Art Figures Boy Black (AF-018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$140 is a steal, especially since the only other way to get something like this would be the custom route... and probably wouldn't be half as good.

The price is fantastic. Dredd was the same and turned out great. I'm sure this one will be the same. If Hot Toys did this it'd be $100 more and wouldn't look any better.

Riddick is my favorite character of Vin Diesel's.
I+really+wanted+to+make+this+reference+but+i+was+_8d1ab151219bb7c05a3b79eb2e1e48cf.jpg

I liked the third film mainly because it was more like the first. The second film got a little to big for the character--like they were trying to redo Conan but in space.

140$ is expensive? Thats a good freaking deal for a figure of this caliber. I mean this thing rivals any custom i have seen.

Im not thinking about the customs but comparing it to previous art figure release of the same price, Dredd was loaded here its way more simpler.
Feels like a set, like the one released for Breaking bad, Fury etc... And its missing the breather on its belt to have the complete crematoria escape look.
Only think to me that justifies the price is the body wich is a muscular one unlike Dredd and co, but sadly its too thin.
Well whataver i say im definitly getting it and will use the clothes to update my custom :)

Was dissapointed by the 3rd Riddick, the not so great cgi and some set design gave a cheap overall look (also was not a big fan of the leather look he had lol) should give it another go maybe i was expecting too much :)

Seems like a pretty good figure, especially for the price. I wonder if there will be a second version of this figure if it gets released with a wrong colored dagger. They did that for Dredd with his vest. I have the Art Figures Dredd and Van Damme, both are pretty top notch figures. My only complaint is the Van Damme figure has black stains from the clothing and gloves. I don't really see that as being an issue with this figure probably since there isn't really much need to display him with his shirt off or anything.

Seems like a pretty good figure, especially for the price. I wonder if there will be a second version of this figure if it gets released with a wrong colored dagger. They did that for Dredd with his vest. I have the Art Figures Dredd and Van Damme, both are pretty top notch figures. My only complaint is the Van Damme figure has black stains from the clothing and gloves. I don't really see that as being an issue with this figure probably since there isn't really much need to display him with his shirt off or anything.
There were 2 dredds?

Yeah, there was a second release for Dredd. The first release has black shoulder pads and the second release had gold shoulder pads. I think there were some other minor differences, but I don't remember what they were since I only bought the first release.

huh news to me. assumed all the golder shoulder pads vers were customized, saw many doin that when they first arrived inhand. on the ver i have the pads are gold but its all faded out and barely noticeable.

+1 just was viewing ebay pics of those on sale now and all are the same as mine. the golder pads were seen in all the proto pics and then on the many customized vers etc. but never on a production dredd direct from art figures i dont think.

Nope, there are definitely 2 releases for the Dredd figure. I got the first release and was disappointed with the shoulder pads. Then Art Figure re-released the figure later on with shoulder pads that were more gold. I sold my black shoulder pad vest and bought one that was more gold in color. Check the threads for the figure. I'm sure there's more information about it in there.

Nope, there are definitely 2 releases for the Dredd figure. I got the first release and was disappointed with the shoulder pads. Then Art Figure re-released the figure later on with shoulder pads that were more gold. I sold my black shoulder pad vest and bought one that was more gold in color. Check the threads for the figure. I'm sure there's more information about it in there.

ahhh interesting had no idea, thks for the info.

I saw an auction on eBay just now selling the vest with the gold shoulders. It definitely looks much better than the black shoulders. If I remember right there was at least one other difference between the two releases, but I couldn't tell you what it was. I was just happy to upgrade my vest without trying to paint it myself.

Back