Article: Alien VS Predator Predator - Machiko Noguchi, She-Predator - Premium Format(TM) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stills I took from the SS video.
Check it out, around the seven minute mark I think, she looks great...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QBNzFUZiFY8

....Can I go there and just wander around the halls for a few hours, taking everything in? Wow look at all that stuff.

Machiko looks amazing, I regret nothing. Keeping my baby. Also saw a few glimpses of Gallevarbe, she is dazzling. If circumstances permit she will definitely be coming to live.... er, die, whatever - here.

I remember Gilliland from his model kit days, that guy could paint the entire world and it would turn out perfect. He is a master artist for sure. He used to write great tutorials too.

Looks really good but the netting bugs me. If wasn't for that I would of have po'd this already. I love everything else about this statue. Maybe in time (when it becomes coupon eligible) it wont bother me as much but right now its preventing from pulling the trigger.

Even I will agree, the netting needs to come all the way up to her collarbone and the weave needs to be thinner, more like fishnet stockings. But oh well, I still smell a future grail.

The thickness should definitely be changed imo. And I don't think more should be added, quite the opposite in fact, not to join the perve crew on here lol but it is too much, it kills the beautiful sculpt. It should be much more yautja like, i.e thinner and maybe lose a leg or something.

yeah, i like how her torso is sculpted, such a shame the net covers that awesomeness...

The thickness should definitely be changed imo. And I don't think more should be added, quite the opposite in fact, not to join the perve crew on here lol but it is too much, it kills the beautiful sculpt. It should be much more yautja like, i.e thinner and maybe lose a leg or something.

Re: Machiko She-Predator PF

I just looked at the pictures again and don't see the problem at all. I really like the netting as it is so I'm hoping they don't change it. I suppose I may be seeing her in a different way than some others because I don't think she is wearing the netting as lingerie but more as a functional part of her amazing armor. Those details set this piece apart from the crowd, in my opinion, but I do understand those of you who would like to see her in a more revealing state of dress.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

I just looked at the pictures again and don't see the problem at all. I really like the netting as it is so I'm hoping they don't change it. I suppose I may be seeing her in a different way than some others because I don't think she is wearing the netting as lingerie but more as a functional part of her amazing armor. Those details set this piece apart from the crowd, in my opinion, but I do understand those of you who would like to see her in a more revealing state of dress.

If it was more for function why does it not cover her chest? Also, it is much thicker than a Predator's netting, not sure why. Can't be for function as it works fine on the larger bodies with the thinner type.

Artistic interpretation plays a large part in any character based on comic books and novels.
She is drawn with different netting and armour depending where you look.

Yes, this netting is thicker than depicted in most pictures i've come across, doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong though.

Machiko AVP_War.jpg Machiko Hunter.JPG

The thing that bothers me about this is, its not so much artist's renditions, but that this netting is nothing like we have so far seen on any Predator in the films. I regard the films as the definitive source. Not a dealbreaker for me, but yes a little inaccurate.

The thing that bothers me about this is, its not so much artist's renditions, but that this netting is nothing like we have so far seen on any Predator in the films. I regard the films as the definitive source. Not a dealbreaker for me, but yes a little inaccurate.

But you've never seen a human in Predator attire in the movies, apart from Noland.
Did Machiko fashion her own netting or was it made for her?

But she's also a human woman. As gangster as she is, still a woman. She may just want to also look hot. Her prerogative ;)

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

But you've never seen a human in Predator attire in the movies, apart from Noland. Did Machiko fashion her own netting or was it made for her?

It was given to her. Its part of the invisibility camouflage suit, its not just random netting for the sake of coolness. That's why people are questioning why it does not come up to her collarbone, because on the other Predators it does just that.

I think the "super" predators changed all that, depends what you want to include as cannon? I think the problem with the netting on this is that it looks like its just generic netting that was available to hand during production. It doesn't resemble anything we've seen from Predators so far. It looks like a big fish net to me. Ultimately it doesn't matter though, I don't like it, I think it is too overpowering so I just wont buy her, those that do like it will have a cool statue no doubt as she looks pretty damn awesome otherwise. It may even be an easy mod for those that wish to try, depends how far it is wedged under her armour..

I think the "super" predators changed all that, depends what you want to include as cannon? I think the problem with the netting on this is that it looks like its just generic netting that was available to hand during production. It doesn't resemble anything we've seen from Predators so far. It looks like a big fish net to me. Ultimately it doesn't matter though, I don't like it, I think it is too overpowering so I just wont buy her, those that do like it will have a cool statue no doubt as she looks pretty damn awesome otherwise. It may even be an easy mod for those that wish to try, depends how far it is wedged under her armour..
The net looks a bit off compared to a regular predator but then again I have not seen boobs on a predator so I guess that would be weird too! Anyway, the sqaures on the net should be tilted by 90 degrees, I agree! But it is not ENOUGH for me to NOT ORDER, it's such a minor thing it's acceptable and maybe they will change it towards the end? I mean it's just net and can be EASILY changed.

I don't believe you when you say that it's too overpowering, the statue still looks great in it's own way.

How can you not believe someones opinion? :huh

Bc it was based on a minor detail which he referred to as being overpowering in his decision on whether or not to purchase the statue which in this said case he did not choose to buy it.

Back