Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would they electroplate plastic? Can you show me what it looks like on the 1/6?

It's the same process they use to do like chrome trim you see. The stuff that comes in rolls at the store. Stuff like that

https://www.thomasnet.com/articles/custom-manufacturing-fabricating/how-to-metalize-plastic

image.jpeg

The final product of the 1/6 Mark 45 came out incredibly well, and it's made me even more excited to see the 1/4 version. Sideshow's estimated shipping window is June-August, so I'm curious as to whether this will be shown in the next "Coming Soon" pic and we'll see final pictures in the next month or so?

The final product of the 1/6 Mark 45 came out incredibly well, and it's made me even more excited to see the 1/4 version. Sideshow's estimated shipping window is June-August, so I'm curious as to whether this will be shown in the next "Coming Soon" pic and we'll see final pictures in the next month or so?
I'm also more inclined to the 1/4 scale version and from what I've seen from the proto pics, Hot toys made another improvement on the shoulder pad area.
anyway I hope I won't see a coming soon notice of this figure along with hulkbuster:pray:

What's the secret accessory going to be? I'm undecided whether to PO him over at Sideshow to get the exclusive. Knowing what that bonus item is would help me decide whether to order it now or just get the non-exclusive cheaper elsewhere.

Re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Yea the damned excitement about the 1/6 scale version has me chomping at the bit to see this final product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have pre-ordered this guy sooner. All this UK/EU nonsense means he's gone up about £30 :(

I Cannot wait!!!

This figure is really tempting, but I made the mistake of graphing this years monthly credit card expenses the other day... :lol (it's not pretty)

Couldn't resist any longer ... Just dumped $300 combined in rewards and a gift card on this. I was waiting for the final pics to show up but just needed to get my order in. Hopefully it drops in Hong Kong sooner than September ha

I will BE totally *ucked if I get this. I will FEEL totally *ucked if I don't get this. First world problems.

Couldn't resist any longer ... Just dumped $300 combined in rewards and a gift card on this. I was waiting for the final pics to show up but just needed to get my order in. Hopefully it drops in Hong Kong sooner than September ha

Actually September would be perfect for me (for my wallet's sake)

Well if it came out August in Hong Kong, we wouldn't see it until at least September .... I just want those blogger and in-hand pics ha ha

Well if it came out August in Hong Kong, we wouldn't see it until at least September .... I just want those blogger and in-hand pics ha ha

Yeah, I hear ya...can't wait to see the final production.

I cancelled my 1/6 Phasma today and will order this. I'm gonna try and wait for the July code though. My Brother has the 1/4 Mark 43 and loves it but I like this design more. I don't generally collect this scale but this is likely the only Avenger I'll buy and I want it big.

Back