Art Figures Boy Black (AF-018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advertising jk... but nowhere have you mentioned that mine are all hand-made, unique and completely customisable!!! Sorry for you and others who are spoiled by Hong Kong mass production techniques and low costs.

I've some new stuff made just now - but unfortunately can't afford to give them away either! Congratulations on your patience waiting for something to be mass produced, looks like cheap has its own rewards - keep your eyes peeled and maybe you'll see these new figure of mine ripped off at a price you can afford too - while us innovators starve or lose interest in a 'hobby' that clearly supports child labour market forces & prices

You are in no position to judge what I should be buying or not.
You are using another's one creation (Riddick) to make money out of it
without even paying the proper fees as your custom figures are bootlegs also.
Sorry to spoil your dream of being the only one making a Riddick figure,
but you know that others can do it also and for much less money.
On a scale of 1 to 10, if buying your figure for $500 is a 10
I prefer buying a mass produced one for $150 that is a 9 and be very happy with it.
As for the point about innovators vs child labor I am sure every item you own
is bought after great research and comes with a signed form that is made with respect and care for worker's rights
and that no child was involved in making it.
For us yes it is a hobby, for you it's a business so cut the lectures.

is bought after great research and comes with a signed form that is made with respect and care for worker's rights

Child labour exists in many countries, doesn't mean it's illegal, and the minimum age differs from countries to countries, don't use USA as a benchmark. Also many family business uses children below minimum age to help run their business, i don't see it being bad, some probably needs to help earn some extra wage to help feed the families, it's only an issue if they get paid way below what their work is, but if that is the case, countries like Zimbabwe probably pay even less to their adult workers.

BTW i think Child involvement depends on the industry, for something that require non-fixed skills like painting different figures in limited numbers it's less likely they are involved.

Einordmane,
Man just share yur cool customs, leave the rest at the door.
People can buy whatever they want, unlicenced custom figures or mass produced bootlegs.
Its between them and their conscience.

Child labor should not exists, even if its legal in some countries.
This is just wrong plain and simple.

Einordmane,
Man just share yur cool customs, leave the rest at the door.
People can buy whatever they want, unlicenced custom figures or mass produced bootlegs.
Its between them and their conscience.

Child labor should not exists, even if its legal in some countries.
This is just wrong plain and simple.

it's not like Children gets forced into labor out of their will for wages way below for what they work for, you need to travel around more, not all kids outside America are as spoiled as American kids are, for example there's many kids coming from poverty families and need to work to help feed the family, also there are kids that has nothing much to do and wants to take up a job during the holidays to earn some money. in fact Child labor in many countries gets paid better than Adult workers in many poorer countries like Zimbabwe & Venezuela. China today ain't China 30 years ago. With their 1 child policy which parent would let their kids suffer being forced into labor?

it's not like Children gets forced into labor out of their will for wages way below for what they work for, you need to travel around more, not all kids outside America are as spoiled as American kids are, for example there's many kids coming from poverty families and need to work to help feed the family, also there are kids that has nothing much to do and wants to take up a job during the holidays to earn some money. in fact Child labor in many countries gets paid better than Adult workers in many poorer countries like Zimbabwe & Venezuela. China today ain't China 30 years ago. With their 1 child policy which parent would let their kids suffer being forced into labor?

You may want to hold your horses before assuming anything about my travels, me, my background.
Poverty, helping at yur parents commerce or working during holidays... Well thats quite a big bag yu have and yur shoving everything in it.
Of course i am talking about situations when kids have no choice but to work for a decent living.
Being paid better change nothing in my book, a child should not work.
Children must enjoy their youth, study then when they are ready to face the world get to work when they choose to, not because of the cards life as given them..
Im not blind, im just saying thats its not right.
That is all.

lets stay on topic.

Children must enjoy their youth, study then when they are ready to face the world get to work when they choose to, not because of the cards life as given them..
Im not blind, im just saying thats its not right.
That is all.

lets stay on topic.

it's like saying Children should not study & do homeworks because they should enjoy their youth. do you know how many hours kids are forced to stay at school, and spend their spare time on homeworks & studies, and how many hours per week they have to go for extra tuition classes? and no the situation where children are forced into cheap labor is no longer valid in China, China has changed alot in the past 2 decades and most kids there are being pampered like prince & princess, since most toys are still being made in China, you shouldn't worry about forced child labor in this hobby.

it's like saying Children should not study & do homeworks because they should enjoy their youth. do you know how many hours kids are forced to stay at school, and spend their spare time on homeworks & studies, and how many hours per week they have to go for extra tuition classes? and no the situation where children are forced into cheap labor is no longer valid in China, China has changed alot in the past 2 decades and most kids there are being pampered like prince & princess, since most toys are still being made in China, you shouldn't worry about forced child labor in this hobby.

Looks like you missed the part when i say "they should enjoy their youth AND STUDY"...
And you also didnt realize that i never was worried about toys made by children in china...
I do agree tho that kids are princes and princesses.
Next...

You are in no position to judge what I should be buying or not.
You are using another's one creation (Riddick) to make money out of it
without even paying the proper fees as your custom figures are bootlegs also.
Sorry to spoil your dream of being the only one making a Riddick figure,
but you know that others can do it also and for much less money.
On a scale of 1 to 10, if buying your figure for $500 is a 10
I prefer buying a mass produced one for $150 that is a 9 and be very happy with it.
As for the point about innovators vs child labor I am sure every item you own

Only lectures are coming from you... remove the link to my site, please

Picked up my Boy Black after work. Nice figure, also broke a peg, took forever to take it out.

Don't know what to do with that additional blade, whatever.

Agreed!
einordmaine's Solutions for Additional Blade 1:
Boy Blackadditions 2 (2).jpg

Blade 2:
Boy Black Sheath 1.jpg

anyone heard when these are gonna drop in the US? i've seen they've been out for a bit overseas...

gotcha... thx!

i've seen that's what several places have it listed... just assumed it would be out sooner since its been available for a good month+ already from overseas...

really looking forward to this guy!

i actually bought the zc v3 seemless arm bodies and plan on swapping out when he gets here. to me it looks like a perfect muscular body to copy vin's stature...
zc-body-sla-00.jpg

2992324-riddickrain.jpg

I like the aci ab6 body even though it doesn't have ab crunch, i just wish i knew if it would fit the riddick parts. I dont want to buy a body and it not fit.

I'd suggest just waiting until you have the figure in hand.. (assuming you don't have it yet either) and then make a decision...

Back