Article: Alien VS Predator Predator - Machiko Noguchi, She-Predator - Premium Format(TM) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Machiko She-Predator PF

I don't have that series of books but it would definitely be interesting to know if that was the case. According to the "article" at comicvine, it states:

"Machiko is a human woman of Japanese descent. As a young woman, Machiko witnessed her father, Akira Noguchi, commit seppuku (a suicide honor-killing) when he was fired from the Yashido company for embezzlement. Before dying, Akira told his daughter to restore their family's honor; he'd composed a Death Poem for Machiko, but her mother, Keiko, refused to let her read it until many years later. "​

Unless the mother changed her name to Keiko at some point, it is unlikely that she was anything other than Japanese. That doesn't detract from the character at all but it would still be interesting to know for certain.
Yeah, not sure why I was thinking that. Seems that she is indeed pure Japanese.

It's been years since I read the books. Need to read them again sometime.

what is the better soln and do the glasses hold the weight good?
According to Ikea a Detolf shelf is good for 6kg.
Better soln?
If you're planning on building your collection I'd recommend Besta units.

Am I the only one who was plesantly surprised with the $440 price :dunno

This is going on my Mantlepiece with Red Sonja on the other end :)

Pleasantly surprised? Likely :) But that's mainly because you were hoping it wouldn't be near P2 Maquette prices...which is almost triple this!

I love it and think it looks superb, but it's definitely $40 more than I thought the absolute max would be. I thought it'd be in line with Red Sonja. Again, that may be the AvP license, as Samurai Predator was the same huge bump compared to other pieces.

That'll be a great pair for you!

They charged that for the P2 simply because they could, we wanted that thing for years and years... As nice as this looks sculpt wise, Machiko barely has a following so they would never have sold at much more than what they are asking, even at $440 there have been plenty of people turned off to buying her.

Better soln?

440 is fine. Klingsbo for higher weight cap. For a full collection I'd go with custom or Bestas

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

I'm guessing 1000 EX with total of 3500 ES.... Hot chick in barely there armor.. It will probably sell out fairly quick...

I'm thinking more like 500 Ex although 5,000 wouldn't stop me.
Can't see her selling more than the new Rulk but who knows the powers of T&A...

Better soln?

No my Friend I just look at it as the price of Collecting :wink1: but my criteria of pieces is going to be more narrow in scope, so the Benckmark will be higher for this kind of $$$$

And Yes she will look SICK being displayed across from Red Sonja, Sexy Women with Weapons FTW

Al

reasons not to buy:

* I don't own any other PFs. So far I have avoided what appears to be a very slippery slope with these things.

* I have no room for her.

*Geez, price.

*Then I'll want a Predator to go with her, and I wont have room for him either! Or want to pay for him! Those things are a fortune...

However after researching this character she is more appealing than ever. Have a feeling I'm doomed. I hope it is a while before she comes out, I am going to need some time to save up for her.

One thing is for sure: this one has Future Grail written all over her.

No point comparing a predator maq to this, different beasts and have always traditionally been worth more. Plus the pred is close to 30 inches tall. There's no doubt its overpriced but I don't think he should be compared to a regular premium format.

No point comparing a predator maq to this, different beasts and have always traditionally been worth more. Plus the pred is close to 30 inches tall. There's no doubt its overpriced but I don't think he should be compared to a regular premium format.
A good bit of that P2 height is made up of base. I think it's a great comparison to the ridiculous price of the Maquette, probably the final push for me to forget about it all together.
This will be a little bit smaller with an easier paint application, does that mean the Maquette is worth $760 more? No ******* way!
The base on this blows the Maquettes base away.

She looks amazing but at $440 I think I'm out. I just don't know if I can rationalize paying more for her than the WW PF. Of course, if she doesn't sell out for awhile and I could put some RP toward her...

I know people will stab me.......but I'm just not feeling the normal head! I feel like the bio adds so much more ferocity to her! I'm excited to hit that PO button first thing tomorrow when it is up!

A good bit of that P2 height is made up of base. I think it's a great comparison to the ridiculous price of the Maquette, probably the final push for me to forget about it all together.
This will be a little bit smaller with an easier paint application, does that mean the Maquette is worth $760 more? No ******* way!
The base on this blows the Maquettes base away.

Both predator maqs have previously been over or around a thousand bucks. The legendary was 2000 and not much bigger than the maqs.

Truth is everything is overpriced , half the people in this thread don't even know who this is or what she's all about !

There's also craftsmanship to consider , a lot of premium formats are well below par on paint application where as usually the higher end products have a noticible jump in quality.

Nothing at sideshow makes any sense, Yoda is 2500 , pred 2 maq is 1200, sauron is 900. There's no point justifying something via something else it just blows your circuits.

I,ll do what I've always done and buy the pieces that I want and ignore the ones I dont!

Back