Art Figures: The King

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are those action figures? or statues? what are the scale?

1317350717_facepalm_3.jpg

Some issues with the costume:
- Missing the Elven knife
- Missing the armor on the boots
- Bicep armor is the wrong design (what they gave him looks like it should be the design from the top of the boot armor)
- The gauntlets should have a smaller 'scallop-thing' to either side of the big one

Bonus points for giving us the Anduril scabbard though, even if he never wore it.

Pretty good looking figure... if the Sideshow line had been more robust I'd be interested. But having a second Aragorn just doesn't do a lot for me.

Excellent, excellent! A total must buy for me! Looking forward to this piece immensely!

Not familiar with this line, have they made a Legolas?

No, but I wouldn't be surprised of he's next possibly dubbed under the name of "The Archer," "the Elf" or something along those lines if this figure sells well.

They made some Shawshank Redemption figures but I think they really got noticed when they made "Saves" who was practically Ray Stevenson's Frank Castle from Punisher War Zone, then followed up with a Tears of the Sun Bruce Willis (don't remember that ones name), the "Delta Force" based off a character from Balck Hawk Down if I remember and finally "The Avenger" who was based off Thomas Jane's Frank Castle from The Punisher.

But back to this figure....

I was reading over at OSW and and someone made a valid point IMO...

What if the likeness issue along with the few inaccuracies in the outfit are due to them not wanting to get into any trouble with licensing? Maybe they are realizing that they have become a bit more popular and don't want to jeoprodize anything by getting sued so they're making it look off on purpose? Just a thought...well a thought from someone over at OSW :lol

Last edited:
^^^^
thanks for the info, I really wan't a good Legolas on my shelf. I'll keep my eyes out on this line.
:duff

^^^^
thanks for the info, I really wan't a good Legolas on my shelf. I'll keep my eyes out on this line.
:duff

No prob. And I agree. If they do do him, I hope it's from the Two Towers so they can give him his Rohan duds with Lothorian Bow, Quiver and Arrows. I know DID made him in that garb and I have it too but by today's standards, it's just not working plus they only gave him 3 poorly made arrows. His quiver was always full so I don't get why DID only gav him 3 and SS only gave him 5 in both 1/6 and the PF'

but all in all, I think the Aragorn likeness is the best we've gotten in 1/6 IMO and if they do Legolas, hopefully it will trump SS attempt, but not sure it could out do Darren's resculpt

Not to deprive anyone of a Legolas, but if this company does more LotR knock-offs, I'd really like to see them take this in a direction we haven't seen before - specifically, heavily armored characters.

Tops of my list would be a Gondorian soldier, Galadhrim archer, Helm's Deep Uruk Hai, and a Rohan Royal Guard. No likeness issues to drop the ball on there, either.

This seems a poor choice. Why not do Gimli or Eowyn or Arwen?

We all have an Aragorn already and while this version is definitely tempting, the likeness is off enough to definitely make me pass.

Not to deprive anyone of a Legolas, but if this company does more LotR knock-offs, I'd really like to see them take this in a direction we haven't seen before - specifically, heavily armored characters.

Tops of my list would be a Gondorian soldier, Galadhrim archer, Helm's Deep Uruk Hai, and a Rohan Royal Guard. No likeness issues to drop the ball on there, either.

I wouldn't feel deprived if Legolas isn't next as the only LOTR Character I would want out of all would be a 1/6 Gimli with either Saruman or the Witch King coming in second place. i just feel that if they are to do another, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Legolas. Plus, I've continually upped my Legolas that I don't feel the need necessarily for another. I'm getting embossed leather belt and straps as well as metal buckles soonish. But I would like proper Lothorian gear for Legolas. DID's was good but not good enough IMO

This seems a poor choice. Why not do Gimli or Eowyn or Arwen?

We all have an Aragorn already and while this version is definitely tempting, the likeness is off enough to definitely make me pass.

I have to disagree with you a bit. Yes, i'd definitely rather have Gimli instead of Aragorn but what makes up for this being Aragorn is it not being Strider. In terms of likeness, SS likeness wasn't any better. I think this one is much closer to Viggo than the SS one plus has better paint. is it 100%? no, but it's still better than the SS 1/6 sculpt and when this is parted out, I'm doing to pick up this sculpt and resculpt it into a Strider look and replace my SS one.

but I am biased somewhat b/c for me, I'm just happy to see another 1/6 LOTR figure come out of nowhere when I had previously been drawing up plans to make my own King Aragorn in which now I don't. It's not Gimli but it's not a rehashed HT Iron Man either so I'm happy

but I am biased somewhat b/c for me, I'm just happy to see another 1/6 LOTR figure come out of nowhere when I had previously been drawing up plans to make my own King Aragorn in which now I don't. It's not Gimli but it's not a rehashed HT Iron Man either so I'm happy

You have strong point. It is nice to see LotR get some 1:6 love. I guess if there were a decent 1:6 Arwen headsculpt, I might get this figure.

In terms of likeness, SS likeness wasn't any better. I think this one is much closer to Viggo than the SS one plus has better paint.

:horror :horror :horror

I think you need your eyesight testing, my friend!

Unless you mean the PF, which i don't own. The maquette is the best likeness to Viggo i have ever seen. This version is the worst likeness i have ever seen..... for anyone! Just truly terrible.

Back