Art Figures: The King

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own any of their figures but I heard that their first Punisher "Saves" was HT quality and it's good to hear that "Avenger" is has some great quality as well. Hopefully the trend continues with this figure

Cotswold has him up for $109 so save $10 by buying at Viking Playground. Are they safe? Never ordered from them before

Holy.

Crap.

Just learned about this now. Beyond excited. This will be the crowning piece of my LOTR detolf.

Looks pretty cool. I don't plan on buying if but I do like it all the same.

Yeah I agree. While this one is pretty low down on my list (I won't be getting this) I hope this encourages ART to make something cool like Saruman or some orcs.

In God's name why?! It looks nicer than any of Sideshow's LOTR figures. Plus... it's another LOTR figure! :panic:

the only problems I have with the sculpt is the mouth looks too small and the nose too big. eyebrows look a little sad but that doesn't bother me. Chainmail looks great. After further inspection, I've found some tweaks to the armor I'm going to have to do but that's better than having to make a whole figure from scratch which was on my "to do" list.

Although, the sculpt isn't perfect, you can tell who it's supposed to be. Can't say as much for Sideshow's lopsided attempt and Viggo.

Plus, I'm a fan of the book before I'm a fan of the movies, and this IS King Aragorn.

God, this is so awesome.

:horror :horror :horror

I think you need your eyesight testing, my friend!

Unless you mean the PF, which i don't own. The maquette is the best likeness to Viggo i have ever seen. This version is the worst likeness i have ever seen..... for anyone! Just truly terrible.

The 1/6 figure from Sideshow. He's unrecognizable. And the sculpt is lopsided - almost deformed. This is way better IMO.

My eyes are just fine brother, but you might want to re-read my post b/c you obviously missed what I said which was about the 1/6 sculpt, from the first 1/6 LOTR figure SS produced. The PF is the best likeness to Viggo IMO, I don't own it, but I've seen both it and the Maquette in hand and still think the PF is the best. When the thread for the Aragorn Marquette opened up I even said that I wish I could cast that maquette head and put it on my 1/6 b/c it is a good likeness and they're approximately the same scale, but not better than the PF IMO.

And I never said that this Art figures sculpt was the best. I've already said that it wasn't 100%, all I said that it's better than the 1/6. I mean if you want to talk bad sculpts, how about the two ToyBiz 12" Aragorn sculpts that were way worse than this (doll and rotocast figures)? Or are we just pretending those never existed? :huh

:exactly: Comparing 1/6th figures to 1/6 figures, this wins.

God, this is happening so fast! :panic:

Will most likely buy this within the week! :panic: :panic: :panic:

In God's name why?! It looks nicer than any of Sideshow's LOTR figures. Plus... it's another LOTR figure! :panic:

It doesn't look nicer than the Sideshow figures. As nice maybe but that's as far as I'd go. I am tempted to get it but I will pass for now.

How can any LOTR fan not think this is badass in the extreme?

art-figure-king-003_web.jpg

I would pay more than twice the price that these are pre-ordering at.

I must be missing something. Do these "Art Figure" toys feel like cracker jack toys in hand or something?

Holy.

Crap.

Just learned about this now. Beyond excited. This will be the crowning piece of my LOTR detolf.

Although, the sculpt isn't perfect, you can tell who it's supposed to be. Can't say as much for Sideshow's lopsided attempt and Viggo.

Plus, I'm a fan of the book before I'm a fan of the movies, and this IS King Aragorn.

God, this is so awesome.

:exactly:Glad to see you on board with this Mags! :rock

and yea that's what I've been saying. Definintely better than Sideshow's Aragorn in terms of likeness. you can definitely tell that's it's Viggo. I can't wait for him to be parted so I can get a second sculpt, give him his Strider hair and cut the neck off so I can put him on the body I have with the sculpted neck.

I must be missing something. Do these "Art Figure" toys feel like cracker jack toys in hand or something?

not from what I've heard. I've heard nothing but good reviews of all pretty much all their figures. Especially the 2 Punisher figures

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

I didn't think I would be getting any more figures this year. Soooo excited!
picture.php

art figures are very nice, solid figures and a steal for the price imo. this is a definite buy for me as well. i still dig sideshow's 1/6 aragorn though. :monkey3

Last edited:
Back