Art-Figures: AF-003 "Saves" (Punisher)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many do NOT know who the Punisher is. :lecture

Come on... More people know the Punisher than GR, right? Punisher's first appearance is worth more than GR, isn't it? Outside of the Hulk, Cap, Spider-Man, Wolverine and now Iron Man I'd say the Punisher is up there with the second tier of popular Marvel heroes.:lecture

Come on... More people know the Punisher than GR, right? Punisher's first appearance is worth more than GR, isn't it? Outside of the Hulk, Cap, Spider-Man, Wolverine and now Iron Man I'd say the Punisher is up there with the second tier of popular Marvel heroes.:lecture

Nope, they don't.

I dressed up for Halloween one year as "The Punisher" I know first had how many women did NOT know who he was. :lecture:lecture:lecture

My wife to this day included and that's the night I met her.

I didn't like Ghostrider at all. Punisher was cheesy at some points but I liked it overall, I would go see a sequel. Also Punisher was rated R vs. Ghost Rider was PG-13. probably had something to do with it.

The Thomas Jane version was ok, but really didn't feel like punisher.

Nope, they don't.

I dressed up for Halloween one year as "The Punisher" I know first had how many women did NOT know who he was. :lecture:lecture:lecture

My wife to this day included and that's the night I met her.

Yeah, but more males know the Punisher than Ghost Rider, that's my point. Hell, my wife doesn't know who the Green Lantern is. We just assume that these are household names but outside of Superman, Batman, Robin, Spider-man, The Hulk, Wolverine and the Joker (and now Ironman) most ladies don't know this stuff.

Whether the average woman knows who he is, I do agree that he is much more well known than Ghost Rider.

That doesn't mean a Punisher Movie will do better, though. For many reasons, the rating certainly, but the one that jumps out to me is that to someone who isn't a comic fan, Ghost Rider is a much more visually interesting character to see a movie about.

Yeah, but more males know the Punisher than Ghost Rider, that's my point. Hell, my wife doesn't know who the Green Lantern is. We just assume that these are household names but outside of Superman, Batman, Robin, Spider-man, The Hulk, Wolverine and the Joker (and now Ironman) most ladies don't know this stuff.

More women in the world than men, ticket sales son :lecture

U lose.

I win.

HULK SMASH, good day sir.

Hi Rich :wave

Whether the average woman knows who he is, I do agree that he is much more well known than Ghost Rider.

That doesn't mean a Punisher Movie will do better, though. For many reasons, the rating certainly, but the one that jumps out to me is that to someone who isn't a comic fan, Ghost Rider is a much more visually interesting character to see a movie about.

Nicolas Cage probably draws more to the box office as well than Ray Stevenson.

No, and I'm totally not saying a Punisher movie will, or should do better than a GR movie, I'm just comparing the two in terms of comic book popularity. GR features Nicholas Cage, a very famous and very crappy actor, and a ton of special effects while Punisher movies feature lower level stars and a bunch of guns. GR is going to get more asses into the theatre.... Also, I freaking love Ghost Rider, so I'm not picking sides.

More women in the world than men, ticket sales son :lecture

U lose.

I win.

HULK SMASH, good day sir.

Hi Rich :wave

Read above. Not saying GR isn't a bigger movie draw, just that Punisher is a bigger comic book star.

Also, Ghost Rider got a hell of a lot more publicity. But in general, I think it is the fact that he's a "flaming skull guy" that sold this movie. I don't imagine the Nic Cage effect is very strong draw anymore with movies, but maybe I'm wrong. I guess he's a "movie star," and makes a movie feel bigger and more legit when he's there than if you stuck character actor X in the role.

No, and I'm totally not saying a Punisher movie will, or should do better than a GR movie, I'm just comparing the two in terms of comic book popularity. GR features Nicholas Cage, a very famous and very crappy actor, and a ton of special effects while Punisher movies feature lower level stars and a bunch of guns. GR is going to get more asses into the theatre.... Also, I freaking love Ghost Rider, so I'm not picking sides.

Read above. Not saying GR isn't a bigger movie draw, just that Punisher is a bigger comic book star.

Eh ok, yea that's not my arguement. :nana: this is the Ray Stevenson figure so that's where I thought we were talking about movies...

Just talking about who in the world knows the Punisher, believe it or not not many besides us and comic fellas.

I was replying to this statement, btw.

Ghost Rider:
Worldwide: $228,738,393

War Zone:
Worldwide: $10,100,036

This in movies sales was the debat I was saying, many don't know who the Punisher is.... in order to see the movie.

Comic book, definitely. And as a whole, in the grand scheme of all media, I also think the Punisher is more well known. The movie successes or failures were due to a lot more than character recognizability.

Also, Ghost Rider got a hell of a lot more publicity. But in general, I think it is the fact that he's a "flaming skull guy" that sold this movie. I don't imagine the Nic Cage effect is very strong draw anymore with movies, but maybe I'm wrong. I guess he's a "movie star," and makes a movie feel bigger and more legit when he's there than if you stuck character actor X in the role.

I would say it's because Punisher doesn't bring anything new to the table. Grumpy vigilante that kills badguys has been done to death.

The Exterminator is still the best "Punisher" movie.

I don't know, I have heard a lot of people say that they really like Nick Cage, me personally don't know why? but that's my opinion. I guess he appeals to a lot of people who like actors who turn the characters into them vs. and become the character like Heath's Joker, I got lost in the character and didn't see Heath, vs. Jonny Blaze as Nick Cage in Ghost Rider.

edit: I did actually like nick cage in Kick Ass though.

I would say it's because Punisher doesn't bring anything new to the table. Grumpy vigilante that kills badguys has been done to death.

The Exterminator is still the best "Punisher" movie.

death-wish.bmp

And I loved Nic Cage in Raising Arizona, but I just don't think he is the draw he used to be. Still a draw, but enough to rake in $200,000,000+? I think other factors played more of a role.

He's probably big in France and Japan.

Death Wish is a good choice, but I bump Exterminator a hair above it.

Death Wish 3 on the other hand, is almost the greatest movie ever made.

Back