Arnold talking about his possible role in Terminator Salvation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its good that he has a part but I sure don't want to see him dominate the screentime. A quick cameo of him in a room or having his face on an assembly line of Terminators is perfect.

Last edited:
Re: Arnold talks about his role in T4

Well, not like it hasn't been done before.

They mapped Christopher Lees' face on a stunt double for Dooku's lightsaber duels in Episode II and III.

It was done way back for Jurassic Park too, in 93, when Lex falls through the ceiling in the command compound, the stunt girl looked up and they put the Actress's face over her.

This is differant as I understand Arnold, whos saying he didn't shoot anything new, this is just them lifting existing footage to recreate his face and recycling existing dialogue.

I think its good that he has a part but I sure don't want to see him dominate the screentime. A quick cameo of him in a room or having his face on an assembly line of Terminators is perfect.

Exactly. They must avoid at all costs making lightness of any kind out of him for this one. If he had a longer role they'd probably be too temped to have him say some stupid crowd-guffawing line. So best that we just see his face, not necessarily make him have any lines at all. Maybe even show T-800 101s with different stages of ageing to account for the fact that he looks progressively older in each of the first 3 films.

It was done way back for Jurassic Park too, in 93, when Lex falls through the ceiling in the command compound, the stunt girl looked up and they put the Actress's face over her.

This is differant as I understand Arnold, whos saying he didn't shoot anything new, this is just them lifting existing footage to recreate his face and recycling existing dialogue.

I remember reading somewhere that this past year, he did take a trip to ILM (or vice versa) to have his likeness digitally scanned for the movie.

Is the rumor true that the guy that played the young Arnold in his Bio Pic(I can't remember his name), is going to play the Terminator in the new movies?

As far as i know, his name is Roland Kickinger and he is just a kind of stand-in for the new terminators. the actors have some big guy to react to and the cg-guys can use his motion. But he will not be in the movie in person.

Is the rumor true that the guy that played the young Arnold in his Bio Pic(I can't remember his name), is going to play the Terminator in the new movies?

From what I've heard Roland will be standing in for Arnie himself only. Arnie's face will be placed over Roland's for the scenes he is in.

ronald.jpg

Why even bother getting another Austrian, who looks and sounds like Arnold if they are just going to put Arnold's face and voice in there?

I think its because the guys got a similar build too.

:lecture :lecture :lol Yup. Arnold doesn't look like that anymore. While bumping him up from a T-800 to a T-850 described the bit of size loss between T1 and T2, there was enough of a contrast between T2 and T3 for it to be noticeable so the necessity's there since this is supposed to be the first T-800.

I think this is great, but will they conitue to do this with the next one. I mean they are signed on to do 3 of the new terminator movies. I can't see them doing this more than once with Arnie.

Back