 scale figures I'd say you can't go wrong with either IM offerings from HT.

uuId0Buh.jpg

MnSi4nqh.jpg

Cool pics. Congrats

I agree both are great. If you like one suit over the other then go with that one, best way to do it. They are both great so it's really all about which look you prefer.

I prefer the 43 but went with both ha ... trying to talk myself out of the 42 but it's an armor I don't have in my collection at all, so it's only a matter of time. I've got issues ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting that 42 deluxe for sure. I told myself that the 43 was enough for 1/4 figs but that 42 is dripping with all sorts of awesomeness

Yeah ... I'm leaning that way too. Waiting to see if the ol lady gets me a sideshow gift card for the holiday... also holding out in case they announce any other 1/4 iron man figs in the near future. That 42 looks soooo sick though.

Yeah ... I'm leaning that way too. Waiting to see if the ol lady gets me a sideshow gift card for the holiday... also holding out in case they announce any other 1/4 iron man figs in the near future. That 42 looks soooo sick though.

Yup exactly.. for the last 3 yrs I've gotten a sideshow gift card as one of my presents. I'll be ordering this Christmas day either way

I prefer the 43 but went with both ha ... trying to talk myself out of the 42 but it's an armor I don't have in my collection at all, so it's only a matter of time. I've got issues ha

I've got the 1/6 Mark 42 and I think I prefer it over the 1/6 Mark 43 because it was first. Plus, once I got the 1/4 scale 43, it just blew me away. I'm getting the 1/4 Mark 45 early next year. Like you, I want the 1/4 Mark 42, though I'm still looking for a way to budget that in with everything else.

Plenty of Iron Man releases coming to keep us happy until the Hulkbuster arrives in mid-2017. :)

It's a second arm. The 43 comes with the torso and head and one arm. The 45 has all that plus the additional arm.

Hmm, I thought the 45 comes with the gun arm INSTEAD of the regular arm that came with 43, not both.

Just delivered to the UPS store. Picking it up tomorrow.

I think I'm going to sell one of my 2 1/6 45s. Doesn't make sense to me to have 3 of these guys, as nice as they are.

I like having 1 of each scale.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

got mine in yesterday. only complaint i have was when i unboxed it, one of the magnets for the helmet plate came off. this is literally the third hot toys figure i have that had magnet issues on those iron man helmet magnets. i don't know what glue they're using but seems to be not holding up. simply glue did the trick, but doesn't look good to unbox a new item and see loose magnets with dried glue stains detached.

Got mine today, its huge! I had loose magnets as well gonna super glue em on. Im impressed so far...
Seems to be a common problem. Same issue here. Other than that, stunning.

I really like Iron Man 1/6 scale, but even the best of the bunch, the 45, doesn't compare to the 45 in 1/4 scale.

This thing is a beast.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Back