Art Figures: The King

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:horror :horror :horror

I think you need your eyesight testing, my friend!

Unless you mean the PF, which i don't own. The maquette is the best likeness to Viggo i have ever seen. This version is the worst likeness i have ever seen..... for anyone! Just truly terrible.

While he's getting his eyesight checked, you may want to join him. I have to strongly disagree that this is the worst version of Aragorn. Like some havealready said, is it 100%? No. But horrible? The worst ever? Again, I have to strongly disagree. Of course everyone sees it differently and that's all fair.

Eric

Likeness is kind of meh, i don't see any runes on that reforged Narsil but, Art Figures are a great value for the price indeed.

On another character, I'd be more picky about the likeness too. But this Aragorn head is easily replaced with a better Mortensen one, provided I can cut the hair off cleanly. Actually, I think he looks a little like Val Kilmer - Madmartigan from Willow custom, anyone?

:horror :horror :horror

I think you need your eyesight testing, my friend!

Unless you mean the PF, which i don't own. The maquette is the best likeness to Viggo i have ever seen. This version is the worst likeness i have ever seen..... for anyone! Just truly terrible.

My eyes are just fine brother, but you might want to re-read my post b/c you obviously missed what I said which was about the 1/6 sculpt, from the first 1/6 LOTR figure SS produced. The PF is the best likeness to Viggo IMO, I don't own it, but I've seen both it and the Maquette in hand and still think the PF is the best. When the thread for the Aragorn Marquette opened up I even said that I wish I could cast that maquette head and put it on my 1/6 b/c it is a good likeness and they're approximately the same scale, but not better than the PF IMO.

And I never said that this Art figures sculpt was the best. I've already said that it wasn't 100%, all I said that it's better than the 1/6. I mean if you want to talk bad sculpts, how about the two ToyBiz 12" Aragorn sculpts that were way worse than this (doll and rotocast figures)? Or are we just pretending those never existed? :huh

I like it.... Not a perfect likeness but decent.... For the price, I assume around 110, it's a steal. Anyone have this up for PO yet?

No where has it up for PO just yet. The usual places that I know that get Art Figures (toy anxiety, monkey depot, Cotswold collectibles, Viking playground) have yet to put it up. I know Cots told me that they're waiting on their distributed to let them know if they're going to have it and when

Last edited:
Red Planet Toys still has their awesome strider head available, which could definitely work with a little hair resculpting...

https://www.redplanettoys.com/custom_heads.html

I too ask where we can preorder this bad boy :)

Are there any good paint ups of that sculpt though? The chin looks waaay too big there, but if there's a good enough paint up I may consider getting one from there.

Also, is redplanetoys safe/reliable? heard of them but never ordered before

I'm quite sure they're safe, they've been around for forever and the owner posts here as well, I think.
As for their HS, at first I was very excited, but after seeing the final result it just didn't convince me.
There's a few pics of a finished Aragorn with that sculpt either here or in the customizer's section.

See here for a painted RPT aragorn by the talented melanarus:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103201

I have the head gipetto! It's a little on the small side and doesn't work perfectly with the sideshow clothes / body and other figures in the line (if you are displaying him with legolas etc) Which is a shame as it's a very good likeness imo.

That said it looks good in melanarus' pictures. So I dunno :lol

RPT are reliable! It took an age for the sculpt to get to me I must admit but it arrived.

I'd get this if I had a better head to replace it with. That is so far off from Viggo that I'll pass on this. The rest of it looks real good though.

yeah, i only have one other figure by them (avenger) and it is awesome. i was really impressed with the quality. i will definitely go back and pick up their bruce willis/lt. waters from tears of the sun.

Back