Art-Figures: AF-003 "Saves" (Punisher)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, MAX just started the summer the movie came out. It's based more on Year One, with characters from the first Marvel Knights story Ennis did.

Oh, ok. I had those mixed up then I think?
Anyways here's some intresting trivia about "The Punisher (2004)" found on IMDB:

(Someone mentioned the skull before and I think here's the reason why it was toned down in both films.)
When the teaser trailer was shown, there was negative reaction to the solid white skull logo which has been the character's trademark in the books. The costume designer changed it to a "worn-down" design that better suited Frank Castle's character in the film.

Scenes were constantly scaled back or cut to meet budget requirements. Effects scenes were almost always done the old-fashioned way with old tricks replacing new CGI. Jonathan Hensleigh discusses this in the commentary track of the original DVD edition.

Jonathan Hensleigh was dismayed before filming began when he learned that he wasn't going to be given sufficient budget for a top flight action movie. He felt he needed in the region of $64 million but was only given $15 million instead, and only 52 days to shoot the picture. Hensleigh had to rewrite a lot of his original script to accommodate this reduction in budget and shooting schedule.

I remember there being some talk about the filming locations also, just cant find the info. Daylight was short and was there a raining season and some things like that?
In Hollywood the budget equals to a lot of things.
I mean even TDK isn't all that complicated, but it cost a _____load of money to make: $185,000,000 (estimated).

- -

Anyways this:

00_PunisherWarZone001_18-19.jpg

is how I will always imagine The Punisher. This story arc had the most significant impact on me growing up. Punisher WarZone #1-6 (1992).
Story is guite similar to the 2004 movie, only better...

Last edited:
Seeing that one panel with Frank on top of the car has made me want to dig out the first six issues of War Zone again.
Loved that arc, JR JR's pencils and Janson's inks were amazing.

Liked that they used the ice lolly scene in the Tom Jane movie :)

Cheers,
Doug

So........ who LOVES the figure :rock

Waht is the big deal, we have our Frank castle aka Punisher from the movie War Zone and I can Play anytime and do what I want because I own the Punisher!!...Plus I own the other Punisher (T.J) 2004!!:yess::lol:wink1:
old picture:)
https://

I can't disagree with what you are saying, but the Lundgren movie just isn't entertaining to me. When War Zone was over, I thought--that was a fun movie.

One thing that does give the Lundgren film an extra edge was Louis Gossett, Jr. He was awesome in that movie.

Also, naked man ass.

I thought the Jane Punisher was the best of the three. It wasn't great, but it had a good balance of the comic aspects with movie aspects. Although they used three of my least favorite Ennis characters (I just don't get The Russian's appeal). War Zone seemed like it was trying to take too much from the comics, without knowing exactly how to use it in a movie. The one thing I can say is that War Zone was definitely better than its previews would have you think.

I'd like to see a close up on the Tomas Jane sculpt... :pray:

Ski, I post some pictures later, I need to relax go down to my Basement and play my instruments...listen music...enjoy later my comics..pop some beers...SAMUEL ADAMS!!:yess::rotfl:lol

Had a heck of a time the other day putting the figure together. I'm not accustomed to military-type kits, so it got a bit fiddly in the two hours I spent kitting up the Punisher. :lol

Had a heck of a time the other day putting the figure together. I'm not accustomed to military-type kits, so it got a bit fiddly in the two hours I spent kitting up the Punisher. :lol

That's definitely one aspect I'm not looking forward to. I'm the laziest person with figures, I'll procrastinate on making even the most minute of adjustments.

Yeah, he takes awhile to get right, Plas. There's still one of the little neck snaps that go from the neck guard to the vest that I've yet to get to snap in place.

That's definitely one aspect I'm not looking forward to. I'm the laziest person with figures, I'll procrastinate on making even the most minute of adjustments.

Most of it is straightforward enough, but a few of the holsters took me a lot longer than I thought it would. The pistol holster and ammo pouches that are supposed to fit on the tactical vest were really testing my patience.

But in the end I knew how great it would look all kitted up, so it was worth the effort. And you should take the effort too! :D

Yeah, he takes awhile to get right, Plas. There's still one of the little neck snaps that go from the neck guard to the vest that I've yet to get to snap in place.

Yeah I haven't even snapped those in either, they didn't seem to want to.

Z sculpted the Jane. Here it is in all it's glory

I still want to give it another go over. I know I can do better now.

Yes, that I know of. Will repaint soon. It really is amazing when in hand.

Joey, remember when we start all this about the Punisher:War Zone?? I was looking for some one who can make this HS...I remember contact..someone took a lot of money from this forum and the other one OSW he try scam me too, and I found Z, I was PM him all the time and bring this great artist here for make us the Punisher HS and we get Punisher:War Zone, Jigsaw and Punisher 2004(T.J) and too many other head sculpts, past two years...and we have a GOOD TIME!!! enjoy this 1/6 custom world!!! :1-1::hi5::chug SALUD!!!

Back