are ghosts real?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you think Ghosts exist?

• Yes

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • no

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • I have experienced Paranormal Activity in the past

Votes: 19 26.0%

• Total voters
PS If you haven't ever watched Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files, do yourself a favor and give it a try. Its easily my favorite Paranormal show because instead of looking for ghosts or whatever, they try to debunk various videos, photos, etc first and only then accept that there might be something more to a case. Very refreshing compared to the other shows IMO.

I want to believe too. (obviously I'm a GB fan and fan of paranormal in general) Would be awesome if we proved the existence of other alien life, or another plain of consciousness. But that's also what keeps me interested what you talk about here, is Occam's Razor as I mentioned above.

The most legit people in this field are actually going out of there way to disprove, not prove theories.

That's not true/entirely fair. A lot of the most legit paranormal researchers have had paranormal experiences but still don't believe in ghosts and work off Occam's Razor.

Most people who take it seriously aren't on tv and won't push that kinda nonsense as anything remotely legit.

I've heard things or seen things that I couldn't explain that I figured out later were light/shadows(car lights of people turning around hitting the intake fan in a window and making it look like a shadow moving in my bedroom) or sounds from heating vents popping etc. Even Ghost Hunters would often explain off most of their cases as this kinda thing. (people not understanding plumbling noises, high EMF from pipes etc)

:lecture Well there you have it. You said yourself that you were able to debunk the cause of the noise, light, or whatever it was. Therefor, you still have not had an experience you could not explain.

Also, forget about what you watch on TV. No one can validate if any of that is legit. They're fun to watch. I know I enjoy them, but I'm talking about personal experiences.

ut I'm talking about personal experiences.

This is the problem though. Those people on tv had personal experiences, they simply weren't licensed plumbers/electricians so they couldn't explain those aspects themselves. The outside help explained and debunked it.

Professionals in this field exist, and those are the people you should look into and learn about(I've read a lot of books too, not just tv, i considered going to school for this at one point). Not a random person on the internet that can fabricate a story for attention whose mental state cannot be in any way verified.

Aside from that also consider this. (the majority of)People still reject scientific proof for religion being a hoax because it's what they've known since they were a kid. Ideas planted in people's heads as children tend to stick even when they know they don't make sense like a talking snake, or giants or fitting millions of species of animals and insects onto a single boat. It can be hard to recondition your brain and realize that the truth is a lot less fun and dark.

Last edited:
I had a friend who told me she and her older brother could hear voices in their house.

When she was younger (about 6th grade, if I remember correctly), she had 3 classmates over for a slumber party. Her parents left briefly to do the groceries and she stayed at home with her friends. Two of her classmates asked what her brother and his friends were doing in his room because they both could hear them. She told them that he wasn't home. That he was also doing a sleep over, but at his friends' house. She of course never told her friends beforehand that she could hear voices in her house, otherwise, no one would want to come over. LOL!

She explained to her classmates that her brother probably left his TV on in his room and that she would turn it off.
She never did tell her friends that her brother, in fact, doesn't have a TV in his room.

This is the problem though. Those people on tv had personal experiences, they simply weren't licensed plumbers/electricians so they couldn't explain those aspects themselves. The outside help explained and debunked it.

Professionals in this field exist, and those are the people you should look into and learn about(I've read a lot of books too, not just tv, i considered going to school for this at one point). Not a random person on the internet that can fabricate a story for attention whose mental state cannot be in any way verified.

Aside from that also consider this. (the majority of)People still reject scientific proof for religion being a hoax because it's what they've known since they were a kid. Ideas planted in people's heads as children tend to stick even when they know they don't make sense like a talking snake, or giants or fitting millions of species of animals and insects onto a single boat. It can be hard to recondition your brain and realize that the truth is a lot less fun and dark.

I'm not doubting you. All I'm saying in regards to TV, books, and the media in general... it's hard to tell if they are being sincere and honest because money is involved (i.e. trying to get the highest ratings on TV, making top dollar on your book, etc).

Your own personal experience in this matter is much more meaningful. If you just haven't had that experience that you cannot explain, then of course you will not believe in such things.

That's like saying you can't trust doctors because it's about money and if you think you have had a stroke it's all about the personal experience. I just can't agree. When you bring in a professional you often learn how wrong you were. A plumber to fix pipes, a doctor to tell you it's just a mole and not cancer etc. If you aren't a professional in paranormal, why would you assume otherwise?

The problem is you're making blanket statements based on nothing that any and everyone who's experianced something would believe it's ghosts.

I experianced something paranormal. I didn't figure out what it was right away(for months). I didn't immediately assume ghosts are real either. I am proof your statement doesn't entirely work.

If you want to believe that, fine, but you shouldn't speak for a broad public like that based on no facts. It's not just that there's no proof, it's also that so many have been debunked.

That's like saying you can't trust doctors because it's about money and if you think you have had a stroke it's all about the personal experience. I just can't agree. When you bring in a professional you often learn how wrong you were. A plumber to fix pipes, a doctor to tell you it's just a mole and not cancer etc. If you aren't a professional in paranormal, why would you assume otherwise?

The problem is you're making blanket statements based on nothing that any and everyone who's experianced something would believe it's ghosts.

I experianced something paranormal. I didn't figure out what it was right away(for months). I didn't immediately assume ghosts are real either. I am proof your statement doesn't entirely work.

If you want to believe that, fine, but you shouldn't speak for a broad public like that based on no facts. It's not just that there's no proof, it's also that so many have been debunked.

I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone else but myself.
Sorry if I don't include, "in my opinion" with every post I make. LOL!

Lastly, my doctor and my plumber don't have TV shows. So when my physician tells me I'm in good health and when my plumber says I've got a broken faucet, I know they're not doing so to boost their ratings.

You said multiple times that "I" (me) haven't or have experienced or don't know. That's not your opinion. Those are my facts.

Your doctor wants to sell you medicine and keep you coming in because he makes money from your insurance and your plumber makes money too.

The difference with professional paranormal researchers and the random people you're talking about who've had an experiance is a college degree in a science. And as I said, they are writing books to disprove everything. You should google Occam's Razor. It's what all legit investigators go by. They aren't writing books saying look I found a ghost. It's the opposite, saying look, there's no proof so far. That to me isn't about money like say Ghost Hunters on tv who have to once in a while allude to maybe it being real to keep up ratings.

If you have 10 thousand people in Lousiana screaming ghost here! people will listen and go hmm thats a lot of people

You get one professional to go in and say, no its this radio frequency they're hearing from high EMF, and all the sudden not only do you not any longer have 10 thousand possible cases, I have 10 thousand confirmed incorrect not paranormal, just strengthening the probablity against ghosts and the paranormal by that much more.

There's also a ton of people out there right now who think they have cancer, they'll goto the doctor in the next month and find out they're wrong and were imagining symptoms.

Only people who are mentally unstable and weak do. It's all in the mind, as is our perception of reality, but at least the majority of us can agree that what we toss up comes back down as opposed to someone claiming only they are special and can only experience the supernatural.

A relative proclaimed some poltergeist shifted all of his furniture upside down one night when he left. He had freaked out and had everyone get together to console him. Few weeks later everyone found out he went raving that night and took 'shrooms. /facepalm

I've known some people who are extremely strong mentally, but still believe they experience communication with the hereafter. I don't think that they are talking to the dead, but I don't think it's accurate to characterize them as fools or lunatics.

I had a couple of weird experiences as a kid but I just put that down to my young mind playing tricks on me. I am open to the idea they exist but I refuse to believe anything like that until I have conclusive evidence or experienced it for myself.

Well my mom claims to hold conversations with loved ones that have passed through her dreams.

After my uncle died, my aunt and their kids claimed to see him in the house: standing in the kitchen, sitting at the kitchen table, sitting in his favorite chair watching TV, etc. After my aunt sold the house and moved away, the sightings stopped. I think that was his residual energy they were seeing.

My fiancee has told me that he heard the voice of his 10-year-old nephew tell him goodbye (in his words, "Goodbye Uncle Mike"). Shortly afterward he learned that his nephew had died in an accident.

Last year I was visiting my parents and witnessed a shadow figure. It emerged from my parents' bedroom, moved across the hallway, stopped at the door of the guest bedroom, put its arm on the door frame like it was leaning on the door, looked right at me, then turned and disappeared into the guest bedroom. The whole episode lasted about a minute.

I can't explain any of these experiences, but I think that with Mike, my mom and my aunt, their experiences brought them peace and comfort in their time of grieving. As with the shadow figure, I can't explain that. But I know that I didn't feel threatened by it.

I voted no. I would add that I'm glad of that too because I find the idea of ghosts, poltergeists, demon possession freaky scary as a concept. I just think its fiction.

there's always going to be unbeliever. these things doesn't happen to everyone and everyday. I wouldn't want to stick around after I die but then again, where would I go? maybe its purgatory or whatever. to be honest, I wouldn't want to experience these on a daily basis, i'll go crazy. sure I can ignore it but would be hard to function at work properly.

We'll definitely find alien life before we can prove an 'afterlife'.

you sir, you are waiting to be blackthornone schooled.
throwback tuesday: something in the line of choosing who his mama vessel before getting born.

:lol

Back