ARGO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately too many movie-goers DO think films truly represent the events shown. Titanic, Braveheart, The Patriot etc. are all hideously inaccurate for the sake of drama, yet the average Joe tends to belive, or at least not question, what they have seen.

Still, saw Argo last night and thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Some even believe that said event was just a movie....:slap

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history...ht-Titanic-disaster-was-just-a-film-plot.html

:lol

But the thing is, since I know it's a film, and since I know that all films never stay 100% accurate to the source (even Zero Dark Thirty)...I can still enjoy them, and appreciate the moment.

Val should direct his anger on the morons that believe it.

Now you are putting a whole lot of BS in my mouth and trying to turn this into a Canada vs US thing.

I could actually look at this as a Israel/US vs Iran thing as well and part of the reason why parts were changed were to make it look like the US really stuck it to the Iranians when infact it really was the Canadians but, that just doesn't work well with what is going on currently today.

And you are not trying to reason with me, i was never engaging in any debate with you simply because you are way off base.

And yes, a lot of people will believe after watching Argo, they will believe this is how it went down.

"Do you know that even history is distorted, anything written down, and not captured live on cameras, has been distorted in some way be the persons interpretation of the events. No human can recount events 100% as they occurred without their brain filling in some of the blanks."

So much was changed in Argo its laughable..stop embarrassing yourself with this silly point you are trying to make, your own former President even admitted the real truth behind this operation.

I am not angry at anyone here for enjoying this movie, just to get that clear now.

Some even believe that said event was just a movie....:slap

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history...ht-Titanic-disaster-was-just-a-film-plot.html

:lol

But the thing is, since I know it's a film, and since I know that all films never stay 100% accurate to the source (even Zero Dark Thirty)...I can still enjoy them, and appreciate the moment.

I don't remember the character's name that Leonardo DiCaprio played (Jack Dawson?), but I remember a sea of girls visiting his grave as the movie exploded... ugh... he could have been a great guy or he could have been a rapist for all we know, the point is they visited the guy's grave all because some at-the-time teen heart throb had their juices flowing... Sill girls... Silly silly silly girls. Silly silly, silly silly Celtic Predator.. I mean, what?

django-unchained-movie-quotes-21.gif

Now you are putting a whole lot of BS in my mouth and trying to turn this into a Canada vs US thing.

I could actually look at this as a Israel/US vs Iran thing as well and part of the reason why parts were changed were to make it look like the US really stuck it to the Iranians when infact it really was the Canadians but, that just doesn't work well with what is going on currently today.

And you are not trying to reason with me, i was never engaging in any debate with you simply because you are way off base.

And yes, a lot of people will believe after watching Argo, they will believe this is how it went down.

"Do you know that even history is distorted, anything written down, and not captured live on cameras, has been distorted in some way be the persons interpretation of the events. No human can recount events 100% as they occurred without their brain filling in some of the blanks."

So much was changed in Argo its laughable..stop embarrassing yourself with this silly point you are trying to make, your own former President even admitted the real truth behind this operation.

I am not angry at anyone here for enjoying this movie, just to get that clear now.

That's right u can't debate with me because there is nothing to debate. I never said (and neither did anyone else say) that it was historically accurate. You are the one putting words in peoples mouths and making assumptions. Just keep debating with yourself and preaching to a choir that only exist in your mind; as you have been doing since u entered this thread. You made it quite clear with your fist post how you felt about this movie. That wasn't enough, at seems as though you feel obligated to continue posting this stuff to ensure everyone know that this movie is a fraud. Then when people say they like it you get pissed off and insult their intelligence and assume that they believe it to be a real historical documentary or something. The assumption in itself is insulting, as you must assume people (regardless if they are american) are ignorant to what really happened and will take this movie as some sort of gospel.

I am out. By the way you say you have no agenda against america then why the hell is this such a big deal too you. What should have the american film industry done to stop this travesty from ever being released?? Isn't that what your getting at? America should not have released this film. If not... what the hell is the point of all this hate... what if France released it, would it bother u as much as it obviously does??

Last edited:

Me too. If anything it makes me research the topic to see what liberties were taken when making the movie.

Meh. Django was better. Django deserved it.

This was a great movie. Better then Zero Dark or Life of whatever.

But meh.

^ I didn't see it yet, but I agree with the second part. Don't even want to touch the first part. :lol

So Michelle Obama presented? Why? I thought it was Jack Nicholson.

That's dumb.

Back